BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2012 10:04 pm  #1

Cabin Pressure Poll- main course selection

Having had boundless success with the last poll I now have the, slightly dubious, pleasure of shoving this one in your general direction. You can't say you aren't spoilt for choice! Oh! Does that mean you are spoilt for choice? I don't know...I think I've just confused myself. Anyway, here goes...I'm on my way with the trolley...

Welcome aboard your flight today with MJN Air. What would you care to partake for your meal today Sir/Madam?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 20, 2012 10:30 pm  #2

Re: Cabin Pressure Poll- main course selection

BRILLIANT!
But hey, what about the Fisherman's Pie? 
Can't decide. Maybe Surprising Rice and for dessert the Soggy Brown Thing (hello again to the birthday-cake!??)....
I think I'll have the Admiral's Pie. I like my meal well-done and I'm not a fussy eater.

Although... I still love and never will forget - the "inner strudel-fight":

DOUGLAS: Well, you can take strudel if you like.
MARTIN: Yes, I’ll take strudel.
DOUGLAS: Fine.
MARTIN: No, hang on, this is how you diddled me with the female Air Traffic Controllers.
ARTHUR: Crikey!
MARTIN: You made me pick the bad bet. You want me to pick strudel. I want cheesecake.
DOUGLAS: Fine. It’s yours.
MARTIN: Hang on! That was too easy! You knew I’d work that out! I want strudel.
DOUGLAS: Are you sure?
MARTIN: Yes. No! Yes! So therefore ... no. No. Yes! Strudel?
DOUGLAS: Strudel? All right, then, you’re on.
MARTIN: Oh God! I’ve ended up with strudel! No-one likes strudel!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 21, 2012 7:21 am  #3

Oh, this seems to be neck and neck. Last time I supported Martin, but now I have to go for the surprising rice. I love surprises.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2012 11:14 am  #4

Mattlocked vote for your dessert on the previous poll. Just look a bit further down the list in this topic. Unless you voted last time, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 11:17 am  #5

Grey and brown don't seem to be very popular. I would have gone for Orange Platter but I don't really like baked beans very much.

July 21, 2012 11:53 am  #6

I think I'd go with the Surprising Rice. I'm sure Arthur's creativity would be... brilliant

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 21, 2012 12:04 pm  #7

Are you sure you haven't just confused brilliant with dangerous?

July 21, 2012 2:21 pm  #8

Davina wrote:

Are you sure you haven't just confused brilliant with dangerous?

It is possible... you know I'm not a native speaker

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 22, 2012 9:11 pm  #9

Bump! Any more selections from our passengers today?

August 1, 2012 5:05 pm  #10

Bump! Bump!

Please take notice that the Captain has at this time lit the fasten your seat belts sign. This is due to turbulence.

Bump! Bump!

Please do refrain from getting up from your seat at this time.

Bump! Bump!

When the seat belt sign has been extinguished by the Captain you will be able to use the toilet facilities which are at the pointy end of the aircraft but until he does indeed switch off the fasten your seatbelt signs then please do refrain from doing so.

Bump! Bump!

Would any passengers like to vote for what they would like for their main course while we are in fact waiting for the Captain to switch off the fasten your seatbelt signs? Please turn to the first page of the onboard magazine-leaflet (topic) and there you will find your menu choices for today. Thank you for your attention during this announcement.

August 1, 2012 8:49 pm  #11

And WHEN the captain switches of the signs: Passenger derbyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

August 1, 2012 9:33 pm  #12

Who will you bet on?

August 1, 2012 9:38 pm  #13

I would think those who chose the Bowl of Grey would be the fastest, but as no-one did so far.........

Board footera