BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2013 7:07 pm  #61

Re: POLL: Would you watch Sherlock if ........

I became a fan of Benedict watching Sherlock then checking out his other work. I may have checked the show out but I' not sure I'd love it as much as I do with Benedict and Martin being so perfect in their parts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

March 24, 2013 1:54 pm  #62

Are you saying, if he'd never been the star?

Obviously it would depend how good the actor was, but I'd have thought so

I think he's a good actor and no criticism of him but honestly, for me its the scripts that do it. They are great scripts. He is absolutely Sherlock now, no doubt, but I can think of other actors who could also have played the part well. 

I think if he did a Dr Who and became a different actor, well that would be weird. But they did it with the Jeremy Brett series-Dr Watson just changed actors between two seasons and it was never commented on (well how would you really)

Oh yes and to add too, he's a good actor for the younger generation I think. My ten year old son liked the one or two episodes he's seen (its an adult show, yk?) and its got him hooked on the canon which I appreciate. I think the other series which are basically heroic old men in crinolene (well, yk) aren't that exciting for a kid.

Last edited by beekeeper (March 24, 2013 1:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

March 24, 2013 4:25 pm  #63

I don't think the old guys wore crinolines very often. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 24, 2013 4:26 pm  #64

Coat tails, perhaps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2013 6:36 pm  #65

"I don't think the old guys wore crinolines very often.  "

no I guess it would be a Sunday best thing.

Last edited by beekeeper (March 24, 2013 6:36 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

March 26, 2013 12:36 am  #66

Yes. I am a fan of Sherlock Holmes.

March 26, 2013 6:51 am  #67

Likewise.  I've still not seen either the films or Elementary...but they are on my list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera