BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2013 11:58 pm  #12141

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I don't know...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 16, 2013 12:55 am  #12142

Punch me in the face wrote:

If it's any "consolation", all my celebrity crushes are older than me too I'll be 30 next month, and Benedict is 37, Misha Collins 38, both are not much older than me, but then there is John Cusack (47), Alan Rickman (67) and... Paul McCartney, 71!
There's nothing wrong with that

At the risk of sounding like Locutus of Borg, age is irrelevant.
And more so as you get older yourself.

August 16, 2013 12:59 am  #12143

nicbooful wrote:

when I consider Benedict's appeal I don't see an average hunky guy - which there are plenty of. He doesn't have that 'look' about him. His appeal is in his uniqueness and his commanding presence. It allows him to stand out from the crowd and is very beautiful. He is very good looking but in a different way from 'the norm'. When you consider his personality it's enough to make you swoon. He is so real in interviews you feel like you are seeing the real him and not someone trying to force you to see a particular persona. Benedict is Benedict and he is beautiful, talented and wonderful x

Well said. I agree. A class act, inside and out. And uber-talented. Lovely man. I like his silly side and his potty mouth, but I also like the way he can set all that aside and be focused and well-spoken, too.

I've always had a fondness for what I call ugly-attractive men. The world goes ewwwww, he's so weird-looking, and I go aaaahhhhh, look at teh pretties!! Beauty, as they say, is definitely in the eye of the beholder. And I do loves me a chance to behold Benny's beauty, yes, I do.

August 16, 2013 1:00 am  #12144

kittykat wrote:

Has he really got a lisp? I can't say I've noticed...

Everyone talks about it, but I swear I've never heard it. OTOH, I wear hearing aids, so I guess I'm not the best one to have an opinion!

August 16, 2013 1:03 am  #12145

biscuitbear wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Someone asked for more Benny, right? Here it goes... and I can basically hear his lisp when I look at him!

The Harpers Bazaar interview is one of my favorite.
"- Money or sex?
- Sex!"

Not "thex"?  You girls are hearing things.
*runs away laughing*

August 16, 2013 1:05 am  #12146

tonnaree wrote:

Russell wrote:

.....And oh for god's sake, that other shoot/article!! Shot by Annie Leibovitz! I must... where in the world is... *trails off....*

YAY! Found it! Tom Shone's blog entry: http://tomshone.blogspot.com/2013/08/interview-benedict-cumberbatch.html
Actual article is in the newest Vogue. Someone posted pics of it here: http://anindoorkitty.tumblr.com/post/58160632046/muchadoaboutbenedict-brb-reading (wonderful as usual)

*pens heartfelt letter of thanks to Ms. Leibovitz*

I had seen the "green shirt" picture (oh, green looks amazing on him! He should wear green more often )

But I hadn't seen this one:

BRB, dying...

Don't die too fast. That sure looks like a manip. I doubt very much he'd pose with a cigarette on purpose, and he doesn't dress like that, and his head looks pasted on, but-- *laugh*-- other than that, okay. Go ahead and die, lol.

August 16, 2013 1:19 am  #12147

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

*pens heartfelt letter of thanks to Ms. Leibovitz*

I had seen the "green shirt" picture (oh, green looks amazing on him! He should wear green more often )

BRB, dying...

Don't die too fast. That sure looks like a manip. I doubt very much he'd pose with a cigarette on purpose, and he doesn't dress like that, and his head looks pasted on, but-- *laugh*-- other than that, okay. Go ahead and die, lol.

Definitely a manip.  The head's the wrong size for the body and the hand is very, very blurry close up.  Both are pasted on.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 16, 2013 4:49 am  #12148

[(pic left out for size)  ;D]

BRB, dying...

Pffft...  really... what's the matter?  I'm just a-struttin' down the street, doing my thang, lookin' hot.... why looking at me like that?

No...  really.... why are you looking at me like that?!          *thud*

(joking aside, I -do- agree with the commentary that started after this post.  Head and shadow look a little odd.  Strange... because it does kinda look like the way his hand looks, and also just wanted to say curious at ag's added reason....  we've seen him model with cigars on purpose before.... or is that your point... that they weren't cigarettes?  and they could've given him that outfit for the shoot?)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 16, 2013 11:38 am  #12149

Russell wrote:

(joking aside, I -do- agree with the commentary that started after this post. Head and shadow look a little odd. Strange... because it does kinda look like the way his hand looks, and also just wanted to say curious at ag's added reason.... we've seen him model with cigars on purpose before.... or is that your point... that they weren't cigarettes? and they could've given him that outfit for the shoot?)

Manips are extremely common in this fandom. Pretty much, if you haven't seen it before, it's a manip. That would have had to have been a major photoshoot if that were really him, and if it were, we'd have seen it already.

Except for that one thing with the cigar (and even that could have been a manip, now that I think about it), I've never seen him pose with a cigarette on purpose. Doesn't mean he couldn't, but I don't think smoking-as-cool is something he wants to put out there with his face attached to that message. I get the feeling that his smoking is not something he's proud of.

August 16, 2013 1:06 pm  #12150

The look...*swooooooooooooon* 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 16, 2013 1:25 pm  #12151

*drools*

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 16, 2013 1:27 pm  #12152

ancientsgate wrote:

I've always had a fondness for what I call ugly-attractive men. The world goes ewwwww, he's so weird-looking, and I go aaaahhhhh, look at teh pretties!! Beauty, as they say, is definitely in the eye of the beholder. And I do loves me a chance to behold Benny's beauty, yes, I do.

I can't help it---that seriously made me laugh :D I am right there beside you...I've never been one for "beefcake" but give me some pretteh light eyes and a sweet smile and....guh. :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

August 16, 2013 1:45 pm  #12153

To be frank, I never thought Benedict to be ugly. I just didn't see why others are so attracted to him. Then again, I have never had a crush on a celebrity before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 16, 2013 1:51 pm  #12154

He does look a little strange at first, but then you soon see how attractive he is. He starts talking and there's that voice, with the lisp that I just love. And those curls are just something else.

And who could resist those cheekbones?

August 16, 2013 1:57 pm  #12155

That's it! It's not just about looks, it's about his whole appearance. 
There's that voice and the way he articulates himself, there's that incredibly adorable personality, that amazing talent, then you realize how handsome he is and it all comes together and you're overwhelmed. Happens. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 16, 2013 2:13 pm  #12156

He seems to be really lovely, and very nice. That just makes him more attractive

August 16, 2013 2:41 pm  #12157

August 16, 2013 2:55 pm  #12158

Mary Me wrote:

That's it! It's not just about looks, it's about his whole appearance. 
There's that voice and the way he articulates himself, there's that incredibly adorable personality, that amazing talent, then you realize how handsome he is and it all comes together and you're overwhelmed. Happens. 

Exactly! It's not just his physical appearence that's attractive, it's his whole demeanor and aura...all of that combined...there's just something about him that is irresistable! 

August 16, 2013 2:56 pm  #12159

kittykat wrote:

Is is just me or does he look especially adorable with those goggles on? 

August 16, 2013 3:10 pm  #12160

Yeah, he does

Board footera