BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 5:05 pm  #41

Re: And soon it's his birthday...

Schöfferhofer Kaktusfeige  = wheat bear with some ugly fruity ingredience which doesn't belong in there! 
Well, I like it, too.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 19, 2012 5:18 pm  #42

According to Google, some kind of fruit beer, actually doesn't sound too bad...

We have an alcoholic lemonade called Two Dogs, very potent. Guess where the name comes from?

Last edited by hepzibah (July 19, 2012 5:19 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 5:42 pm  #43

Ah, you did your research, Hepzibah  . I just read the Wikipedia entry on Two Dogs beer but it only said the name came from the punchline to some joke. They didn't quote the joke, though.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2012 5:49 pm  #44

A young indian boy sat contemplating how his people were named so he says, "Father, how did we all get names like Running Deer, Ten Bears, Red Sky and such?" As the boy sat intensely listening his father replied, "As soon as the child is born, the father names the child after the first thing he sees that inspires him and that's how it's done. So, what makes you ask such strange questions Two Dogs Fu&#ing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 5:51 pm  #45

Thanks for enlightening me.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2012 11:12 pm  #46

BBC Worldwide are celebrating Benedict Cumberbatch’s birthday today with a range of programming on their social sites and on the BBC Global iPlayer App.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 19, 2012 11:48 pm  #47

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENEDICT

(my benny boy.  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 20, 2012 8:22 am  #48

Here's something I copied from Cumberbatchweb:

"In case you missed it on twitter Benedict has kindly sent a thank you message via his friend for the fundraising.
Benedict said:
“The amount of effort, love, joy and celebration as well as money raised! I’m speechless. Pls pass on my love and gratitude. Thank you!! Bx

July 20, 2012 10:48 am  #49

Jjja..... Thanks alot! 

Pssst: Kazza posted it already - if you just go 2 pages backwards....

Anyway: what do you think about his message?

July 20, 2012 11:04 am  #50

Sorry, but I hope you realise that I am doing all this during my office time so it may happen that I occasionally overlook a post  .

And I gladly his accept his love and gratitude any time. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he came over and passed it on to me in person.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 20, 2012 11:06 am)

July 20, 2012 5:20 pm  #51

This is a link to a tumblr (!) about the fundraising. Nice to know he gets to read the fanmail sent to him, not that I ever would, well, maybe...

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/post/27633928918/further-thank-you-from-benedict-cumberbatch

Last edited by hepzibah (July 20, 2012 5:22 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 20, 2012 5:28 pm  #52

Thank you very much for posting the link, I'm very happy that he appreciates the fundraising so much. A truly generous idea, Naomi.

July 20, 2012 6:03 pm  #53

Oh, another greeting from Ben.....  Thank you, hepzibah!!  Isn't he just gorgeous? (overused, I know; but I'm German! Small vocabulary!  )

At least there would be no boring evenings for him for a looong loooong time.... LOL

July 20, 2012 6:21 pm  #54

Ravishing, adorable, enchanting, magic, heart-warming … didn't we do this before? 

July 20, 2012 6:27 pm  #55

Thank you, Susi! I knew I could enlarge my vocabulary here!! 

July 26, 2012 6:19 pm  #56

Fundraising total has risen to £10,000!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 6:25 pm  #57

Wow, that's really a lot of money for a good cause. 

July 27, 2012 7:47 pm  #58

Laugh out loud article, make sure you scroll down and read the comments. There are a few rude (!) comments, read at your own risk!

http://videogum.com/555652/operation-benedict-cumberbatch-everywhere/celebrity-gossip

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 7:55 pm  #59

I'm afraid, now the "end of my English" is reached. I'm not sure if I understand the article or the comments right. 
I don't even get if it's good or bad, irony?

July 27, 2012 8:03 pm  #60

Hi Britta
Yes, it is definitely meant to be ironic. In fact, it could have been written by an Aussie, it is so much our sense of humour.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

Board footera