BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2012 12:07 pm  #21

Re: Disappointed

> Don't take it personally, please. <

edit: foreign-language-problems: grammar, orthography, wrong vocables, breaks

July 22, 2012 1:56 pm  #22

Sammy wrote:

Sherlock couldn't have possible landed on that truck.

It was possible and I suppose he did it.

Sammy wrote:

Why don't you think Molly and the homeless network helped?

Sherlock always has manipulated Molly and used her for his own purposes and I like the idea of not having stopped this. (Sorry for all the romantics in the audience). But anyway she helped. The homeless-network couldn't help, because their role is just give Sherlock informations, not stage such a performance. Besides there were only few hours for Sherlock to brief them and organize that whole complex act and I suppose he prefers a more simple plan. (Simple in his own point of view, of course.)

But particularly Sherlock is characterised as "Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." He doesn't trust any others.

Last edited by s.he (July 22, 2012 2:11 pm)

July 22, 2012 4:05 pm  #23

Sammy wrote:

Why don't you think Molly and the homeless network helped?

S.he wrote:

Sherlock always has manipulated Molly and used her for his own purposes and I like the idea of not having stopped this. (Sorry for all the romantics in the audience). But anyway she helped. The homeless-network couldn't help, because their role is just give Sherlock informations, not stage such a performance. Besides there were only few hours for Sherlock to brief them and organize that whole complex act and I suppose he prefers a more simple plan. (Simple in his own point of view, of course.)

But particularly Sherlock is characterised as "Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." He doesn't trust any others.

Hi S.he!
Not sure why you are here if you don't want to tell us your theory, but maybe we can poke you enough with all our little questions and nags that you will reveal it sooner or later...it can be hard to resist answering these threads, believe me!

About Molly, I'm not sure I get your point. The general consensus here is that Sherlock asked Molly for help because she was not one of the snipers' targets and because she works at the hospital, thus having access to the hospital and morgue and has medical knowledge. There is nothing romantic about that, no change from the usual way Sherlock sees Molly. Whether or not he realized during the scene at the lab that she was more capable or observing than he original had thought is debatable, but that he asked her to help is pretty much a given.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 22, 2012 4:22 pm  #24

I agree with you, S.he, that Sherlock doesn't ask Molly for help out of romantic feelings. Hypergreenfrog already mentioned the practical reasons for asking her. Nevertheless this situation is different than before and I don't believe in manipulation at this point. I think Molly has impressed him in some way or other by her loyalty in supporting his work and her courage in telling him things other people don't (about looking sad when John doesn't notice). Not to mention the Christmas scene when she's telling him off because he has deeply hurt her feelings. His reaction is a genuine apology, a thing we didn't see him do until this point. We all know that series 2 is also about Sherlock discovering and exploring his feelings and in this context it would be fitting to ask Molly for help but not in order to manipulate her.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 23, 2012 5:40 am  #25

s.he wrote:

Sammy wrote:

Sherlock couldn't have possible landed on that truck.

It was possible and I suppose he did it.

It really isn't possible. Not with the way Sherlock 'fell' from the roof, he didn't jump and he didn't take a running jump. The truck was too far out from the wall for him to have fallen into it without a running jump and even then he may not have made it. The truck would have to be ON the sidewalk for him to have landed in it.

Basic physics, really.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 23, 2012 7:28 am  #26

To avoid misunderstandings: I didn't say, Molly didn't help, in no case. Sherlock needed her help and he got this help. But (for me) it was not necessary, to tell her the truth and let her in on his survival-plan. Altough he is idealised to the "most human human being" ever in the end.

And of course, I noticed the physically impossible distance between the way he fell and the truck on the sidewalk too. So you say, he didn't land on this truck. My deduction was just another one.

July 23, 2012 9:05 pm  #27

So if you noticed the distance, why do you believe he landed on the truck?

July 23, 2012 9:52 pm  #28

So, why say you do not trust Molly then?
How do you think he got into the truck when he fell if you say the truck is too far away?
Lots of us have done lots of theories here so read back through them all and see if any of your ideas have already been said by someone else.
We cannot repeat all the theories that have been suggested. You need to go through them yourself. Then see if any are the same as the ones you have. Then see what other people may have said against or for them.

Trolling oder?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 8:21 am  #29

Before my first post I've read the big long theory-thread above and some other threads. I havn't found theories that nearly agrees with mine (but single pieces) and I havn't found arguments that disprove my theory in the end. But I don't wanna repeat them all too.

Davina wrote:

So, why say you do not trust Molly then?

Sherlocks thinking

So if you noticed the distance, why do you believe he landed on the truck?

How do you think he got into the truck when he fell if you say the truck is too far away?

Hey, come on. It's really obvious what I'm thinking about the truck-point. And to say it in the words by Jim Moriarty: "I did tell you, but did you listen?" 

Davina wrote:

Trolling oder?

lol... Not really. But may be you make me little bit feeling like a troll. 

July 24, 2012 8:47 am  #30

I thought the idea of this forum was to have open discussions about one's theories, opinions, preferences, etc. I simply don't understand the purpose of your posts as apparently you don't want to tell us what you're thinking. Just my opinion .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2012 8:56 am  #31

SusiGo wrote:

I thought the idea of this forum was to have open discussions about one's theories, opinions, preferences, etc. I simply don't understand the purpose of your posts as apparently you don't want to tell us what you're thinking. Just my opinion .

Your opinion and mine. I really don't understand why would you open a post like this and then don't share what you think. We all have done that...
It's really difficult to participate in a discussion when you don't know what you are discussing about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 24, 2012 9:40 am  #32

@ SusiGo, Irene Adler: Your opinion is absolutly ok for me.

@ All: But I don't wanna discuss, what right reasons to be in a forum are. But just an idea: I would enjoy, if you make a own thread/ post (not in this thread plaese) and tell a list of your „do“s and „don't“s about how Sherlock did it. But a condition rules: No single pieces of theories without a cohesion/ relation/ context to each other (at least in your mind). And behind the points should be there a more or less complete whole story from the beginning to its end. And then you can explain your points in a short way, in a long way, in no way, however you want. And we/ you can discuss that, too. It would gives a pretty overview of your theories. (Because I suppose you would agree, that the theory-pieces in this forum are a little bit disarranged yet.)

Addition: And if you are sure about your theory, please feel free to boast a little bit. 

Last edited by s.he (July 29, 2012 5:50 pm)

July 29, 2012 9:35 am  #33

I always look to the canon when thinking about the tv show. It's fun to throw ideas around. Fans do it with a lot of tv series, especially after such cliffhangers. What's great about this one is that this one actively engages the reader since the story progresses beyond the fall to show Sherlock alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

Board footera