BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2014 8:19 pm  #18541

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

tonnaree wrote:

veecee wrote:

I'm glad that Season (Series) 3 ditched the wig from Season 2. I enjoyed it when Sherlock ruffled his own hair (e.g., in The Blind Banker when going through the books) and was glad to see him do it again this season.

What the.........?   Ben wore a wig in Series 2?

Now there's a new one. I hadn't heard that before.  ???

February 6, 2014 8:23 pm  #18542

Me neither!

I'm clueing for looks

February 6, 2014 8:27 pm  #18543

TeeJay wrote:

This is what happens when I can't stop playing with black & white and single colours.

Yes, definitely one of my favourites. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 6, 2014 8:44 pm  #18544

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

veecee wrote:

I'm glad that Season (Series) 3 ditched the wig from Season 2. I enjoyed it when Sherlock ruffled his own hair (e.g., in The Blind Banker when going through the books) and was glad to see him do it again this season.

I just watched The Reichenbach Fall again yesterday, and I'm sure there's a bit during the rooftop scene where he runs his hands through his hair?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 6, 2014 9:32 pm  #18545

His Grumpiness, sulking on his throne...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 6, 2014 9:44 pm  #18546

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2014 9:44 pm  #18547

tonnaree wrote:

veecee wrote:

Tinks wrote:

The TTSS hair is my absolute favourite I'm not sure if it was a wig or his own hair though.
That's my fave film of Ben's to date, too

I'm sorry. I thought other people must have heard this since most fans are way beyond me in the information department. I would be very happy to be proven wrong, but unless I heard it incorrectly, it was mentioned in the commentary on the DVD. I hadn't realized it, either, but after that I couldn't help noticing when I rewatched. Still, he is Sherlock for me and I have gotten over it.

This is an example of why I don't usually like behind-the-scenes revelations. However, I thought that the commentaries following the Season 3 episodes (in the US, at least) struck a good middle ground.

February 6, 2014 9:46 pm  #18548

Tinks wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I just watched The Reichenbach Fall again yesterday, and I'm sure there's a bit during the rooftop scene where he runs his hands through his hair?

I think I know the point you mean. His hands sort of head up that way, but they don't really run through his hair like in the other seasons. I would love to be wrong. (I would faint if "Wrong!" suddenly showed up on my phone.)

February 6, 2014 9:49 pm  #18549

veecee wrote:

I'm sorry. I thought other people must have heard this since most fans are way beyond me in the information department. I would be very happy to be proven wrong, but unless I heard it incorrectly, it was mentioned in the commentary on the DVD. I hadn't realized it, either, but after that I couldn't help noticing when I rewatched. Still, he is Sherlock for me and I have gotten over it.

This is an example of why I don't usually like behind-the-scenes revelations. However, I thought that the commentaries following the Season 3 episodes (in the US, at least) struck a good middle ground.

Do you remember where exactly this is mentioned? I can't recall anything like that and can't remember reading about it anywhere either. Also, he has the same hair in the read-through/other occasions from that time - why would he wear a wig for that?
Maybe you're right, but I really haven't heard of that any time before.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 6, 2014 9:57 pm  #18550

His Grumpiness will make a perfect tribute to my collection 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2014 10:11 pm  #18551

His Grumpiness will be even grumpier when he realises that we're making fun of him...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 6, 2014 10:15 pm  #18552

Aaaaawwwww! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2014 10:28 pm  #18553

Lily wrote:

veecee wrote:

Do you remember where exactly this is mentioned? I can't recall anything like that and can't remember reading about it anywhere either. Also, he has the same hair in the read-through/other occasions from that time - why would he wear a wig for that?
Maybe you're right, but I really haven't heard of that any time before.

As I said, I hope I'm not right. I just remember it somewhere in the commentary on the DVD. I didn't listen to it again -- I'm not that fond of behind-the-scenes reveals and was sorry that I had listened to this one. I think you are right about the read-throughs. I wish I had never brought it up. Let's just say that I'm glad Sherlock is back to ruffling his hair and leave it at that.

February 6, 2014 10:53 pm  #18554

Which commentary was it? Could look through an online transcript. I'm 100% sure he never wore a wig; there's no need for him to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 6, 2014 10:57 pm  #18555

It was on the DVD. It was a long time ago, and I can't get more specific than that. I think it was because he was also filming something else that required different hair. But I really, really would like to just drop it now. If I'm wrong, that's great. I'm just glad he's running his hands through his hair again.

February 6, 2014 10:59 pm  #18556

tobeornot221b wrote:

That pout!   *thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 6, 2014 11:14 pm  #18557

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sick and hung over, don't forget that.

February 7, 2014 12:13 am  #18558

ancientsgate wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I shall get him a blankie and make him some tea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 7, 2014 5:15 am  #18559

ancientsgate wrote:

[

True. But that doesn't prevent him from looking ...not too bad."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2014 8:33 am  #18560

"Not too bad", tobe...? Just a slight understatement...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera