BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 10:37 pm  #11981

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh, this is truly lovely!

Awww!  I know!!  Did you look at the link to the hi-res pics, too?  Go instantly from melting to thudding....  ;P  ;)))
Would you like to see some more?      
http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/52058430321/untagged-new-tab-for-high-res

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 13, 2013 10:55 pm  #11982

.....And oh for god's sake, that other shoot/article!!      Shot by Annie Leibovitz!  I must... where in the world is...  *trails off....*

YAY!   Found it!   Tom Shone's blog entry:  http://tomshone.blogspot.com/2013/08/interview-benedict-cumberbatch.html
Actual article is in the newest Vogue.  Someone posted pics of it here:  http://anindoorkitty.tumblr.com/post/58160632046/muchadoaboutbenedict-brb-reading   (wonderful as usual)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 13, 2013 11:28 pm  #11983

Oh, oh, and speaking of Ben continuing to get awesome highlights/notices in such media, forgot to mention being Super pleased to get a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, the cover story being 'the new Hollywood'.  And they gave Ben a nice big 'dossier' style page:

(images way too big for here.... hi-res readable version:  http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/57216907146/batik96-have-i-mentioned-recently-how-much-i)   Adorably fun, as per usual.   

August 13, 2013 11:43 pm  #11984

Also, my apologies, realizing those pics kind of fit better in 'Ben in the news' than in 'Favorite pics', even though it IS a favorite pic of mine, and was just going along with the 'hey, look at these awesome shots of Ben being highlighted lately' thread, so.... 
Here, have an equally awesome shot of him being equally awesome in public for a photographer:     

Photographer:  http://www.sean-gleason.com/newwork/#1566

August 14, 2013 1:06 am  #11985

tonnaree wrote:

Dear sweet god almighty.

.....and here I sit in a coffee shop without my mattress.   *crash*  *thud*  *ow*

They put His Fineness in green, a color he should wear more often, and then make his damned eyes blue.... I cannot win. *hangs head*  But anyway, aside from that, he looks purely debauched here, and well.... just... oh oh.... CRASH!.... *sees stars, literally and figuratively*

August 14, 2013 2:03 am  #11986

Oh. My. God.  This whole page = much thudding and swooning and drooling on my part! *THUD* 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 14, 2013 2:17 am  #11987

I especially love this one.....

I don't know why exactly, but I just LOVE those pics of him in the grey sweater! *swoon - THUD* 

August 14, 2013 2:19 am  #11988

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Dear sweet god almighty.

.....and here I sit in a coffee shop without my mattress.   *crash*  *thud*  *ow*

They put His Fineness in green, a color he should wear more often, and then make his damned eyes blue.... I cannot win. *hangs head*  But anyway, aside from that, he looks purely debauched here, and well.... just... oh oh.... CRASH!.... *sees stars, literally and figuratively*

And this one...this...this is just doing things to me *dies* 

August 14, 2013 4:28 am  #11989

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Gahh...  I know!!  The incredibly sweet looking grey-sweater shoot... the first 'thoughtful' favorite I posted, then, yes, all the rest.    It's just the super-soft, super casual, sweet, relaxed look permeating the whole thing.  I'm glad you liked!  Didn't want to spam posting all of them, not to mention... nnnkk... the fall-off-your-chair, nearly-life-sized hi-res versions better seen through the link, I hope people liked...  o.o   O.O   Already thudded enough from being thankfully alerted to that casual-wild amazing new shot of him today....   

*innocent look*  Speaking of beautiful in hi-res......  don't suppose you guys would like to save a -Big- version I found of our current favorite picture....  http://24.media.tumblr.com/a5bc0bdc476cf76c1b7d0212c0dd803d/tumblr_mrh8qhJAoe1r7t3s6o1_1280.jpg   Or even the 'full' version....  more leg, less text!!!   http://24.media.tumblr.com/27167337c5e93e7a57cc154c2d7b060c/tumblr_mrh9liTSZw1r7t3s6o1_1280.jpg

August 14, 2013 5:24 am  #11990

Russell wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh, this is truly lovely!

Awww! I know!! Did you look at the link to the hi-res pics, too? Go instantly from melting to thudding.... ;P ;)))
Would you like to see some more?
http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/52058430321/untagged-new-tab-for-high-res

Yes, of course I did!  And more is always appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 14, 2013 5:31 am  #11991

"Perfect Storm", you can say that again! Annie Leibovitz and Mister Cumberbatch, the perfect combination. This pic is just... it's like... I'll have to breath into a bag now. God have mercy...
*THUD*

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 14, 2013 11:55 am  #11992

Russell wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Gahh... I know!! The incredibly sweet looking grey-sweater shoot... the first 'thoughtful' favorite I posted, then, yes, all the rest. It's just the super-soft, super casual, sweet, relaxed look permeating the whole thing. I'm glad you liked! Didn't want to spam posting all of them, not to mention... nnnkk... the fall-off-your-chair, nearly-life-sized hi-res versions better seen through the link, I hope people liked... o.o O.O Already thudded enough from being thankfully alerted to that casual-wild amazing new shot of him today....

*innocent look* Speaking of beautiful in hi-res...... don't suppose you guys would like to save a -Big- version I found of our current favorite picture.... http://24.media.tumblr.com/a5bc0bdc476cf76c1b7d0212c0dd803d/tumblr_mrh8qhJAoe1r7t3s6o1_1280.jpg Or even the 'full' version.... more leg, less text!!! http://24.media.tumblr.com/27167337c5e93e7a57cc154c2d7b060c/tumblr_mrh9liTSZw1r7t3s6o1_1280.jpg

So true! That whole grey sweater photo-shoot is one of my favourites!  
And as for the other links, all I can say is...*THUD*  and LEG!!!!!!!!!  *THUD* 

August 14, 2013 11:58 am  #11993

SolarSystem wrote:

"Perfect Storm", you can say that again! Annie Leibovitz and Mister Cumberbatch, the perfect combination. This pic is just... it's like... I'll have to breath into a bag now. God have mercy...
*THUD*

When it comes to the Batch, there is no mercy...it just gets worse, and worse, and worse (better, and better, and better) ....

August 14, 2013 12:22 pm  #11994

The VOGUE seems to love Benedict 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 14, 2013 1:08 pm  #11995

*falls out of chair* Damn  .... 

August 14, 2013 1:11 pm  #11996

*eyes widened*  HOW comes that I've never seen this picture before??? 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 14, 2013 1:17 pm  #11997

Mary Me wrote:

*eyes widened*  HOW comes that I've never seen this picture before??? 

I'd never seen it before either, I was just browsing through google images, happened upon it and posted it here...after I picked myself up off the floor of course 

August 14, 2013 1:40 pm  #11998

This thread is not healthy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 14, 2013 2:30 pm  #11999

12000 posts and 800 pages. I'm proud of you, fellas.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 14, 2013 2:42 pm  #12000

I found a lovely gif but I don't know if it's recently taken (and therefore spoilerish) or not.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera