BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2012 12:45 pm  #1

Elementary execs Q&A

Quite an interesting Q&A session.

www.digitalspy.com/tv/s205/elementary-execs-qa-dont-want-sherlock-watson-in-bed-together.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Elementary execs Q&A

You know, I stopped ages ago reading articles about that show.
I have NEVER seen any show which has not even aired yet (or had too many eps made) spend so much time on publicising how they will NOT be like a certain other show. Never.
Which means one of 2 things to me:
1. They really are not that confident of their product or they would not be breaking the golden rule of marketing "don't acknowledge the other players in the field unless absolutely necessary & if so, limit the reference to it to one time only."
2. They need to gain publicity using a successful show's name.They are riding on the wave of success. Again it comes back to their own belief in their product.

I won't read these articles, I am not interested in something that the creators are not even confident in.
They will talk till they are blue in the face, talk is cheap but I daresay it is all they have.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 27, 2012 2:17 pm  #3

I was amused but probably not in the way they intended.  Not going to use any of the original stories, probably not going to, might use them eventually. God, I don't think they really know what they ae doing. The reason for making John into Joan is well schoolboy level intellect I think. Hee Hee, he doesn't really understand or like women much so what fun...Hee Hee let's make his flat mate one! Tee Hee!

You can see why Moffat cannot stand the idea of once more stepping into the breech and trying to work with these studio types. Lots of interference in script! Meh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 10:31 pm  #4

yeah,  it  really  surprises me  as to how come Elementary is getting so much publicity even before it starts airing on TV.   They aren't even paying for it.   Is it good  or bad?   only  time will tell.   Yeah....Moffat was smart to turn this down.   He's gotta focus on HIS  shows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera