BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2013 1:53 pm  #13581

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

biscuitbear wrote:

Maggi13 wrote:

I will never get tired of seeing his face, in whichever combination.

That's a good way of putting it!

By the way, some sadly unenlightened people over on yahoo are professing to be at a loss to understand why BC has been elected the sexiest man on the planet. Tsssk....

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/britons-movie-sexiest-list-232125950.html

*reads comments*  *shakes head* Unenlightened is putting it mildly....I have never seen a more gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man in my entire life! It's not just physical gorgeousness with him either, it's everything about him! And that makes him even more alluring . I know everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, but seriously...some of those people just have no clue! Heh 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 2, 2013 2:16 pm  #13582

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

*reads comments*  *shakes head* Unenlightened is putting it mildly....I have never seen a more gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man in my entire life! It's not just physical gorgeousness with him either, it's everything about him! And that makes him even more alluring . I know everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, but seriously...some of those people just have no clue! Heh  

Yeah, but let's get honest. How many of us, the first time we were exposed to the sight of His Fineness, had the immediate thought, "Oh, my, what a gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man!"  I would wager, not many. I sure didn't. What I love, got interested in, is the total package.  If people just look at his face, I can sympathize why they might wonder why anyone would think that man is a sex god. lololol But hopefully, they'll dig a bit deeper and fall in love with him, just as we did.

October 2, 2013 2:31 pm  #13583

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Yeah, but let's get honest. How many of us, the first time we were exposed to the sight of His Fineness, had the immediate thought, "Oh, my, what a gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man!"  I would wager, not many. I sure didn't. What I love, got interested in, is the total package.  If people just look at his face, I can sympathize why they might wonder why anyone would think that man is a sex god. lololol But hopefully, they'll dig a bit deeper and fall in love with him, just as we did.

I suppose that's true , admittedly the first time I saw him I didn't even know who he was really, nor did I think much of him, but mostly because the first time I saw him was in a film in which he didn't have a big role. It was when I watched Sherlock that I really noticed him (obviously, hehe), and my first impression was something like "Hmmm...he's very good! And very unique looking, I like him" , but of course I liked him more and more the more I saw him in stuff; Sherlock, Amazing Grace, STID, the more I read about him, watched him interviews etc...now, well...he's certainly grown on me (to put it mildly) and is now absolute favourite actor , and has also topped Jake Gyllenhaal, Viggo Mortensen and Emma Stone on my list of sexiest folk, teehee 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (October 2, 2013 2:31 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

October 2, 2013 2:54 pm  #13584

Ok, I got as far as the "Brits must go for gay guys..." and had to stop.  

Although I adore Ben's comments on receiving the honor.  "punching above my weight."   *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 2, 2013 3:01 pm  #13585

tonnaree wrote:

Ok, I got as far as the "Brits must go for gay guys..." and had to stop.  Although I adore Ben's comments on receiving the honor.  "punching above my weight."   *giggle*

I have no sense of humor or sense of perspective when it comes to Ben and his work, so I knew better than read that trash. First of all, I couldn't care less what "they" think about him, and second of all, most comment-blog fodder on the internet is full to the brim with the most idiotic, shallow, angry-sounding crap imaginable. Better not to read that junk and then have to run for the brain bleach. Just what works for me.

October 2, 2013 3:38 pm  #13586

what the f*k is this? :-D 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 2, 2013 4:55 pm  #13587

ancientsgate wrote:

Yeah, but let's get honest. How many of us, the first time we were exposed to the sight of His Fineness, had the immediate thought, "Oh, my, what a gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man!"  I would wager, not many. I sure didn't. What I love, got interested in, is the total package.

Same here. It certainly wasn't love at first sight and it really is the total package that makes the difference. And in the end, it probably makes no difference what actor we are talking about, there'll always be people who don't understand. I never really understood why everybody seemed to be crazy for Brad Pitt oder DiCaprio, to each her own.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 2, 2013 4:57 pm  #13588

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

what the f*k is this? :-D 

Uuhhm... parallel universe perhaps?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 2, 2013 5:10 pm  #13589

SolarSystem wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Yeah, but let's get honest. How many of us, the first time we were exposed to the sight of His Fineness, had the immediate thought, "Oh, my, what a gorgeous, beautiful, sexy man!"  I would wager, not many. I sure didn't. What I love, got interested in, is the total package.

Same here. It certainly wasn't love at first sight and it really is the total package that makes the difference. And in the end, it probably makes no difference what actor we are talking about, there'll always be people who don't understand. I never really understood why everybody seemed to be crazy for Brad Pitt oder DiCaprio, to each her own.

Well, even though I wasn't sure what it was, I felt some attraction already from the moment when I first saw the promo pic in our newspaper *.
It made me decide to give BBC Sherlock a try even though I was not interested in Sherlock Holmes and new TV shows.
But I still had to get used to the thoughts of beauty and gorgeousness 

* Susi's avatar, of course 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 2, 2013 5:48 pm  #13590

Harriet wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Well, even though I wasn't sure what it was, I felt some attraction already from the moment when I first saw the promo pic in our newspaper *.
It made me decide to give BBC Sherlock a try even though I was not interested in Sherlock Holmes and new TV shows.
But I still had to get used to the thoughts of beauty and gorgeousness

* Susi's avatar, of course

I have to admit that I wasn't even aware of BBC Sherlock for a long, long time. I think I read something about it in some tv guide, but it didn't leave any impression. And when I accidentally tuned into TBB sometime this or last year, I switched channels after a minute.
So yes, I was blind for quite a long time. When I became aware of the casting of Khan in STID, the penny finally began to drop.

October 2, 2013 5:53 pm  #13591

SolarSystem wrote:

I have to admit that I wasn't even aware of BBC Sherlock for a long, long time. I think I read something about it in some tv guide, but it didn't leave any impression. And when I accidentally tuned into TBB sometime this or last year, I switched channels after a minute.
So yes, I was blind for quite a long time.

"I oa-hance wa-has lost, but na-how I am found, was blind bu-hut now I see" 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 2, 2013 5:58 pm  #13592

Benny Benny how I love thee..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 2, 2013 6:47 pm  #13593

Harriet wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

So yes, I was blind for quite a long time.

"I oa-hance wa-has lost, but na-how I am found, was blind bu-hut now I see"

Oh, I'm flattered, a song especially for me.

October 2, 2013 6:49 pm  #13594

His Cuteness for tonight evening

October 2, 2013 6:51 pm  #13595

Solar: You're welcome, dear!  Hope you were able to recognize it, my voice is not that great

Last edited by Harriet (October 2, 2013 6:51 pm)

October 2, 2013 6:55 pm  #13596

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

His Cuteness for tonight evening

I've never wanted to kiss a computer screen so badly in my life...I'll check back after a few drinks...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 2, 2013 6:57 pm  #13597

go on, I grabbed my glass of red wine...but still drooling 

October 2, 2013 7:00 pm  #13598

I don't write the more than naughty comment that comes to my mind, no, I won't write it, I won't 

October 2, 2013 7:09 pm  #13599

Harriet wrote:

I don't write the more than naughty comment that comes to my mind, no, I won't write it, I won't 

Now I'm curious. What was it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 2, 2013 7:11 pm  #13600

*swallows tongue*  - ambulance, please!

Board footera