BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2012 11:51 am  #1

A swatch thread - colours for fonts

As there is a growing interest in using colours for fonts within the forum, I thought we could compile a list of sites that have codes & colours that could be used.

Now, not all colours will suitable for the forum, so a test is a good idea otherwise people just won't bother reading your posts as it may hurt their eyes.

So please feel free to list pages with codes & post samples for everyone to look at & use or state that it's a hard colour to see.
(Might be best if we limit the chat in here so that things don't get confusing huh?) = ie PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 28, 2012 11:52 am  #2

Re: A swatch thread - colours for fonts

I am currently using these pages for colours-
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Lindsay/swatch0.html

There are several pages, flick through using the arrows at the bottom.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 28, 2012 12:11 pm  #3

To use the colours simply select the code for whatever colour you want and paste it into the colour tag.
The colour tag is

[color=code goes here}TEXT GOES HERE[/color}

Now the tag has deliberately been typed WRONG by me because otherwise you will not see it in the post. The 2 brackets like this " }  " should really be the lower case ones like this " ]  "

If you "quote" this post you will see how it looks when I use a GOLD font

GOLD is #FFD700 code

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 28, 2012 7:29 pm  #4

DarkSeaGreen3     
#9BCD9B

ok---  so  those pages ARE  working for the BB code  here--and you DO  have to use the #  sign  when you put the code in there.  thanks for starting this thread kazza

Sherlock is brilliant 

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 28, 2012 7:32 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 28, 2012 9:47 pm  #5

I just have to get used to using American spelling lol This is Deep Pink 3 code #CD1076
Hmm even when that one is bolded, it's not that good here,lol.

Last edited by kazza474 (July 28, 2012 9:47 pm)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 29, 2012 8:06 am  #6

Emboldened...lol. No..not good? A bit not good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera