BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2014 3:30 pm  #19281

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

If we all want to be completely honest this whole jeans debate is just an excuse to stare intently at Beneict's bum.

Nope. You are so utterly and completely wrong. Two words, dear: Scientific Research.

You just keep telling yourself that Solar.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 14, 2014 3:45 pm  #19282

Here's some moving Benedict for you to enjoy. Note the hair, the profile, the slight lisp at times and....pause.....HANDS!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sherlock-actor-benedict-cumberbatch-admits-3143719

I'm clueing for looks

February 14, 2014 4:03 pm  #19283

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

If we all want to be completely honest this whole jeans debate is just an excuse to stare intently at Beneict's bum.

Nope. You are so utterly and completely wrong. Two words, dear: Scientific Research.

You just keep telling yourself that Solar.  

Why, what, do you mean... you don't believe me...???

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 14, 2014 4:09 pm  #19284

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I realized despite all of Ben's successful roles, no one really wants to talk about his role of Paul Marshall in Atonement. I just rewatched it and I had this weird fascinated/excited-because-it's-BC yet repulsed-by-Paul feeling. I kept thinking over and over, "I know you but I suddenly don't know you anymore." It was...disconcerting to say the least.

We talked about Paul just recently, I just don't remember in which thread. I think Benedict is doing a brilliant job here, his slimy, aggravating, dislikeable Paul truly sends shivers down my spine at times - and when I saw the film for the first time, I didn't know Benedict yet.
Remember Mary's face when she drank from that whine in TSoT...? I'd say that's the face I made several times in connection with Paul when I saw the film for the first time. Yuck!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 14, 2014 4:15 pm  #19285

I know this is off-topic but I just have to write on here how much I am enjoying this thread, meeting all you lovely people who share in a mutual appreciation of Benedict, not only in his fine physical form but also as an exquisite actor, who has the best years of his life ahead of him.

It's great to be able to share, with you all, the success he is about to enjoy. Not that we have any ownership over him or his career, but to be able to collectively chat and appreciate him and his brilliant work, is a great thing. Beyond The Thing, the suits, and the general gorgeousness, there's a massive mutual respect for him, and I love that.

I just felt the need to say it. Thanks to you all, it's been an absolute pleasure, and I know it will be for ages to come

I'm clueing for looks

February 14, 2014 4:24 pm  #19286

I agree ^^

All you guys are wonderful, and it's a massive pleasure to be able to come on here and express what I'm unable to express to my friends in the real world, paha!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 14, 2014 4:45 pm  #19287

You're welcome ladies.  I only found this place lsat May but I've been here everyday since!

Next topic:

Can we talk about his thumbs?    

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 14, 2014 4:46 pm  #19288

OMG he´s looking like a boy! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 14, 2014 4:47 pm  #19289

lovely pics, tonnaree!
/and you´ve put Havel´s quote in your sig! /

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 14, 2014 4:50 pm  #19290

He got ten years younger within one or two days. Must be a magic trick. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2014 4:52 pm  #19291

and a magic hair styler!

February 14, 2014 4:55 pm  #19292

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

want some more?

Oh, god, yes.  *scampers along after Mrs W*

February 14, 2014 4:56 pm  #19293

rebeccaholmes wrote:

Oh, wow, well, maybe I will allow it, pretend to be dead, and then miraculously spring back to life and live happily ever after with him.

Well, my motto is, if you're going to dream, dream big. Why not.

February 14, 2014 5:03 pm  #19294

clareiow wrote:

I know this is off-topic but I just have to write on here how much I am enjoying this thread, meeting all you lovely people who share in a mutual appreciation of Benedict, not only in his fine physical form but also as an exquisite actor, who has the best years of his life ahead of him.

It's great to be able to share, with you all, the success he is about to enjoy. Not that we have any ownership over him or his career, but to be able to collectively chat and appreciate him and his brilliant work, is a great thing. Beyond The Thing, the suits, and the general gorgeousness, there's a massive mutual respect for him, and I love that.

I just felt the need to say it. Thanks to you all, it's been an absolute pleasure, and I know it will be for ages to come

This thread is the best one on the whole forum, IMO.  It does, however, eat up lots and lots of time. Not complaining, just saying.  The scenery is first rate, to say the least.  thud-worthy, drool-worthy and delicious  I'm glad you found us!

February 14, 2014 5:16 pm  #19295

As I'm glad I found you all

I'm clueing for looks

February 14, 2014 5:20 pm  #19296

Thank you for another eventful day, ladies! I must be off for my anti-valentines nights with a friend of mine.

I look forward to catching up on some beautiful images later on. ;)

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 14, 2014 5:37 pm  #19297

SusiGo wrote:

He got ten years younger within one or two days. Must be a magic trick. 

Ha, funny, I read exactly the same thing on some blog this afternoon. He does look younger indeed, but I couldn't say if that also makes him look better... the pics from the last few days were all brilliant, he looked so gorgeous in that dark-blue jumper he wore at the Convention... Maybe he had the chance to have a good night's rest somewhere in-between.

February 14, 2014 5:41 pm  #19298

I had the same impression! About him looking younger. His cheeks look more filled out, in a good sort of way! 

February 14, 2014 5:47 pm  #19299

But he looks really, really slim, don't you think...?

February 14, 2014 5:51 pm  #19300

far too much. he needs to have dinner with me again 

Board footera