BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2013 4:45 pm  #561

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

About time.
Lord I hope he behaves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 19, 2013 4:46 pm  #562

You and I are on the same wavelength, Davina!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 19, 2013 4:58 pm  #563

I'm going to start a thread for this in the Non-Sherlock section. Glad someone else found him as cringeworthy as I did. My daughter found it funny, but that is 18 year olds for you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2013 5:03 pm  #564

Oh I only heard about the interview you mentioned.
But I've cringed at Benedict in these chat things, on more than one occasion.

April 19, 2013 5:05 pm  #565

Oh believe me, he would have to go a long, long, long way over the top to come anywhere near the spectacle that Mark made of himself!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2013 5:54 pm  #566

Do I get this right - you are afraid Ben might not behave in an interview?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 19, 2013 6:33 pm  #567

I find him usually quite charming and funny in his interviews. And it's only human when someone puts his foot in his mouth now and then. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 19, 2013 6:52 pm  #568

So is Paul over here?  Or has Benedict shot off to the States?

April 19, 2013 6:58 pm  #569

Sorry, which Paul do you mean? McGuigan? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 19, 2013 7:08 pm  #570

Yeah.  How many Pauls are there?!

April 19, 2013 7:18 pm  #571

I actually don't know how many. And what has Paul to do with the show we talked about?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 19, 2013 7:21 pm  #572

Posted on the wrong thread again...how awake am I?

April 19, 2013 7:58 pm  #573

besleybean wrote:

About time.
Lord I hope he behaves.

Mmmm, I kind of hope he doesn't.

April 19, 2013 8:00 pm  #574

Davina wrote:

Oh believe me, he would have to go a long, long, long way over the top to come anywhere near the spectacle that Mark made of himself!

OMG. What did Mark do? He's an old tough guy from the Boston streets from way back. Even though he and Danny are Big Stars (capitals intended) now, I think they're still kids from the 'hood at heart.

April 19, 2013 8:02 pm  #575

SusiGo wrote:

I find him usually quite charming and funny in his interviews. And it's only human when someone puts his foot in his mouth now and then. 

Don't be naive, girls. It's also good publicity. Free publicity.

April 20, 2013 2:01 pm  #576

You can see Mark's two stints on Graham's show on YouTube. I can give you the links if you want. The most recent was the worst (in my opinion) I saw it live (cringe).  He was definitely under the influence of the good stuff available in the Green Room before hand (at least I am assuming that was the reason). To say he hogged the limelight would be something of an understatement. Thank goodness the other guests (Sarah Silverman and especially my favourite, Michael Fassbender ) kept their cool and also had not over-indulged on the alcohol. Even Graham got really flustered as he lost control of the show.

April 20, 2013 2:06 pm  #577

Feck, I thought you meant Gatiss, for a moment!

April 20, 2013 6:26 pm  #578

Davina wrote:

You can see Mark's two stints on Graham's show on YouTube. I can give you the links if you want. The most recent was the worst (in my opinion) I saw it live (cringe). He was definitely under the influence of the good stuff available in the Green Room before hand (at least I am assuming that was the reason). To say he hogged the limelight would be something of an understatement. Thank goodness the other guests (Sarah Silverman and especially my favourite, Michael Fassbender ) kept their cool and also had not over-indulged on the alcohol. Even Graham got really flustered as he lost control of the show. grin)

I actually found it on you tube and watched most of it. Yes, I agree, Mark [Wahlberg] was probably not feeling  much pain. But mostly he just seemed really, really bored to me. It's funny, I don't know anything about Graham what's-his-name, but he didn't seem to be able to control his guests at all-- he just sat there when Mark crawled into his lap and stuck his hand under his coat, etc. And Silverstein what's-her-name wasn't much better, teasing the two men on both sides of her, cuddling up to them and breathing in their ears. (I thought to myself, what is this, junior high?)  I was surprised by the wine on the set (unheard of in American TV, whatever goes on back in the green room, it's never out front) and also the terrible, terrible, loud, jarring canned laughter all throughout. All in all, yes, totally cringe-worthy.

Whatever BC does or doesn't do when he does that show, I can feel pretty sure he won't sit in Graham's lap and start feeling him up.  Ugh. I know I said I hoped a little that he did act up, but I take it back!

Last edited by ancientsgate (April 20, 2013 6:29 pm)

April 20, 2013 6:42 pm  #579

It is in front of a live audience- maybe they have a tipple as well. I thought Sarah Silverman was just as you described, also a bit embarrasing. I also thought it was interesting how Michael sat with a big gap between himself and the other two. Body language says it all really. It shows, perhaps, how the Irish/Germans can handle their drink better.

April 22, 2013 6:01 am  #580

Davina wrote:

Now you gotta share, please - what interview of Gatiss' are you refering to?

Board footera