BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2016 2:12 pm  #981

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Would someone please tell me what the BLD is and why it's so awful?

It's the most shitty and probably the best-known paper in Germany. You can compare it to Daily Fail or The Sun in the UK. Tasteless and tendentious 'journalism'. 

That explains it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 29, 2016 3:49 pm  #982

Ivy wrote:

Benedict visited the BILD "newspaper"!  He obviously isn't aware what BILD is or stands for. He just as well could have gone to The Sun or another of those shitty "newspapers".
What kind of weird things must one do while promoting a film!

I don't want to post a BILD link, so here's my source: http://rox712.tumblr.com/post/152391342311/benedict-cumberbatch-silences-bild-he-taught-the

This is a German newspaper?  What is it, some kind of radical in your face thing?  Just curious. I presume BC thinks it's harmless, otherwise he wouldn't have so willingly posed under their logo like that.  ??

October 29, 2016 3:55 pm  #983

He visited their office too and did a lot of stuff there...

But yeah, this is a pretty nasty newspaper. Having been a Michael Jackson fan a big part of my life I can't forgive them so easily. 

But at least Ben looks nice... I just wonder what kind of malicious lies they could spin from anything he said or didn't say. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 29, 2016 4:14 pm  #984

ancientsgate wrote:

This is a German newspaper?  What is it, some kind of radical in your face thing?  Just curious. I presume BC thinks it's harmless, otherwise he wouldn't have so willingly posed under their logo like that.  ??

Do you know "The Sun" and "Daily Mail"? That kind of stuff, I don't know the US equivalents?

I'm not blaming BC, it was a bit ill-advised, I mean he didn't arrange it personally or asked to come. There are people for that.

That newspaper or better what they stand for is so very unlike him (his mindset/attitute) That's just my opinion. It happened, no harm done. Let's forget it.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 2, 2016 9:24 am  #985

Benedict in New York:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 2, 2016 10:01 am  #986

He's looking so fresh and handsome, isn't he! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 2, 2016 10:06 am  #987

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

He's looking so fresh and handsome, isn't he! 

He sure is.  That pic of him and Michael Strahan is drop dead gorgeous. I saw his short interview on LIVE with Kelly on Tuesday AM, he looked good. He must get so sick of answering the same questions over and over again, kudos to him for his patience and good nature.

November 3, 2016 2:35 pm  #988

Benedict on Saturday Night Live - first pics:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 3, 2016 2:36 pm  #989

And Benedict in New York Dr. Strange afterparty:

November 3, 2016 2:44 pm  #990

nakahara wrote:

Benedict on Saturday Night Live - first pics:

That pic has... atmosphere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 3, 2016 2:48 pm  #991

I can't stop staring. I mean... wow. He looks so handsome and stylish! 

(I still can't believe that man made me adore suits... suits!) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2016 2:52 pm  #992

November 3, 2016 2:59 pm  #993

That clip is amazing! They apparently made a more SFW version for TV though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2016 6:55 pm  #994

Will definitely watch that online at my usual source.
I'm not sure yt will have the whole episode online, but you'll never know it's BC not just someone .

----------

November 4, 2016 3:37 am  #995

Daaang....!  (and firm agreements he looks so fresh/youngish and good!)    *thuds*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 4, 2016 6:52 pm  #996

nakahara wrote:

Does anyone know where we can watch his SNL appearance online?  I missed it.  I saw this bit on you tube, and while he did say oh feck, the F-word was bleeped out, which of course is stupid, since you can read his lips.  No one is allowed to say the F word on American TV except on premium cable channels like HBO, etc.

November 4, 2016 7:13 pm  #997

You haven't missed it. It's tomorrow night.

Clueing for looks.

November 4, 2016 8:27 pm  #998

He gets bleeped on Jimmy Fallon too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 11:06 pm  #999

Yitzock wrote:

You haven't missed it. It's tomorrow night.

Oh, duh.  LOL  I'd lose my head if it weren't screwed on.  Thanks!

November 6, 2016 5:32 pm  #1000

That dance is one of my favourite BC related things ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPcyBUxzK0

Last edited by Ivy (November 6, 2016 5:38 pm)

----------

Board footera