BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2013 8:45 am  #13661

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I am absolutely with you. I want to see him with white hair and fat cheeks and growing breasts and whatever - that's what he does. And he does it brilliantly. Not that I don't like the sexy, attractive pics but they are just one side of him. It's the Work that matters. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2013 8:58 am  #13662

Very unselfish and sacrificing, Susi! But I'm with you in this matter 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 4, 2013 9:01 am  #13663

Harriet wrote:

Very unselfish and sacrificing, Susi! But I'm with you in this matter

Thanks, Harriet, I am feeling very honoured.  Although I am not totally selfless in this. Now and then I look at a pic just for the sake of beauty. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2013 9:05 am  #13664

You do? Oh!   

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 4, 2013 9:07 am  #13665

I must admit, I do. 

October 4, 2013 9:07 am  #13666

@Susi:
Exactly. I sometimes wonder how other actors don't get bored to death by basically repeating themselves over and over again (I could name names here, but I'd better not...). And I'm not just talking about the looks here and whether or not they look handsome in their roles or not, but even more about the choices they make. Of course it also depends on what gets offered to you, and I think that Benedict has made very clever choices so far. He doesn't seem to be in danger of getting typecast, he already showed such a variety of faces in his roles... he is so versatile! And what I probably love the most is that all of his films and projects so far are so clever and intelligent and sometimes even really important.
Oh, I could go on and on and on...

Last edited by SolarSystem (October 4, 2013 9:08 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 4, 2013 9:09 am  #13667

Couldn't agree more, Solar. 

October 4, 2013 9:10 am  #13668

SusiGo wrote:

I must admit, I do. 

Okay, I rest my case. Perfection. To hell with acting talent.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 4, 2013 9:16 am  #13669

Oh, that was not my intention. 

October 4, 2013 9:20 am  #13670

Love you guys! 

October 4, 2013 9:26 am  #13671

Just what I needed this morning. 

October 4, 2013 9:29 am  #13672

It's all fine, Susi.
Actually, the more I see of "The Fifth Estate", the more this blond hair grows on me... haha, talking about acting talent, come on! 

(Credit: http://suddenlyfalling.tumblr.com/post/55721318234/benedict-cumberbatch-as-julian-assange-in-the )

Oh, and likewise, Harriet!

October 4, 2013 9:30 am  #13673

Don't really care for the hair, but I still would

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 4, 2013 9:55 am  #13674

Did you see the b roll scenes from The Fifth Estate? I posted the link in the other thread. Brilliant to see him at work. 

October 4, 2013 10:01 am  #13675

Yes, Susi, I did see it, I already commented on it in the other thread. I generally love B-Rolls, it's just great to have a look behind the scenes. It's great to see him chat with the director or his colleagues, and then again to see him at work - before post-production, just his pure and pristine acting.

Last edited by SolarSystem (October 4, 2013 10:33 am)

October 4, 2013 11:52 am  #13676

SolarSystem wrote:

@Susi:
Exactly. I sometimes wonder how other actors don't get bored to death by basically repeating themselves over and over again (I could name names here, but I'd better not...). And I'm not just talking about the looks here and whether or not they look handsome in their roles or not, but even more about the choices they make. Of course it also depends on what gets offered to you, and I think that Benedict has made very clever choices so far. He doesn't seem to be in danger of getting typecast, he already showed such a variety of faces in his roles... he is so versatile! And what I probably love the most is that all of his films and projects so far are so clever and intelligent and sometimes even really important.
Oh, I could go on and on and on...

Totally with you! 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 4, 2013 2:03 pm  #13677

I know this is not a BC quote but can't we all believe he would say it?

Plus, BabyBatch with glasses!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 4, 2013 2:43 pm  #13678

tonnaree wrote:

If we misbehave, will he punish us? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 4, 2013 2:48 pm  #13679

kittykat wrote:

One can hope.
The TA in your 8AM English class is not pleased that you've been skipping class so much..... there WILL be consequences.
THUD

October 4, 2013 2:57 pm  #13680

kittykat wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Only if we ask him very nicely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera