BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2013 7:14 pm  #361

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

Here's a link to a German newspaper article about filming "The Fifth Estate" in Berlin. The ruin shown in the pic is a former department store and cultural centre. It says they also film in the conference centre, at Berlin Cathedral and Reichstag (parliament).

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/filmdreh-in-kaufhausruine-tanz-im-tacheles/7690948.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2013 7:35 pm  #362

More chances for Ivy then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 26, 2013 7:41 pm  #363

I hope she's been reading this. I know all the places where they're filming. Wish I was there. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2013 8:07 pm  #364

Go, SusiGo!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 26, 2013 8:32 pm  #365

I'd love to. But it's nearly 600 km. Ice and snow. Half-renovated flat. I fear my husband wouldn't understand if I went. 

January 26, 2013 10:17 pm  #366

When I wanted to go there yesterday, he said: I want the divorce. My wife is in love with a British actor.

I reminded him of the looong ways he takes to see music bands he likes.

He calmed down. ;-)

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 26, 2013 10:17 pm)

January 26, 2013 10:20 pm  #367

Mattlocked wrote:

When I wanted to go there yesterday, he said: I want the divorce. My wife is in love with a British actor.

I reminded him of the looong ways he takes to see music bands he likes.

He calmed down. ;-)

Oh, he's a clever guy. But I'm glad you managed to calm him down. Benedict would be very sad to hear he destroyed your marriage. 

January 26, 2013 10:36 pm  #368

He wasn't seriously upset, so it was easy. ;-)
He knows me by now - remembering the 2-meter Snape cardboard poster we had to carry home somehow because I bought it at the cinema.
Or all the Alan Rickman movies he had to watch with me - followed by Ben now. ;-)

January 26, 2013 10:40 pm  #369

I see, another long-suffering husband. My husband's very patient, too, but then I try not to talk about this all the time. And he watches every Star Trek film so this shouldn't be a problem. And he loves Tolkien, so he's fine with The Hobbit as well. And he likes Sherlock (not quite as much as me but it's fine). 

January 26, 2013 10:49 pm  #370

SusiGo wrote:

I see, another long-suffering husband. My husband's very patient, too, but then I try not to talk about this all the time. And he watches every Star Trek film so this shouldn't be a problem. And he loves Tolkien, so he's fine with The Hobbit as well. And he likes Sherlock (not quite as much as me but it's fine). 

Nothing to add.

Well, yes: I have to live with his deep love to all his electric guitars. And I'm asked from time to time to confirm how beautiful they are. *rolls eyes*

January 26, 2013 10:50 pm  #371

Oh, you should do this for him. I'm sure his eyes are - nearly - as beautiful as Benedict's. 

January 26, 2013 11:12 pm  #372

Wait, I'll have another look. ;-)

January 27, 2013 7:41 pm  #373

Well that's just great! I wasn't in Berlin from Friday afternoon until noon today. Is he still here? In the afternoon I was in a British restaurant in Kreuzberg, but no Mr Cumberbatch.   

Last edited by Ivy (January 27, 2013 7:44 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 27, 2013 8:31 pm  #374

Maybe he wanted to try something else than British. Kreuzberg - what about Turkish cuisine? 

Ivy, what's the name of the British restaurant? I'd like to try it next time. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 27, 2013 8:31 pm)

January 27, 2013 8:33 pm  #375

understanding husband is essential. but rather don´t speak with him about Ben too much 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 27, 2013 8:56 pm  #376

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

understanding husband is essential. but rather don´t speak with him about Ben too much 

No kidding! :-P

January 27, 2013 9:00 pm  #377

not kidding, Matt. just my own experience 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 27, 2013 9:29 pm  #378

SusiGo wrote:

Maybe he wanted to try something else than British. Kreuzberg - what about Turkish cuisine? 

Ivy, what's the name of the British restaurant? I'd like to try it next time. 

It is called East London (who would have thought ) It's lovely, tasty food, very friendly service. I like the interior (even the toilets )

http://eastlondon.de

It's on Mehringdamm, right next to the underground exit (U6), across the street from Curry 36 (best Currywurst in the west part of Berlin, with reasonable prices)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 27, 2013 9:40 pm  #379

Ivy wrote:

It is called East London (who would have thought  ) It's lovely, tasty food, very friendly service. I like the interior (even the toilets )  http://eastlondon.de  

I checked out their website, fully expecting everything to be in German, but delighted to see everything, including the menus, were written in BritEnglish, so I could read it. Food looks good. That Sunday roast thing sounds intriguing. Not sure what loud and silent water is (on the non-alcoholic beverage menu). Lots of drinks I'd never heard of, but I at least knew what the food choices all were, at least I think so. Is the place owned by Brits?

Do you know of any American-style restaurants in Berlin? Not McDonald's, I don't mean that, but real sit-down restaurants? I'd be real curious to see what they serve.

January 27, 2013 9:50 pm  #380

I once was in a german American Diner, not in Berlin. Homemade Hamburgers, Pancakes, Nachos, Spare Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Onion Rings and more.
Quite nice.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera