BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2012 10:29 am  #121

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

Oh, that's a very nice photo. And I read about the girl having collected a lot of money for building a school kitchen in Africa. Well done. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 12:12 pm  #122

Oh yes I saw her in The One Show when Jamie Oliver was there. I think it started when she blogged about her horrible school food and someone commented that she should be lucky she has school food at all.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 21, 2012 12:29 pm  #123

That's her blog. She collects money for Mary's Meals organisation.

http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk/

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 1:18 pm  #124

She didn't actually blog about her horrible school food. She wrote a daily blog/report on her school meals. Then the local education office kicked up a fuss about it and tried to have her blog taken down. There was then a massive outcry about it and the education office did a rapid about-face. At the start it was just a little girl's blog but once it grew the decision was made for the funds it made to go to Mary's Meals. Hate parent's and the little girl in question are, and always were, very aware of the need for decent food for schoolchildren in other parts of the world too. The link with Jamie Oliver is that he launched a big campaign some years back to try to improve the quality of the meals available in British schools.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2012 5:14 pm  #125

SO sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2012 5:26 pm  #126

She seems like a sweet kid and hopefully good things have come out of her blog. Meeting Sherlock certainly doesn't hurt.  Hopefully, this is a small step to her growing into a smart and conscientious adult.

Last edited by harleyq (November 21, 2012 5:31 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 22, 2012 7:07 am  #127

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 23, 2012 6:49 pm  #128

November 24, 2012 10:32 am  #129

Jesus fricken heck the guy never STOPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 24, 2012 10:37 am  #130

I hope he'll get some rest before they start shooting series 3. Or maybe he has to lose some weight and therefore puts himself through such a tight schedule. 

November 24, 2012 11:04 am  #131

I'm certain his weight is absolutely fine.
I do, however, suspect he'll work right up to Xmas.  I strongly suspect he's a workaholic.
On the gossip front: there was some fan speculation that the lady pictured is the one he was spotted with in that street pic.  But I'm not convinced.

November 24, 2012 11:49 am  #132

Oh, come on, it was just a joke because his Sherlock's slimmer than some of other characters he's played. 
And the blonde lady from the readthrough is actress Romola Garai with whom he's worked on "Amazing Grace". 

November 24, 2012 11:59 am  #133

Thank You.

November 26, 2012 4:13 pm  #134

Benedict Cumberbatch and Christopher Lee at read-throug for radio adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

November 26, 2012 5:50 pm  #135

That is so cool!!. I had no idea they were adapting Neverwhere for radio, I'm so excited and can't wait to hear it!!! Having Benedict in it is just a dream come true and Christopher Lee is the icing on the cake. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 26, 2012 6:28 pm  #136

Wow, that's really cool. That guy is 90!

Btw. does Mr Cumberbatch already have his hair darker?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 26, 2012 6:31 pm  #137

Very short, anyhow.

November 26, 2012 6:34 pm  #138

Well, it could be the styling as well. But I'm very excited what Sherlock's hair will look like in series 3.

November 26, 2012 6:47 pm  #139

SusiGo wrote:

And the blonde lady from the readthrough is actress Romola Garai with whom he's worked on "Amazing Grace". 

She also plays Celia in (Sir) Kenneth Branagh's version of As You Like It and she acts Emma. She's actually one of my favourite actresses, come to think of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 26, 2012 9:31 pm  #140

horserider99 wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

She also plays Celia in (Sir) Kenneth Branagh's version of As You Like It and she acts Emma. She's actually one of my favourite actresses, come to think of it.

I don't really remember her from Amazing Grace, but she's on The Hour, which is a fantastic show. Series 2 starts this Wednesday and I'm so excited about it. Have to fill the many long months, and apparently they're getting longer now, until Sherlock with other great BBC shows.

Board footera