BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2012 8:51 pm  #61

Re: Olympics

Soooo proud of our British Men Gymnasts. Bronze medal from the first time they've been in a final since 1924 and one trains just up the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 31, 2012 5:31 pm  #62

Now our equestrian 3 day eventing team has won silver! Well done also to the German team who won gold and the New Zealand team who won Bronze.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 31, 2012 6:39 pm  #63

Apparently the USA volleyball team have players called Holmes and Anderson on the squad!

August 5, 2012 7:31 pm  #64

OOOHH!!!   I  like those names.   so--what's the update on the equestrian events?  No,  I  haven't checked my home page yet.   Are those events done?   I  did see that my tv line up had a few more events scheduled for monday or tuesday.   I  did watch some of the gymnastic events  while in Vegas....ohhhhh  those men  USA  did so good!!  The british ones were good too!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 5, 2012 8:04 pm  #65

Congrats to the German heptathlon Silver Medal winner. What an agonising time for her when she was wrongly disqualified. I'm very impressed by the Brits, sixteen gold medals so far 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2012 9:09 pm  #66

And I love 80,000 people singing "God save the Queen" - gives me goose bumps!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 6, 2012 6:06 am  #67

Equestrian update for Skitty.....

The team jumping first round was yesterday. At the end of the first round the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (you could have got really good odds before the event on this) are in top spot with only 1 penalty point. In joint 2nd are the teams from Great Britain, Sweden, The Netherlands and Switzerland all with 4 penalty points. Canada is in the following spot with 5 penalty points but they are down to 3 riders/horses because one got disqualified as the horse had hypersensitivity in front left leg (nothing illegal just a nick on coronet band but deemed unfit to compete). Ian Millar of Canada was awesome clear round at the age of 65 in his 10th Olympics!

Second and final round of the team jumping is today and it's all up for grabs!

August 6, 2012 1:50 pm  #68

Pleased to announce Australia has DOUBLED it's Gold Medal tally today!!!!!

We have 2 now ....

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 6, 2012 4:22 pm  #69

tobeornot221b wrote:

And I love 80,000 people singing "God save the Queen" - gives me goose bumps!

Oh, yes, that's very moving 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2012 8:57 pm  #70

Wow! British team showjumpers won a gold today. The first time for a showjumping gold for 60 years. Netherlands got silver and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia got bronze.

Well done to Nick Skelton, Ben Maher, Scott Brash and Peter Charles. Especially Nick who has broken his neck in the past and has a hip replacement and Peter who has also broken his neck in the past.

Last edited by Davina (August 9, 2012 2:11 pm)

August 7, 2012 3:08 am  #71

thank you for the updates on my horsey events!!   I  am going  to go bug my Tv set  to tape these events.   Byeeee!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 9, 2012 2:16 pm  #72

Great Britain also won the Gold medal in the team dressage on Tuesday. Today (Thursday) is the individual dressage. Yesterday the Individual showjumping final was won by a Swiss rider. Disappointing for us but well done to him as the only one to jump two clear rounds. The jumps were HUGE and the water jump had a lot of 'visitors'. Well done to Bob Ellis the course designer and the wonderful team that did the artwork and sculpture for the jumps which were fantastic.

August 9, 2012 5:26 pm  #73

The German hockey men's team beat world champion Australia 4-2 and will go for gold tomorrow  . Sorry, friends from down under, but this is just great.

August 10, 2012 12:15 am  #74

women's USA soccer won gold over Japan.   well done,  to both teams!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 10, 2012 6:55 am  #75

I am SO loving the Google home page graphics this week with all the Olympic events!   especially
the interactive ones!

August 10, 2012 4:40 pm  #76

Hmm.

I am a big advocate of embracing as many sports as possible & believe all have merit in some form or other.

However when it comes to officiating, some methods make my mind boggle.

I refer to the wrestling; odd sport but no doubt has merits; the officiating is rather "up close & personal" isn't it?

I love Reffing & Umpiring many different sports. Might give this one a miss I think.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 10, 2012 6:43 pm  #77

OOOHHH@@@  that is disgusting that he did that. I wouldn't do that even with a Sherlock poke!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 8:33 am  #78

Apparently, each medal that the Aussie team won has cost taxpayers $10million. If someone gave me $10 mill, I could win a medal too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 11, 2012 6:04 pm  #79

HOW  can medals cost the taxpayers money?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 12, 2012 6:23 am  #80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera