BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2012 9:19 pm  #101

Re: Olympics

A bit late, but ....anyway....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 27, 2012 2:57 pm  #102

I love John. He's a hoot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 3:09 am  #103

Davina wrote:

Channel 4 is broadcasting the Paralympics here in the UK. I don't know what coverage you will be getting in your country but I shall be watching. They are Superhuman!

They are brilliant aren't they? Amazing what can be achieved when you look past the stumbling blocks.

Something that saddens me quite a lot however is that not all countries support these athletes financially in anyway.
Look at the 'regular' Olympics, dominated by China & USA, the rest of us somewhere behind them lol.
But come to the paralympics and USA Government do NOT fund these people in anyway at all.
Why not? Billions are spent on able bodied athletes, what makes them more worthy of funding? In many ways I think it should be the other way around.
This may be happening in other countries, but the mighty USA with all their fanfare is the one who stands out the most. They have very few medals at these games a sign pf the lack of support they give I guess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 3, 2012 6:23 am  #104

Yes it does all seem a but strange the lack of funding. Hopefully they will see the light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera