BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2012 6:12 am  #1

I need some technical help

I tried using the search feature but got no hits, so I'm guessing this question has not been asked before. If it has, please feel free to redirect me. How does one go about changing the color of the text in the signature line? Thank you! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

July 27, 2012 6:18 am  #2

Re: I need some technical help

I guess it's been explained somewhere but some things are a bit hard to find. You do it like this.
[color=insert the colour you wish to have]your text[/color]

Hope this helps.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2012 7:32 am  #3

It's back earlier in this thread but what Susi says is the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 3:55 pm  #4

I'masherlockgirl--

Look  inside this thread for some answers,  ok? 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=803

Also--Hit  QUOTE   inside  this post,  and you'll see  that I did the same thing that Susi  advised.  One thing to note--when you put the name of a color in the brackets,  sometimes they  won't work,  and then you'll have to use numbers. 

Here's a site   that  will list  bb code numbers  for colors.   

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?119520-bbcode-name-for-colors-for-forums

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 27, 2012 3:56 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 27, 2012 5:27 pm  #5

And we shall rename her 'Rainbow Skitty'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 9:56 pm  #6

sherlockskitty wrote:

I'masherlockgirl--

Look  inside this thread for some answers,  ok? 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=803

Also--Hit  QUOTE   inside  this post,  and you'll see  that I did the same thing that Susi  advised.  One thing to note--when you put the name of a color in the brackets,  sometimes they  won't work,  and then you'll have to use numbers. 

Here's a site   that  will list  bb code numbers  for colors.   

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?119520-bbcode-name-for-colors-for-forums

Thank you SusiGo, Davina, and sherlockskitty for your help. I found what I needed, edited my signature, and am please with the results. Easy peasy when you have help and know what to do! Thanks again, ladies! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 10:23 pm  #7

you're welcome,  and I  just LOVE  that blue color  you have--  what  name did you use for it?   Hitting quote won't help me;  the post  dosn't show your siggy  inside it.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 28, 2012 12:49 am  #8

sherlockskitty wrote:

you're welcome,  and I  just LOVE  that blue color  you have--  what  name did you use for it?   Hitting quote won't help me;  the post  dosn't show your siggy  inside it.

Thanks! The blue color I used is called cornflower blue, but using the name won't work so you have to use the number for it -- the number is #6495ED. And then I put it in bold face type.

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 7:23 pm  #9

thank you  sherlockgirl!!   appreaciate it.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 28, 2012 7:50 pm  #10

You're welcome sherlockskitty, no problem...

Last edited by ImaSherlockGirl (July 28, 2012 7:51 pm)

Why would I do that?

Board footera