BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2013 11:51 am  #101

Re: Encountering Sherlockians Randomly

But what is life without being Shrlocked?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 17, 2013 11:54 am  #102

besleybean wrote:

But what is life without being Shrlocked?!

Totally boring. But less disappointing and impatient. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 17, 2013 4:18 pm  #103

I feel I am very patient and I have'nt often been disappointed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 17, 2013 4:36 pm  #104

Okay, that was not entirely accurate. But my point is, that the Sherlock Fandom is one of the most depressing, because we only got six episodes and now we have to wait at least a whole year until we're getting more stuff. Of course I have no regrets. Sherlock is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 17, 2013 5:35 pm  #105

Mary Me wrote:

Okay, that was not entirely accurate. But my point is, that the Sherlock Fandom is one of the most depressing, because we only got six episodes and now we have to wait at least a whole year until we're getting more stuff. Of course I have no regrets. Sherlock is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Depressing? *lowers voice* No, I wouldn't say that!
There's hardly anything like Sherlock that keeps on engaging my thoughts. And it's mostly fun.
The comparison may not be entirely adequate but I prefer a lioness having just a few cubs to a mouse having countless offspring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 17, 2013 5:42 pm  #106

tobeornot221b wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Depressing? *lowers voice* No, I wouldn't say that!
There's hardly anything like Sherlock that keeps on engaging my thoughts. And it's mostly fun.
The comparison may not be entirely adequate but I prefer a lioness having just a few cubs to a mouse having countless offspring.

True. Quality is always better than quantity. But there are so few episodes!  No matter how I look at it, I always come to the conclusion that I fastly need series 3! That's depressing me. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 22, 2013 12:51 pm  #107

I had always felt quite lonely with my obsession over Sherlock, so I was really excited when I found another Sherlockian a few months ago. It was in university, I was sitting in the lecture hall and the lecture hadn't started yet, so I decided to read a bit in my copy of The Hound of the Baskervilles. The girl next to be noticed that and asked me about it. We talked a bit about Sherlock Holmes and then she asked me if I knew the BBC series too. And then we spent almost the whole lecture talking about the show and the actors and which scenes made us cry the most and which dialog was the funniest, and it was just great. :D

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 22, 2013 1:02 pm  #108

Lily wrote:

I had always felt quite lonely with my obsession over Sherlock, so I was really excited when I found another Sherlockian a few months ago. It was in university, I was sitting in the lecture hall and the lecture hadn't started yet, so I decided to read a bit in my copy of The Hound of the Baskervilles. The girl next to be noticed that and asked me about it. We talked a bit about Sherlock Holmes and then she asked me if I knew the BBC series too. And then we spent almost the whole lecture talking about the show and the actors and which scenes made us cry the most and which dialog was the funniest, and it was just great. :D

That's great! Are you both keeping in touch now?

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 22, 2013 1:26 pm  #109

Mary Me wrote:

Lily wrote:

That's great! Are you both keeping in touch now?

Yes! I intodruced her to Cabin Pressure as well and we have some lectures together at university.
It's a shame that she lives to far away from where I live.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

July 8, 2013 8:01 pm  #110

I had the pleasure of running into a bunch of fellow Sherlock fans last night.

Neil Gaiman* was in town to read from his latest book and answer questions. He was completely charming and very funny -- and even mentioned Ben. He stayed to sign books for the full house for what I'm sure took hours. (I took a presigned one and left.)

Anyway, as you can imagine, in that crowd there were plenty of Sherlockians. I was wearing my red "I am SHERLOCKED" t-shirt and got lots of recs (recognitions) -- thumbs up, "love your shirt," etc. The best was a high-five from a girl wearing a different Sherlock t-shirt. It is so much fun to run into other fans.

*For those that don't know, Neil has written numerous books, including Neverwhere, which recently was made into a BBC radio series in which Ben appeared. He also wrote for Dr. Who.

July 10, 2013 6:01 pm  #111

I haven't actually randomly met other Sherlock fans yet, but one day I was walking into my university, feeling fed up and tired, and saw this:

[click to enlarge]

Definitely made my day, just knowing there was a fellow Sherlockian somewhere close by

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 10, 2013 6:05 pm  #112

SherlockianDE wrote:

I haven't actually randomly met other Sherlock fans yet, but one day I was walking into my university, feeling fed up and tired, and saw this:

[click to enlarge]

Definitely made my day, just knowing there was a fellow Sherlockian somewhere close by

You could leave some message on the paper like "you're not alone" - maybe you get the chance to meet him/her...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 10, 2013 6:29 pm  #113

tobeornot221b wrote:

You could leave some message on the paper like "you're not alone" - maybe you get the chance to meet him/her...

Or I could have added 'Moriarty was real'...
Unfortunately, I somehow didn't think of either - I just took the picture and left after my class was over. And now it's not there anymore, alas. But I'll keep my eyes open!

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 10, 2013 6:51 pm  #114

What about writing to the same position: "Found. Another Sherlockian. The pool. Midnight." ?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 10, 2013 7:01 pm  #115

That's an awesome suggestion although I have to check if that bulletin board's still there, they tend to get moved around a lot here...

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 12, 2013 3:43 pm  #116

I haven't told you yet that I found out that some of my school mates are Sherlockians. Not as obsessed as we are here but still very excited about the show.
Which is on the one hand very weird but on the other hand very cool of course.
Just thinking that the whole time I was putting up with people of which I was not aware that they also love Sherlock. BIG LOL 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 12, 2013 10:14 pm  #117

I haven't really met any other Sherlockians, just one :/ I hope to met more one day  

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

July 12, 2013 10:21 pm  #118

Finally, I found some Sherlockians by chance. A few weeks ago, I went to the birthday party of a 20 year old cousin, I was sitting with the old people and waiting for the time to pass when my "I believe in Sherlock" bag attracted the attention of a young couple, and we spent a nice half an hour discussing favorite quotes and épisodes and Fall theories.
Still, it only happened once after all these miles I walked wearing my coat or a Sherlock T-shirt or holding my bag. Maybe I should add a deerstalker!

July 20, 2013 4:39 am  #119

I went to the public library today, and I looked up the book Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes (I can't remember who it's by) but it said it wasn't available in that library. So I went to the front desk and asked the librarian to put a hold on it for me from another library, and a woman behind me said, "Oh, you like Sherlock Holmes? I do to, I have the entire series at home and have read them so many times!" And then I said, "Awesome! I've only watched one of the shows, but I'm starting on the books now!" and it was so awesome!  When we passed each other in the library later, we both smiled at each other!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

July 20, 2013 7:34 am  #120

Aw, new friend!

Board footera