BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2013 3:36 pm  #12161

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

This is my favourite of his dressing gowns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2013 4:35 pm  #12162

besleybean wrote:

This is my favourite of his dressing gowns.

It is nice , I'm still especially partial to his blue one...*sigh* 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 16, 2013 6:54 pm  #12163

ancientsgate wrote:

it), I've never seen him pose with a cigarette on purpose. .

Really? I can think up at least four different photoshoots where he's smoking.

August 16, 2013 6:57 pm  #12164

Yep, very common practice I'm afraid.
Infact I think more so.
I think he's actually smoking more not less.
Such is the nature of addiction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2013 7:06 pm  #12165

Yep,dude has to have one bad habit,does he? Otherwise he'd be too perfect. I'm not the fan of the smoking,but well,it's his own choice.

August 16, 2013 7:10 pm  #12166

Some on here get sick of my ranting so I apologise.
But I don't think addiction is a choice.
I do however strongly feel filmmakers have a dury of care to their actors...
But anyhow...

August 16, 2013 7:17 pm  #12167

BB, that's right. We all are BENaddicted - and do we have a choice??? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2013 7:21 pm  #12168

Well,agree,but I do think that addiction is a choice.Noone has forced him to smoke.It's his decision from the start.He can quit.Obviously doesn't want to. 
Anyway,brought you all a little getting to know you present..

August 16, 2013 7:27 pm  #12169

Edgeucated wrote:

Thank you so much, Edgeucated! May I unpack it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 16, 2013 7:28 pm  #12170

*THUD*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 16, 2013 7:30 pm  #12171

tobeornot221b wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

Thank you so much, Edgeucated! May I unpack it?

Easier this time - with a zipper instead of buttons. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2013 8:32 pm  #12172

Punch me in the face wrote:

Oh God... Can I have the two of them for Christmas?

Does anyone know,is it real or manip?

August 16, 2013 8:34 pm  #12173

I would stake money on it being a manip.

August 16, 2013 8:46 pm  #12174

ancientsgate wrote:

Except for that one thing with the cigar (and even that could have been a manip, now that I think about it), I've never seen him pose with a cigarette on purpose. Doesn't mean he couldn't, but I don't think smoking-as-cool is something he wants to put out there with his face attached to that message. I get the feeling that his smoking is not something he's proud of.

I agree with your sentiment at the end, just was wondering about your statements as such, is all!  Not saying he wants to promote it, but as someone else said above, he didn't seem to mind being seen with one, or having it be part of the style of the picture in a couple shoots I can remember (i.e. the head shot with a cigar and devious grin where he's lighting it, or when he did that runway model stint with a cigar, drink, and lady).  The cigar shoot looked pretty authentic... kinda hard to shop someone posing their mouth and hands like that and just say 'oh, we'll just stick a cigar in later if you don't mind!'... they could have just 'shopped the smoke to not have it lit, but still.  Definitely agree different than being seen with a cigarette a little bit, though, if that makes sense with the 'sentiment' of the shoot... in that case, still agree that one picture is a little odd.  Eh.. well.   On a related note, the man certainly DOES know how to look smokin' in a classy sweater and jacket!  (*ducks from tomatoes for the pun*)        

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 16, 2013 8:51 pm  #12175

I love the way he dresses.

August 16, 2013 9:10 pm  #12176

Mary Me wrote:

That's it! It's not just about looks, it's about his whole appearance. 
There's that voice and the way he articulates himself, there's that incredibly adorable personality, that amazing talent, then you realize how handsome he is and it all comes together and you're overwhelmed. Happens. 

Total package. Obvious physical attributes (which we have already listed in great detail, ad nauseum, not that I ever get sick of doing so), but also talented, smart, well-spoken, funny, doesn't take himself seriously, and lovely to his fans--  no making fun of us, and he doesn't like us being called cumberbitches, which I think is extremely sweet-- I've heard him say that 2 or 3 times just in the few interviews with him that I've seen. His mama must have raised the boy right.

August 16, 2013 9:13 pm  #12177

Yep.
He's a good man from good stock.

August 16, 2013 9:14 pm  #12178

Edgeucated wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

it), I've never seen him pose with a cigarette on purpose. .

Really? I can think up at least four different photoshoots where he's smoking.

Recent ones? In the last 3 years since he's gotten so famous?  I mean, he used to dress like a clown, too, but that was back in the "old days", pre-S2-Sherlock  I think he's much more aware now that he has an "image", for lack of a better word, and that the internet will spread whatever he says and however he poses all over the world.

Whatever, he can do what he wants (and will, I'm sure), none of my bizniz. It is weird to see smoking come back into fashion after being considered so un-cool for decades.

August 16, 2013 9:16 pm  #12179

I have a pic in the mockup-thread, if anybody is interested ;-)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 16, 2013 9:16 pm  #12180

besleybean wrote:

I would stake money on it being a manip.

Me too. I liked the old days better, lololol, when an image was real, and everyone knew it was real, and there was none of this fabrication of anything. And yes, just call me T. Rex.... I will answer to that.

Board footera