BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2012 8:44 pm  #1

Sherlock Songs

Something else to keep us going during the hiatus. What about suitable songs/pieces of music for characters in Sherlock. We have a couple that are actually used in the series which I'll put here just to start us off...

Jim Moriarty- Sinner Man by Nina Simone
Jim Moriarty- The Thieving Magpie by Rossini

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2012 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Songs

Molly Hooper- Count on me by Bruno Mars (such a cute song!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 12, 2012 9:07 pm  #3

I love Bruno Mars. What a good choice Molly.

Just thinking...I guess we must add
Jim Moriarty - Staying Alive by The Bee Gees

Last edited by Davina (July 12, 2012 9:10 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2012 11:49 pm  #4

How about--for Mrs. Hudson--

Looking For Love  (in all the wrong places) recorded by Johhny Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 1:15 am  #5

What about

Killer Queen (by QUEEN) for Irene Adler?

July 13, 2012 3:18 am  #6

how about Let it Be  (The Beatles)  for John,  when  he meets up with Sherlock   after his fake fall?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 9:12 pm  #7

This is a nice thing. Cause this is one of the things I think about during the day.
I guess my suggestions might be a bit too... Johnlock-y.

For some reason quite famous among Sherlockians is the song "Woke up new" by The Mountain Goats, reflecting John's situation after the fall. It's a very beautiful song.

Very apt is "SAIL" by Awolnation for Moriarty. The whole song has this kinda sick (in a good way!) feeling to it, it fits perfectly...

For some reason I also always connect "Streets of Philadelphia" by Bruce Springsteen to John Watson. Except for the whole Philadelphia part, of course, that should be exchanged with "London". But it could be either post-Afghanistan John Watson or post-Reichenbach John Watson.
"I was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I felt... I was unrecognizable to myself..."

July 13, 2012 9:29 pm  #8

Another great Jim anthem - So what by Pink!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 14, 2012 4:48 am  #9

For Sherlock:

Bored - by the Deftones

July 14, 2012 3:46 pm  #10

Radiohead - How to disappear completely.

For John - before, during and after Sherlocks fall... "I'm not here... this isn't happening...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If47eIpWWa0

("by accident" part of the BC Top Ten....  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 14, 2012 4:01 pm  #11

For John's most depressing moments I suggest

Death Cab for Cutie: I will follow you into the dark

The lyrics would seem a bit Johnlocky but I couldn't resist.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2012 7:01 pm  #12

Florence and the Machine- 'Falling'. Many of the lyrics of this song really fit TRF well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyx-ogxuccw

July 18, 2012 1:06 pm  #13

Today's musical present is for Mycroft. Umbrella by Rihanna.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vittAmWLo

July 19, 2012 7:37 am  #14

Today's musical present is for Sherlock and Jim Moriarty. It is 'Spider's Web' by Katie Melua. ' The line between wrong and right is the width of a thread from a spider's web.'

And......because it is Benedict's birthday TODAY here is a specially offering from the talented, inspirational Mr. Steve Wonder.

July 20, 2012 5:32 pm  #15

Today's offering is for John. I think it sums up his relationship with Sherlock. An oldie but goody and wonderful clarity of voice from the lead singer.

The Platters-Only You

July 21, 2012 11:23 am  #16

I've already posted this in another thread but I think it too apt to not put it on here too. This is for all those who are on the side of the angels, not just in the series but in real life too. With thoughts of Denver.

July 22, 2012 12:28 pm  #17

This is for Jim Moriarty because that's what he threatened to do to Sherlock. Also it is homage to Jon Lord, founder of Deep Purple, who died on Monday 16th July from pancreatic cancer. He was an utterly original and brilliant keyboard player. R.I.P.

Deep Purple- Burn

July 23, 2012 7:47 am  #18

For Molly. Love the piano and sax in this live recording. By the late, great Little Richard.

July 23, 2012 9:48 pm  #19

This is what Molly or John should sing to Sherlock (sort of...)

Last edited by Irene Adler (July 23, 2012 9:50 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 23, 2012 10:03 pm  #20

Nice one Irene. I was feeling a bit alone here in the club (disco) glad you could join me! Lol

Board footera