BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2013 6:09 pm  #81

Re: Encountering Sherlockians Randomly

Oh, that is so not fair...!!!      
Just having so many little different ones like that.... not to mention the timing/luck/happenchance of it being brought up.... who knows... probably encountered various fellow fans of things, but with no physical sign or instigator like that...   ah, well.  Maybe I need to get a shirt or something too...    So cool.... can just imagine the second-take surprised delight at seeing someone with a matching shirt!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 23, 2013 6:27 pm  #82

Maybe I should move to Canada...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 25, 2013 11:26 am  #83

Ha! I just had a photographer at home and she wanted to take a pic of me in front of my laptop. So I switched it on and she saw my Sherlock and John wallpaper and was enthusiastic! So I showed her the calendar and the mousepad as well. She loved it all. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 25, 2013 11:44 am  #84

Is this going to be a homestory or just a new author's photo for your next book, Susi?
So good to know that there are people around who can get inspired by our Sherlock equipment.

Yesterday I bought three white wooden numbers and one white wooden letter. Of course the cashier kept a straight face...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 25, 2013 12:01 pm  #85

It's for an interview with Welt am Sonntag which will be in one of the next issues. 

Must have been very bad at deduction and observation, I suppose. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 7, 2013 8:57 pm  #86

Ok ok I must tell you, because today I've finally met someone who is addicted with Sherlock too!

It was at a friend's houseparty. I know the girl I'm gonna talk about now for five years because she is the friend of my best friend and has been in my old school class, before I've been changing schools. 
So we were chilling at the balcony talking about The Hobbit (as she is a big and obsessive LotR fan) and I mentioned that Martin Freeman is my favorite actor, because I find him lovely and that I already knew him before The Hobbit. She answered that she also knew him before from Sherlock.
So I asked her exictedly: "You know Sherlock???" - "Yeah, it's my favorite series!" - "Mine too!!!"
... and we were jumping and screaming and squeling with glee like primary school kids.
Needless to say we're gonna meet for a long Sherlock evening now.

Ah, I'm so lucky 

So no need for me to move to Canada

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 7, 2013 9:05 pm  #87

I'm so glad for you, Mary!
Have fun on your Sherlock girls night...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 9:17 pm  #88

tobeornot221b wrote:

I'm so glad for you, Mary!
Have fun on your Sherlock girls night...

Haha, thanks a lot!
I'll be sleeping well this night. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 8, 2013 7:15 am  #89

That's cool!   I myself have gotten my fifth friend now converted to Sherlock.  ;)  Not all of them as super into, but doesn't matter... it's cool they all got 'wow, this is great' with it, a couple of them having asked now and then when it's coming back...  ;)  ;)

Okay, so I have no idea where to put this next part, but encountering a cute/funny example of a sherlockian makes sense, so...
Found the pic on pinterest.. a quick search shows it's from various 'reader blurbs' in The Telegraph, and is, quite frankly, kind of ridiculously hilariously awesome, in a 'shaking your head at this guy and sharing a laugh' way.....  oi, seriously, man... what would Sherlock say!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 8, 2013 8:15 am  #90

That's priceless! Move over Anderson...

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 16, 2013 5:14 pm  #91

Just found a Sherlockian at our clay-forum when posting my Sherlock mini sculpture there. Maybe not really obsessed, yet, but she told me she'd have recognised my figure even without the photo I added. When I asked further, she told me she watched all episodes and found it brilliant.
At least one clever girl in my "second" forum. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 16, 2013 5:26 pm  #92

Maybe you can invite her over. 

February 16, 2013 8:32 pm  #93

Mattlocked wrote:

Just found a Sherlockian at our clay-forum when posting my Sherlock mini sculpture there. Maybe not really obsessed, yet, but she told me she'd have recognised my figure even without the photo I added. When I asked further, she told me she watched all episodes and found it brilliant.
At least one clever girl in my "second" forum.

If you posted a pic of the sculpture on this forum, I didn't see it. Please share.
Thanks!

February 16, 2013 10:29 pm  #94

Veecee, my pleasure.    It's in here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2701

February 17, 2013 12:52 am  #95

Mattlocked wrote:

Veecee, my pleasure. It's in here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2701

Thank you.
That's so cool.

February 17, 2013 9:51 am  #96

Thanks, veece!
I suggested that lady to watch Sherlock undubbed and she thanked me and will give it a try.
I told her she will enjoy it. I did NOT tell her it could be dangerous. Hehe! 

February 17, 2013 10:00 am  #97

Mattlocked wrote:

Thanks, veece!
I suggested that lady to watch Sherlock undubbed and she thanked me and will give it a try.
I told her she will enjoy it. I did NOT tell her it could be dangerous. Hehe!

Oh Mattlocked, you're turning normal humans into obsessive junkies, who don't care about decent  I expect to meet her in this forum soon. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 17, 2013 10:14 am  #98

I only try to make other peoples life better!

February 17, 2013 10:20 am  #99

You mean: Turn their lives upside down?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 17, 2013 10:25 am  #100

Hm... Adjust a bit, I would say.

Board footera