BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2013 5:18 am  #121

Re: Encountering Sherlockians Randomly

Yes, definitely! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

July 26, 2013 4:30 pm  #122

Yesterday, on the train to Munich: I'm sitting there, quite bored, reading a Sherlock fanfiction (!) on my Kindle. Two guys are sitting across from me, chatting loudly about TV series. I'm not really listening to their conversation until...

No.1: "Oh, have you ever seen Sherlock, that BBC version?"
No.2: "Yeah I have, that one's awesome!"
No.1: "I like it too. Really wanna know how he survived that f*** fall in the last episode..."
No.2: "They're shooting season 3 right now, finally. And I've read lots of spoilers on the internet - so I can already tell you that they -"
Me: "Noooooo, stop it!!"

The look on their faces was priceless 
I explained that I was a big fan, too (and NOT spoilered yet); so we had a nice chat about the series in general. They left the train at the next stop, and guy no.2 promised guy no.1 to tell him the spoilers as soon as they were outside^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 26, 2013 4:37 pm  #123

Oh dear god. That sounds pretty cool. I would have loved to see their reaction! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 26, 2013 5:02 pm  #124

Birds of a feather flock together

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 31, 2013 8:23 pm  #125

SherlockianDE wrote:

Yesterday, on the train to Munich: I'm sitting there, quite bored, reading a Sherlock fanfiction (!) on my Kindle. Two guys are sitting across from me, chatting loudly about TV series. I'm not really listening to their conversation until...

No.1: "Oh, have you ever seen Sherlock, that BBC version?"
No.2: "Yeah I have, that one's awesome!"
No.1: "I like it too. Really wanna know how he survived that f*** fall in the last episode..."
No.2: "They're shooting season 3 right now, finally. And I've read lots of spoilers on the internet - so I can already tell you that they -"
Me: "Noooooo, stop it!!"

The look on their faces was priceless 
I explained that I was a big fan, too (and NOT spoilered yet); so we had a nice chat about the series in general. They left the train at the next stop, and guy no.2 promised guy no.1 to tell him the spoilers as soon as they were outside^^

Thank goodness they had a spoiler alert in their conversation!

July 31, 2013 8:25 pm  #126

We had our big, 4-day outdoor Art Festival(s) a couple of weeks ago. Wore our I am SHERLOCKED shirts and got lots of recs! It was fun.

August 2, 2013 7:21 am  #127

veecee wrote:

Thank goodness they had a spoiler alert in their conversation!

Yes, I was really lucky there^^ if he'd just said "Did you know that Sherlock survived by (insert solution here)", I might have had to just strangle the poor guy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 2, 2013 4:56 pm  #128

As far as I know it isn't revealed how Sherlock did it so there's no reason to strangle poor random guys
I'm wearing my Sherlocked Shirt more often these days. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any recs up to date. These poor people are pretty isolated on their island here...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 2, 2013 4:58 pm  #129

I can honestly say I've never randomly encountered other fans...at least to my knowledge.  So I've created some (my sister, mother and friends, lol).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 2, 2013 5:01 pm  #130

sj4iy wrote:

I can honestly say I've never randomly encountered other fans...at least to my knowledge.  So I've created some (my sister, mother and friends, lol).

Converting family members is always fine.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 2, 2013 5:06 pm  #131

sj4iy wrote:

Same here 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2013 2:20 pm  #132

Yesterday in school I saw a girl wearing an 'I AM SHERLOCKED' pullover.
At first I couldn't believe it and didn't really dare to say anything, but later I thought of you being happy about recs so I decided to say at least that I am also Sherlocked.
It was just when passing by, but I  think it was better than saying nothing; maybe I'll say more if I see her again...

Edit:
Saw her today again; she knows Sherlock from television and is also obsessed since she first watched it.
Now I'm happy... :D

Last edited by FluteLocked (September 10, 2013 7:55 pm)

September 13, 2013 10:26 pm  #133

I ended up in a corner of a physics classroom with the only four sherlock fans in the room. :D 

September 13, 2013 10:27 pm  #134

Good stuf!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2013 5:06 am  #135

That sounds like you slipped into an episode of The Big Bang Theory!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2013 5:47 am  #136

Another lovely thought!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2014 5:25 pm  #137

Today I've met my first Sherlock fan - I mean a fan I wasn't supposed to meet.
Coming from work, I walked through the pedestrian-zone in the rain and suddenly I noticed a girl with an "I am Sherlocked" bag who was presumably accompanied by her mother. I jumped towards her (poor girl...) and showed her my "I am Sherlocked" screensaver on my phone. The mother looked a bit bewildered and exclaimed: "Oh - another crazy one!" Then she asked me if it was normal for her daughter to behave after TRF like someone close to their familiy had died. Yes, I assured her that this was pretty normal. Hopefully, she believed me. (I'm a very respectable looking lady after all!) We went a short way together but the girl and me weren't able to discuss series 3 because the mother hadn't seen the episodes yet and didn't want to be spoiled.  She wanted to wait until Pentecost when s3 will air here in Germany.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 23, 2014 5:29 pm  #138

I find it hilarious that Germans celebrate Penetcost with the return of Sherlock!

January 23, 2014 5:36 pm  #139

besleybean wrote:

I find it hilarious that Germans celebrate Penetcost with the return of Sherlock!

At least it won't be Easter!
New Year's day symbolism wasn't that bad given the new beginning after Sherlock's absence.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 23, 2014 5:37 pm  #140

Entirely appropriate!

Board footera