BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 4:56 pm  #1

Disappointed

I've spent several times on the internet with reading a lot of theories about Sherlocks survival. But I'm disappointed and bored by all the stuff about masks and bodie swaps, rescue nets, homeless-network, faked passersby and nice Molly is in and so on. And I'm disappointed in ordinary Sherlockfans, who call that „excellent“ and „brillant“ (while giggling about Benedict Cumberbatch or dreaming of naked Lara Pulver). I don't agree with that. They miss all the important. I'm sure, the producers prefer a much more clever and elegant solution than that crude stuff. I really hope, at least their solution will be as clever as mine. But I'll not tell you all my results. Because perhaps one or the other want to think about it again, for themselves. And because there are one or two points I can't explain.

So take that:
I believe in truck, rubberball, Mycroft, recording, true weeping, fortune and some important facts beyond that.
And don't trust the homeless-network, Molly, Dr Who and rhododendron ponticum.

Anyone agrees?

Last edited by s.he (July 29, 2012 12:07 pm)

> Don't take it personally, please. <

edit: foreign-language-problems: grammar, orthography, wrong vocables, breaks

July 21, 2012 5:13 pm  #2

Re: Disappointed

How can I know if I agree when you don't explain what you think?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 21, 2012 5:17 pm  #3

Fortune? Sherlock doesn't believe in fortune.
Recording? what for?
Rubberball? Where was that on the way down?

We have many theories posted in these pages. Some parts will be right & some wrong. As for clever? that will be seen eventually.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 5:29 pm  #4

Mattlocked wrote:

How can I know if I agree when you don't explain what you think?

s.he wrote:

I believe in truck, rubberball, Mycroft, recording, true weeping, fortune and some important facts beyond that.
And don't trust the homeless-network, Molly, Dr Who and rhododendron ponticum.

July 21, 2012 5:35 pm  #5

lol
I very much doubt you have anything spectacularly revealing in your theory, but if you won't post it then there's not much reason to debate it .

O hh and if 'truck' means you think he landed in the truck, you are wayyy off. Sorry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 5:46 pm  #6

July 21, 2012 6:54 pm  #7

Sorry for not telling the whole theory, but I don't wanna spoil. There's a lot of time left to figure it out. And i'm interessed in theories matching with mine, but the theories here (and there) are pretty far away.

kazza474 wrote:

I very much doubt you have anything spectacularly revealing in your theory,

Doubts are allowed, but they're no certainty. ;)

kazza474 wrote:

O hh and if 'truck' means you think he landed in the truck, you are wayyy off. Sorry.

No reason for sorry. Yes, I think so. Because there is no reason for not using the truck for landing.

kazza474 wrote:

Fortune? Sherlock doesn't believe in fortune.

You're right. He always believes in his mastermind. But if he made a mistake? (Oh, I know you will answer, Sherlock NEVER will make a mistake ;) )

kazza474 wrote:

Recording? what for?
Rubberball? Where was that on the way down?

No ideas? Or just no belief? I read some ideas about these things in this forum, too.

July 21, 2012 7:05 pm  #8

Hm... and you think the "simple" landing on the truck is more clever and elegant than all the theories from others? 

July 21, 2012 7:06 pm  #9

I wouldn't worry about spoiling anything. We have had lots and lots of theories posted here. None of us will know which, if any, are correct until the devilish writers reveal all in Series 3. So I would just go ahead and have a go at explaining what you mean in more detail. If you are having trouble with explaining it in English then post it in German and then have a go at writing the same in English.

Remember the writers are 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 7:19 pm  #10

Mattlocked wrote:

Hm... and you think the "simple" landing on the truck is more clever and elegant than all the theories from others? 

Because there are no clues to (right preposition?) anything else, on which he also could be landed. So for me it's the most probable theory. And don't forget: trucks are able to move. (if there's a driver in)

Last edited by s.he (July 21, 2012 7:23 pm)

July 21, 2012 7:29 pm  #11

I understand that. I also know that trucks can move.
I'M just referring to your first post that all theories so far are so boring and you have a much more clever one.
Landing on a truck and being carried away doesn't sound that interesting to me, though.
Except you have more on your mind, which I assume, but what you don't want / dare to share with us...

July 21, 2012 8:35 pm  #12

The truck was too far away fir the trajectory of his fall. The pavement outside St Barts is VERY WIDE. I've been there in person and he would have had to take a running jump if he was going to land in the truck. Also, the truck was one of the first theories that was posted on the internet, it was glaringly obvious, therefore a red herring ( a red herring is something the writers put in to throw people off the scent, commonly used in detective shows, especially in Sherlock Holmes ones! )

The rubber ball is unnecessary and awkward for him to hide. Again, another red herring and far too obvious as he was seen playing with it earlier, just a set up to throw people off. He didn't actually need to stop his pulse seeing as John was disorientated, concussed and already believed him to be dead anyway (as a doctor he would know the rates of survival from a fall that height would be pretty low), and also the fact that he held Sherlock's wrist for a few brief seconds before being pulled away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 21, 2012 8:47 pm  #13

It's a long story (altought I think it's a simple and nice one) and my impression of this forum is, that here are people who have fun with cognitating about the problem, doing deductions and figuring out the solution. If I'm wrong, please ignore this thread. It's no fun for me to write down the whole story, sorry. Or take it as a riddle or a game, and my „clues“ are (not all) above. It would give me pleasure, if some one would agree with my points. Or if some one gives me points which fit to mine. (If there's no one, it doesn't matter.) I agree, truck and rubberball are boring points of my theory. Have you had a look on my "don't"s? (And no, I don't mean the rhododendron ponticum.)

And may be, I will be wrong like you. But like you, I'm waiting and very looking forward to series 3, because it's a great series with great stories and great actors.

Last edited by s.he (July 22, 2012 9:51 am)

July 21, 2012 9:41 pm  #14

And at all, how many posts will I need to dispose that stigmatizing stupid "Wrong!" on my side?

July 21, 2012 10:48 pm  #15

s.he--Well  I  still don't  understand what your theories are. I for one would love to hear them.  Here on this forum everyone is entitled to their own opinions;  If you have  opinions on how  something was or wasn't  done,  post it.  You're right,  we DO  have fun  discussing  the sherlock issues with one another,  but we don't make a habit of  putting anyone down because of what they say here. OK? We try our best to be as respectful as we can.   

As for the post count thing--  if you post 15 times you'll  get rid of the WRONG  title.  Next up  is THE HOMELESS NETWORK--after that is THE GAME IS ON,  and so  on.   

I  do  hope you'll have a good time while you're here.   call me Skitty.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 21, 2012 10:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 22, 2012 1:26 am  #16

s.he wrote:

And at all, how many posts will I need to dispose that stigmatizing stupid "Wrong!" on my side?

Look dude I am the blunt one here so here it is.
If you think you are so clever and our theories are so wrong, in the words of JM "good luck with that".
If you believe the status you have here (wrong) is somehow "stigmatizing stupid" then maybe our humour is not at a level you understand yet.

Frankly, I am not interesting in your theories. I can blow wide holes through what you have posted already, but as I said, I am not interested in people with your modus operandi. We have pages & pages of theories here, none can be claimed as "right" or "wrong", many could be improbable.
People call me rude, at least I am open about it. You however, reveal very little yet claim some superiority? There's a page on tumblr you should follow, The Final Problem. They have an ego the size of yours, go follow them. The collision would be explosive.

I won't be back to this thread. I don't believe you are here for the right reasons. You have Moriarty tendencies, and don't take that as any kind of compliment.

Just My Honest Opinion.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 22, 2012 1:59 am  #17

Guys, calm down :D Harmony!

Actually I don't think that you can possibly have any theories that haven't at least been mentioned here. 
But please, go on and tell us a bit about them if you think that they are especially discussible!
That's what we're here for.

Yes, there are some theories out there I can't believe some people still hold on to. But I don't see how that's "disappointing". Hm.

So... regarding what I get from what you're trying to tell us about your theories, here my thoughts:
Sherlock couldn't have possible landed on that truck. He might have used that rubber ball to stop his pulse. I don't think Sherlock recorded the rooftop scene on his phone.
Yes, I do believe his tears were real. Well... all those have been discussed here before, though.
Fortune? What do you mean by that?
And yes, Doctor Who and rhododendron ponticum are obviously ridiculous.
Why don't you think Molly and the homeless network helped? I'm actually pretty certain about that. Interested in your thoughts on that ones!

July 22, 2012 8:44 am  #18

Just about the member titles: I laughed when I read that I was "wrong". A nice allusion to Sherlock, no offense taken. A bit of humour sometimes comes in quite handy.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2012 11:30 am  #19

The "Wrong!"-thing wasn't a serious point of me. I laughted too, when I noticed it. It's really hard/ difficult to be ironical in a forum. Sorry again.

Last edited by s.he (July 22, 2012 11:31 am)

July 22, 2012 11:54 am  #20

s.he wrote:

The "Wrong!"-thing wasn't a serious point of me. I laughted too, when I noticed it. It's really hard/ difficult to be ironical in a forum. Sorry again.

Recently I read in the introduction-thread that some people here don't use smileys (by conviction ?) and I understand and like that.
But I agree with you, it's difficult in a forum, when you don't face to each other, to express perfectly how you mean something. Serious? Kidding?
So in my opinion in a forum, chat or text: A smiley can help! 

Board footera