BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2014 3:05 pm  #18041

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Oh good lord. If he looked at me like that I cannot tell you my reaction (i would get blocked on here for a start!!)

I'm clueing for looks

January 29, 2014 3:06 pm  #18042

gently69 wrote:

Right answer.

Wow, that's... short.

Is this real?

No. The hair looks similar to Lestrade's new do in season 3. lol  Not gray and white enough, though.

January 29, 2014 3:07 pm  #18043

SusiGo wrote:

This just sort of happened. Just recovered from a fainting spell. 

Ahhhhh, the swan neck of sex!!

January 29, 2014 3:32 pm  #18044

ancientsgate wrote:

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Gently: and now tell us the story about Cinderella! 

And Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, while you're at it.

You don't take me seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 29, 2014 3:36 pm  #18045

gently69 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Gently: and now tell us the story about Cinderella! 

Don't worry--  we're all as Benedict-addled as you are, so most of the time we don't even know what we're saying when we come to this thread.

January 29, 2014 3:40 pm  #18046

yep. something like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 29, 2014 3:42 pm  #18047

ancientsgate wrote:

gently69 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Don't worry--  we're all as Benedict-addled as you are, so most of the time we don't even know what we're saying when we come to this thread.

I know exactly what to write here! Words like... thud... faint... love... and of course...

fhjkeokcnhdzsbntisbnngvgfwxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 29, 2014 3:43 pm  #18048

Marva wrote:

this is my favourite Sherlock gif right now

gently, it's from ASiP, the crime scene with the pink lady.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 29, 2014 3:45 pm  #18049

ancientsgate wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Right answer.

Wow, that's... short.

Is this real?

No. The hair looks similar to Lestrade's new do in season 3. lol  Not gray and white enough, though.

So if it's not real, what is it then...? The colour might not be real, but the cut? Can't be a wig...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 29, 2014 3:47 pm  #18050

SusiGo wrote:

And your new avatar also just sort of happened, right?
Btw Susi, I bought "Hunger" (thanks again for your rec!) and watched it a couple of days ago, and it's really... tough stuff, once again. Steve McQueen really knows how to make you feel uncomfortable...

January 29, 2014 3:49 pm  #18051

gently69 wrote:

And if he would look at me like this... *THUD*

That gaze could cause spontaneous ovulation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 29, 2014 3:50 pm  #18052

SolarSystem wrote:

So if it's not real, what is it then...? The colour might not be real, but the cut? Can't be a wig...?

It's a manip. Sticking different hair on someone in a photograph is really easy, with the right computer program.

Of course I'm not certain it's a manip--  I saw that movie quite a long time ago-- but I have no recollection of ever seeing Ben look like that, in a movie or in still photography. So I presume it's someone's idea of an interesting thing to do in their spare time?

January 29, 2014 3:51 pm  #18053

SolarSystem wrote:

Marva wrote:

Ah... thanks. Now that you are saying...

(Tony Hadley)

January 29, 2014 3:51 pm  #18054

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

It's a manip. Sticking different hair on someone in a photograph is really easy, with the right computer program.

Of course I'm not certain it's a manip--  I saw that movie quite a long time ago-- but I have no recollection of ever seeing Ben look like that, in a movie or in still photography. So I presume it's someone's idea of an interesting thing to do in their spare time?

It's not a manip, it's definitely from the movie. Believe me, I've seen it... far too often.
Have a look at minute 1:20!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqF1JKZLsvM

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 29, 2014 3:56 pm)

January 29, 2014 3:54 pm  #18055

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Btw Susi, I bought "Hunger" (thanks again for your rec!) and watched it a couple of days ago, and it's really... tough stuff, once again. Steve McQueen really knows how to make you feel uncomfortable...

I am so sorry for confusing you all with my avaters but there are so many new pics around. I am going for trial and error. This one is self-made AND looks nice with my sig. So maybe I will keep it. 

Yes, "Hunger" is hard to watch. I had a long discussion with my daughter about this very long central scene with the priest which she did not like. It is quite theatrical, i.e. not very filmic, but I like it because here we get to know such much about Bobby's background. A disturbing film. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2014 3:58 pm  #18056

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Marva wrote:

Ah... thanks. Now that you are saying...

You're welcome! I knew it immediately because there are some really nice and not so common screenshots of that scene somewhere on the internet.

January 29, 2014 4:07 pm  #18057

SusiGo wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I am so sorry for confusing you all with my avaters but there are so many new pics around. I am going for trial and error. This one is self-made AND looks nice with my sig. So maybe I will keep it. 

Yes, "Hunger" is hard to watch. I had a long discussion with my daughter about this very long central scene with the priest which she did not like. It is quite theatrical, i.e. not very filmic, but I like it because here we get to know such much about Bobby's background. A disturbing film. 

Oh, don't worry, I like all your avatars, and this one is no exception.

Funny, I had the very same discussion with my boyfriend. This scene really goes against almost anything that you would normally do in a movie. I totally agree that you learn so much about Bobby in that scene, but I'm not sure if it's necessary to do this without any cut or camera movement for more than 20 minutes. Yes, you concentrate on the words that are being spoken, but there's also the danger that after a while you don't really listen all that concentrated anymore. But be that as it may, it's definitely audacious to do a scene like this. And the film as a whole is disturbing as well as brilliant.

January 29, 2014 4:25 pm  #18058

And this is my favourite gif right now...

January 29, 2014 4:28 pm  #18059

Now imagine one of them to be a woman and there would be no discussion whatsoever. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2014 4:37 pm  #18060

I think this might be the only scene in S3 with Sherlock sitting in front of a microscope...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera