BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2012 4:46 pm  #1241

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Another great one. In this, I like in particular the non-adjusted teeth.
It's so BORING and UGLY to find most actor's teeth look all alike 
We are not meant to look all alike! (My 2 cents/pennies)
Keep on being special, Ben! 

Last edited by Harriet (October 5, 2012 4:49 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 5, 2012 6:09 pm  #1242

Harriet wrote:

Another great one. In this, I like in particular the non-adjusted teeth.
It's so BORING and UGLY to find most actor's teeth look all alike 
We are not meant to look all alike! (My 2 cents/pennies)
Keep on being special, Ben! 

In America, we like boring teeth. Srsly. The #1 goal of all parents who are wealthy enough to make it happen is for their kids to end up with white, straight teeth-- no missing ones, no gnarly ones, no crooked ones. Boring? Maybe, but we think it's attractive. Think Tom Cruise.

Ben's teeth are not the worst non-American teeth I've seen by any means. In this particular gif, the black and white-ness of the video and the strange lighting make his lower teeth look more snaggly than I remember them. When he talks and smiles, the lower teeth don't usually show like they do here, when he's making a face and speaking in an exaggerated way.

October 5, 2012 6:14 pm  #1243

SusiGo wrote:

A historic moment:

Ah. Lovely. Yes, historic, for sure.

October 5, 2012 6:15 pm  #1244

Ah, yes, the black jeans of sex. And the teal shirt of sex, not to be confused with the purple shirt of sex. Mmmmm.

October 5, 2012 6:29 pm  #1245

For Mattlocked, as promised, and all others in case you're interested:
And, yes, I like it if actors keep some individual "faults" that make them unique. BTW, have you ever heard Benedict's lisp? It's quite cute.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2012 6:39 pm  #1246

ancientsgate wrote:

In America, we like boring teeth. Srsly. The #1 goal of all parents who are wealthy enough to make it happen is for their kids to end up with white, straight teeth-- no missing ones, no gnarly ones, no crooked ones. Boring? Maybe, but we think it's attractive. Think Tom Cruise.

Ben's teeth are not the worst non-American teeth I've seen by any means. In this particular gif, the black and white-ness of the video and the strange lighting make his lower teeth look more snaggly than I remember them. When he talks and smiles, the lower teeth don't usually show like they do here, when he's making a face and speaking in an exaggerated way.

I know many people do. Maybe I'm one of the only few who think that teeth express some of one's personality
- like wrinkles that tell one's life stories, and that it's sad to have such uniqueness and distinctiveness erased
- only for a never ending quest of perfection and eternal youth.
How much lifetime and money is being spent on such boring nonsense?
While it should be sufficient to have healthy teeth. Healthy teeth are beautiful just as they are.

Anyway, end of my rant    Of course you have a point about the quality of the gif 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 5, 2012 6:40 pm  #1247

Poor Susi - you can't seriously like this disappointing pic because he's not wearing his braces decently...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 5, 2012 6:42 pm  #1248

Yes, that's what I thought at first. My favourite is still white shirt/curly dark hair/braces Batch (you know, the FB one) but I can live with this as well. Honestly. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2012 6:50 pm  #1249

tobeornot221b wrote:

Poor Susi - you can't seriously like this disappointing pic because he's not wearing his braces decently...

We were just talking about crooked teeth, and when you mentioned he's not wearing his braces right, I went, braces? He wore braces? And then I realized you meant his suspenders. lololol

Nice chest and arms. Lean without being skinny. He is a real ectomorph, isn't he, leaning to the healthy-appearing end of ectomorphism. Lucky guy.

October 5, 2012 6:56 pm  #1250

Thank you, now I learned a new word. Ectomorph, never heard it. It fits his body although his hair doesn't seem to be thin (which is good, BTW).

About the teeth: I think it depends on how crooked they are or if there are medical risks involved. I wore braces (not suspenders) as a child but when I got my wisdom teeth some others got a bit crooked. Not too bad. I chose not to correct them and still dare to smile. Some teeth just look very artificial. But in general healthy and cared-for teeth are attractive.

October 5, 2012 6:56 pm  #1251

SusiGo wrote:

For Mattlocked, as promised, and all others in case you're interested:
And, yes, I like it if actors keep some individual "faults" that make them unique. BTW, have you ever heard Benedict's lisp? It's quite cute.

I think this is the first picture I saw of him as "not Sherlock" when I googled him after watching series 1. I was quite impressed.

The lisp, yes. I'm a fan of the lisp. It's adorable.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (October 5, 2012 6:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 5, 2012 6:58 pm  #1252

There's a clip somewhere in which he says something about sseeing a sspider, that's very cute. 

October 5, 2012 7:02 pm  #1253

And, I think, when he's on the phone with the home office in TGG.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 5, 2012 7:03 pm  #1254

Oh, I'll have to check that scene.

October 5, 2012 7:26 pm  #1255

Another cute, curly, cheekbone pilot Sherlock:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 5, 2012 7:35 pm  #1256

Nice, very nice. 

October 5, 2012 7:48 pm  #1257

SusiGo wrote:

There's a clip somewhere in which he says something about sseeing a sspider, that's very cute. 

This one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 5, 2012 7:56 pm  #1258

Yeah, that's the one. Sweet, isn't it?

October 5, 2012 8:03 pm  #1259

tobeornot221b wrote:

Another cute, curly, cheekbone pilot Sherlock:

He's under the influence there, but the hair, oh, the hair! Perfection.

October 5, 2012 8:50 pm  #1260

Agree, his lisp is cute on him. He does a great job of hiding it when he's acting.

He is soooo cute in the Pilot

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

Board footera