BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2012 5:00 am  #1

Hi Everyone,

Hi, my name is Patricia. I have a fabulous daughter, a wonderful son-in-law, and 2 very wonderful grandsons, the oldest of which I have introduced to Sherlock. I have liked and loved a lot of programs over the years, but none so much as Sherlock...I could watch all the episodes 24/7 and never get tired of them. I am really glad to have found this forum and have actually spent several days visiting and reading the posts before I finally decided to register; I've enjoyed reading all the wonderful posts, and I feel like I know everyone already. I don't know how often I will post but I will definitely "pop in" as often as I can. And like everyone else, I am "patiently" waiting for series 3...

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

July 27, 2012 5:41 am  #2

Re: Hi Everyone,

Welcome, Patricia, it's nice to have you here. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2012 7:03 am  #3

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll like it here.
Just out of curiosity, what does the Welsh mean in your signature?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 27, 2012 7:17 am  #4

Hello and welcome to the forum Patricia. I hope,you have lots of fun here and pop in often, even if it's only for a cuppa tea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 3:14 pm  #5

Hi Patricia, welcome to the madness, glad you decided to join up. Just remember that, even though you, like me, are one of the more 'mature' members, you can be as sensible or as silly as you want. I err on the side of silliness. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 3:58 pm  #6

welcome patricia!!  I love your username.   you'll have loads of fun,  here with us crazy sherlockians.   I mean,   we're crazy-silly,  for all things  SHERLOCK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 27, 2012 5:22 pm  #7

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll like it here.
Just out of curiosity, what does the Welsh mean in your signature?

Thanks, hypergreenfrog, I really do like it here, so much fun and information!

To answer your question -- Years ago Welsh singer Tom Jones had a TV show that was broadcast weekly here in US and he always close his show with these words. The translations is "Blessed be your life, and I wish you joy always." It's been one of my favorite quotes for many years.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 5:26 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Welcome, Patricia, it's nice to have you here. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun 

Thanks Susi! I'm still working my way through various threads, but I'm enjoying all the posts. 

Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 10:08 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum Patricia. I hope,you have lots of fun here and pop in often, even if it's only for a cuppa tea.

Thank you, Davina! 

Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 10:12 pm  #10

hepzibah wrote:

Hi Patricia, welcome to the madness, glad you decided to join up. Just remember that, even though you, like me, are one of the more 'mature' members, you can be as sensible or as silly as you want. I err on the side of silliness. 

Thanks, hepzibah! As the saying goes, "There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be silly sometimes." 

Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 10:19 pm  #11

sherlockskitty wrote:

welcome patricia!!  I love your username.   you'll have loads of fun,  here with us crazy sherlockians.   I mean,   we're crazy-silly,  for all things  SHERLOCK.

Thank you, and thank you, sherlockskitty! I tried to come up with a username that would show how much I really, really like this program, especially since I wasn't sure if I was going to like a "modern-day" Sherlock (I grew up watching Basil Rathbone as Sherlock). But I was hooked within the first 15 minutes of the first episode. 

Why would I do that?

July 27, 2012 11:10 pm  #12

Welcome! I'm a Sherlock girl, too, as are many of us. You really will have some fun here, I'm sure.

So, may I ask, are you Welsh?

July 28, 2012 12:44 am  #13

veecee wrote:

Welcome! I'm a Sherlock girl, too, as are many of us. You really will have some fun here, I'm sure.

So, may I ask, are you Welsh?

Thanks veecee! To answer your question, no, I am not Welsh, though I wouldn't object to being so! 

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 1:46 am  #14

If you like, you can go to "Meet the Members" and "Tell us what part of the world you come from."

July 28, 2012 4:54 am  #15

veecee wrote:

If you like, you can go to "Meet the Members" and "Tell us what part of the world you come from."

Thanks, veecee. I actually did that the same day I "registered". I had a couple of minor glitches, so hopefully my response was accepted. But just in case, I'm in the state of Illinois in US. 

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 5:03 am  #16

I'm in Michigan! I'll be in Chicago for a long weekend next month.

July 28, 2012 8:14 pm  #17

veecee wrote:

I'm in Michigan! I'll be in Chicago for a long weekend next month.

Cool! Chicago is about 3 to 4 hours (depending on how fast your drive) north of where I am...

A couple of years ago I was in Holland, Michigan, for a a few days attending the Tulip Festival. I really enjoyed it.

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 9:13 pm  #18

I'm glad you liked the tulips. Please come to Ann Arbor during Summer Festival and Top of the Park or during the Art Fair(s). It is wonderful.

Anyway, I love Chicago and big cities in general.

Do you want to say what city you are from in Illinois? I don't mean to be pushy. Just so glad to find someone else from the Midwest on here. I think we have someone in Ohio, too.

Last edited by veecee (July 28, 2012 11:12 pm)

July 29, 2012 1:05 am  #19

veecee wrote:

I'm glad you liked the tulips. Please come to Ann Arbor during Summer Festival and Top of the Park or during the Art Fair(s). It is wonderful.

Anyway, I love Chicago and big cities in general.

Do you want to say what city you are from in Illinois? I don't mean to be pushy. Just so glad to find someone else from the Midwest on here. I think we have someone in Ohio, too.

I'm from a "small" town called Charleston (pop. about 24,000), home of Eastern Illinois University (where I retired from). Charleston is about 45 minutes south of Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, where the University of Illinois is located. 

Why would I do that?

July 29, 2012 4:05 am  #20

So you live in a college town, too? I hope you enjoy that as much as I do.

Board footera