BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2012 12:03 pm  #61

Re: Encountering Sherlockians Randomly

With a deerstalker, he could be a Sherlockian, but a BBC Sherlockian?
Maybe one with a good sense of humor - he smiles every time he puts it on 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 1, 2012 12:10 pm  #62

As I haven't  got the chance to ask him I will never know.
Anyway, it made my day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 1, 2013 4:35 pm  #63

At the fitness center the other day, I was taking a little reading break. A young man (twenties?) asked where I had gotten my I AM SHERLOCKED shirt. I told him redbubble.com and we talked a bit about the show (as well as books in general and science fiction). He had just finished seeing Belgravia for the first time, so it was lucky good timing. I was a little envious that he still had his first viewing of Hounds and Fall to look forward to.

January 1, 2013 4:37 pm  #64

Lucky man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 1, 2013 4:38 pm  #65

Another convert then. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 4:40 pm  #66

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2013 11:26 pm  #67

No, I have (sadly) never encountered other Sherlokians but a question came up in my head:

If I were to meet somebody wearing a let's say SHERLOCKED T-shirt... how should I talk to this person?
Well I obviously would do it... But what is the best way to do it? Should I just walk up to them and say "Sherlock"? That's sort of boring, isn't it?

January 5, 2013 12:52 am  #68

Run over and hug them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 6, 2013 5:50 am  #69

Lelli wrote:

If I were to meet somebody wearing a let's say SHERLOCKED T-shirt... how should I talk to this person?
Well I obviously would do it... But what is the best way to do it? Should I just walk up to them and say "Sherlock"? That's sort of boring, isn't it?

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?

Why not stick with the traditional 'Vatican Cameo'..

January 6, 2013 5:52 am  #70

;)

January 6, 2013 8:35 am  #71

That WOULD be an ice-breaker.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 6, 2013 7:59 pm  #72

And then watch in amusement as their face promptly freezes, wondering if they should grin and happily quip back or greet a fellow fan, or worriedly duck...  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 14, 2013 4:41 pm  #73

It would be so funny if they suddenly dropped to the floor after that 

Anyway, I met a Sherlockian, in my own classroom! I'm studying to be an English teacher, and a while ago, this new guy joined our class.
He was very quiet - and he almost never showed up for anything, even the important, compulsary stuff - and only said something if he really had to.
Then one day, as I passed him on my way to my seat, he pointed at the 'Sherlock Holmes' pin on my shoulderbag. -"That's cool, where did you get that?"
I just blinked at first (was he talking?!) and then I said: -"I got it at 221B Baker Street in London, actually." *let's test this guy* -"Wow, really? That's awesome! When were you there?"
And that is the story of the quiet new guy that turned out to be a Sherlockian
He still doesn't show up for class often. Shame, turns out we've got something to talk about

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 15, 2013 4:36 am  #74

Admittedly, my first thought was 'huh... maybe he likes the Sherlock stuff because he relates to not fitting in with people, sounds a bit socially awkward'.  Or, maybe just plain old can't be bothered with that stuff.  ;P  But still cool... maybe get to ask what familiar with next time.  

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

January 15, 2013 10:02 am  #75

I think he mostly has a life outside of our school I think he plays professional soccer, or something  
But if I see him again I will question him further! Can't let a Sherlockian just slip away

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 15, 2013 5:06 pm  #76

Mell92 wrote:

I think he mostly has a life outside of our school I think he plays professional soccer, or something  
But if I see him again I will question him further! Can't let a Sherlockian just slip away

Huh.... well, ok, that might be an answer to my suggestion.  Except for the fact that, if he's taking the class for some reason, especially being an athlete (who are expected to keep up their grades to stay in their sport), wouldn't he be putting a -little- bit more effort into it?  ;P  Bah, I'm just speculating with banter... was simply amusing to think the barely-there Sherlock fan related to it because of not wanting to be a social participant, either.  Ha.  Wish I could say I had any similar stories!  (other than converting two friends and gotten two coworkers curious, having fun sharing it all over) 

January 15, 2013 5:47 pm  #77

Russell wrote:

Mell92 wrote:

Huh.... well, ok, that might be an answer to my suggestion. Except for the fact that, if he's taking the class for some reason, especially being an athlete (who are expected to keep up their grades to stay in their sport), wouldn't he be putting a -little- bit more effort into it? ;P Bah, I'm just speculating with banter... was simply amusing to think the barely-there Sherlock fan related to it because of not wanting to be a social participant, either. Ha. Wish I could say I had any similar stories! (other than converting two friends and gotten two coworkers curious, having fun sharing it all over)

Actually, we're in Higher Eduction, so he doesn't need to keep his grades up to play sports I think his parents want him to stay in school, so he'll have something else to do with his life if soccer doesn't work out.
It would be funny indeed if he was just like Sherlock - not interested in social behaviour But I think he's just going to school to get his parents to calm down. That's why he doesn't plan on making friends in our school: He'd rather be on the field and I don't really think he's planning to graduate this year I don't see him as a teacher anyway, he's too much like Sherlock for that, maybe *to the pupils* "What's it like in your funny little brains?!" Ha, that mental image is hilarious

January 23, 2013 12:50 pm  #78

I have met three Sherlockians! 

1. I was sitting in English class and the teacher said something about detectives. The boy infront of me muttered to himself "Sherlock Holmes, consulting detective." I just got so excited I blurted out "The only one in the world!". Needless to say, we are friends now.

2. I was stading at the bus stop, waiting, and a boy from my school was sitting next to me. My phone started ringing, Stayin Alive is my ringtone and the boy looked at me expectantly. I smiled at him and turned my phone off just as he said "Staying alive, its so boring isn't it?  Its just...staying." Then we got into a disscussion about Sherlock.

3. I was wearing a shirt that said "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" while walking down the street and I bumped into someone wearing a "Moriarty is real" shirt. That was pretty cool.

The boy from geography class and I posted some 'I believe in Sherlock' and 'Moriarty was real' flyers around the school. Most of them got taken down but I one saw one on the wall beside a teacher's desk. 

January 23, 2013 1:47 pm  #79

Finally, the solution of the riddle "Where are all the Sherlockians?" has been found: They all have gathered in Canada!
Not surprising that I haven't met a single one randomly over here...
You are really lucky!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 23, 2013 1:50 pm  #80

Aw that's not fair, I would so love to meet someone randomly! Well it's a bit cold right now, but when it's warmer I'll lurk around town in my Sherlocked shirt! (since no-one seems to recognize the coat)

Board footera