BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2012 10:31 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Songs

This one's for you: Sherlock, Sally and Jim.
Oasis - Don't look back in anger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iul4SBlHIf8

Last edited by tobeornot221b (July 23, 2012 10:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 23, 2012 10:58 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

Nice one Irene. I was feeling a bit alone here in the club (disco) glad you could join me! Lol

Oh, God... here I am... I LOVE disco!!
And this song is just... Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 24, 2012 12:49 pm  #23

Lean On Me by Bill Withers, for Sherlock and John. I'm posting the lyrics because it was written back in 1972 and some of the kiddywinks here may not know it.

► 4:28► 4:28

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPoTGyWT0Cg

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show

You just call on me brother, when you need a hand (Chorus)
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Second Verse
(Chorus)

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me
(Chorus)
Call me (if you need a friend)
Call me (call me)
Call me (if you need a friend)
Call me (if you ever need a friend)
Call me (call me)
Call me
Call me (if you need A friend)

Last edited by hepzibah (July 24, 2012 12:50 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 4:24 pm  #24

Sweet! I love that song and I haven't heard it for ages. Having trouble getting YouTube today as my google has gone up the creek!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 9:44 pm  #25

This is for poor Greg Lestrade.

Neil Sedaka- Breaking Up is Hard to do.

Last edited by Davina (July 26, 2012 9:49 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 10:34 am  #26

For Sherlock, referring to your signature, Davina...

This
and maybe...

this

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 27, 2012 10:43 am  #27

Excellent Molly. Just to prove Sherlock WRONG! For once.

July 27, 2012 11:15 am  #28

This one can be for Sherlock, Irene and perhaps John too, depending on how you interpret the series. I give you the great original and a remake.

Roxy Music's Love is the Drug

And the remake from the film Suckerpunch. Great film with a great soundtrack.

Last edited by Davina (July 27, 2012 11:19 am)

July 30, 2012 11:11 am  #29

This is for Mr. Hudson. But you have to replace the word 'can' with 'can't' because Sherlock has shot it!

July 31, 2012 7:24 am  #30

I think this song is great for Molly... always look on the bright side of life!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 31, 2012 11:16 am  #31

And whistle! Brilliant...as Arthur would say.

This one is for Sherlock...

August 1, 2012 12:05 pm  #32

This one is for Henry in Hounds of the Baskerville.

Last edited by Davina (August 1, 2012 12:05 pm)

August 8, 2012 8:48 pm  #33

After a few days with no songs posted try this one for size. You need to listen to the lyrics and maybe replace the name Suzanne with Sherlock.

This song is for John, poor thing...

August 13, 2012 2:29 am  #34

Sherlock Holmes-Medicine by Daughter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 13, 2012 9:27 pm  #35

Good one Smoggy.

How about this for Irene? Watching the Detectives by Elvis Costello...

Last edited by Davina (August 13, 2012 9:31 pm)

August 16, 2012 5:46 pm  #36

Obvious really...

August 17, 2012 2:18 am  #37

okay, I'm going to jump in with my contributions...

These tunes make me think of the relationship between John and Sherlock. I would post links or videos but haven't figured out how to do that yet, but they are all available in one form or another on YouTube. Anyway, here are my favorite versions of these particular tunes. Hope you enjoy them...

He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother, by Neil Diamond

You Raise Me Up, by Celtic Thunder (also Josh Groban and Celtic Woman)

Hallelujah (Aleluya), Il Divo

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 17, 2012 11:39 am  #38

Hey imazherlockgirl! Good choices! If you click on the word quote on my last post you will see how I posted the video. Basically you need to put [video]http://www.youtube.com/watchv=.then whatever the code is for that video[/video]

Sadly some videos you might want to use won't embed like that.

Once upon a time, not so very long ago, I also did not have a clue how to do this either. Only being on this forum has thought me how to do it. See massive benefits to being a member!

August 17, 2012 3:10 pm  #39

Davina wrote:

Hey imazherlockgirl! Good choices! If you click on the word quote on my last post you will see how I posted the video. Basically you need to put [video]http://www.youtube.com/watchv=.then whatever the code is for that video[/video]

Sadly some videos you might want to use won't embed like that.

Once upon a time, not so very long ago, I also did not have a clue how to do this either. Only being on this forum has thought me how to do it. See massive benefits to being a member!

Thanks, Davina!    I wrote it down so I'll remember it...

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

August 17, 2012 3:44 pm  #40

Okay, I'm going to try this again. These are the links to the videos I mentioned in a previous post about songs that reminded me of the relationship between Sherlock and John...hope you enjoy them.

Il Divo performing Hallelujah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzB8xC_CwH8

Celtic Thunder's Paul Byrom performing You Raise Me Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kob_gln5eo

Neil Diamond, a 1972 performance of He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother

Yay, it worked! Thanks, Davina, for telling me how to do this... 

For some reason I can only post the links for the first 2 videos, it won't let me post the actual videos, but I was able to get the actual video to post for the last one.

Last edited by ImaSherlockGirl (August 17, 2012 4:18 pm)

Why would I do that?

Board footera