BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2012 3:30 am  #21

Re: Maybe we should start our own appreciation group

Wholocked wrote:

I haven't read all the threads in this post, but it sounds like you want to set something up exactly like Cumberbatchweb, which suggests you guys didn't know it was there

Nah, knew of there long before this place started, lol. I enjoy that one far more than Sherlockology (which has gone off track lately).
Cumberbatchweb is not really an interactive site which was what I had in mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 17, 2012 3:46 am  #22

Aaah cool.

I'd love to get on board that idea. I've done some website management / forum moderating / etc so happy to help

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 3, 2012 9:36 pm  #23

I totally dig this idea! Honestly, Cumberbitch doesn't exactly make my feminist soul sing, but I've been wiling to make the exception for Benedict. I really dug what he said though and how he saw it that way. I love the idea for the Cumberbabes site. Did anything ever come of it? I would love to help out, I'm just not very computer savvy when it comes to actually creating a site, though it's on my list of things I'd love to learn to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 26, 2012 10:42 am  #24

I just saw "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Lee Stewart in a bookshop.
Never heard of it, it's a children book, there are four other parts.

I just thought, that is the perfect name for an appreciation group .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Benedict_Society_%28series%29

Last edited by Ivy (November 26, 2012 10:43 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 26, 2012 11:25 am  #25

Hello I found this page on facebook.. Cumberbabes United.. Was wondering if anyone of you created it? I would love to join it if it's started by somebody from this forum.. https://www.facebook.com/CumberbabesUnite?ref=ts&fref=ts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 26, 2012 11:41 am  #26

Hello,

it was not me. But I found this on that page and want to have:

And this is something we should induct, too:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 26, 2012 3:37 pm  #27

Yesss..i too wanna have it!!! sooo cute 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 26, 2012 3:41 pm  #28

He's lovely. Would like to have him on my shelf, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2012 4:01 pm  #29

Omg!! Just take a look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepeluiv/sets/72157631989732928/

I wish i could get all of these :D

November 26, 2012 4:09 pm  #30

monitaa wrote:

Omg!! Just take a look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepeluiv/sets/72157631989732928/

I wish i could get all of these :D

Awww, I WANT!!!!

----------

November 27, 2012 12:16 pm  #31

I submitted my query to that woman who makes these dolls here http://pepeluiv.tumblr.com/
I asked her to include me as well in her list.. She sent me a mail and informed me that she would be able to mail them by April/May as she already has a lot of orders. These are the price details that she gave me.. (I asked for Sherlock n John only although she has Moriarty n others too )
"Hi Monita,

I charge $53 for a sherlock doll and $31.5 for a John doll, postage would cost $7~12. Any other question, please feel free to ask "

They're a little expensive if I convert the price into Indian currency but I guess I would love to avail something like this definitely

November 27, 2012 12:26 pm  #32

Hello Guys:

Sorry I've not been on this post in a while, but I have actually done something about it. I bought a domain name cumberbabes.com and I've started to design various pages for it. It's still a work in progress but it's going to have quite in depth pages about his work (more so than is on cumberbatchweb) but will also have it's own forum a bit like this one except purely for Benedict discussion.

Anyway, you can check it out here:

http://www.cumberbabes.com

EDIT: The front page doesn't have anything on it yet, but if you go to the TV & Film sections, I've started developing them.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (November 27, 2012 12:27 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 27, 2012 12:38 pm  #33

Wow, how cool.
I never wanted to be a "bitch". That's not my style. I can totally picture what a cumberbitch looks like.  

----------

November 27, 2012 12:52 pm  #34

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hello Guys:

Sorry I've not been on this post in a while, but I have actually done something about it. I bought a domain name cumberbabes.com and I've started to design various pages for it. It's still a work in progress but it's going to have quite in depth pages about his work (more so than is on cumberbatchweb) but will also have it's own forum a bit like this one except purely for Benedict discussion.

Anyway, you can check it out here:

http://www.cumberbabes.com

EDIT: The front page doesn't have anything on it yet, but if you go to the TV & Film sections, I've started developing them.

Wow!! What an effort! It's a nice website
I registered for the Cumberbabes mailing list as well!

November 27, 2012 1:18 pm  #35

Very well done, Boss. I registered at one. Better Babe than Bitch. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2012 2:59 pm  #36

And no facebook account needed! Perfect! 
I hope the "Forum" link will lead us here - or will there be another one? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 27, 2012 3:36 pm  #37

SH,

I am most definitely not a Cumberbabe (or any other type of babe), but I looked at your website. Looks like it will be very professionally done (like our lovely forum!). Maybe I should hire you to update my farm website...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

November 27, 2012 5:30 pm  #38

SH,

You website looks amazing and I know it'll just get better as you develop it. That's so cool that you took the bull by the horns and did this!  And, Tantalus we are all Cumberbabes if we want to be. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 5, 2012 3:54 pm  #39

Tantalus wrote:

SH,

I am most definitely not a Cumberbabe (or any other type of babe), but I looked at your website. Looks like it will be very professionally done (like our lovely forum!). Maybe I should hire you to update my farm website...

I wouldn't say no...I love doing websites...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 5, 2012 4:20 pm  #40

Wow, that's great- added to my tool-bar!! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera