BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2013 1:27 pm  #11921

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Doin't like seeing our boys fighting. 

...but it's not a real badass fight, is it? And we all know that deep inside they love each other. Just like Irene said: Somebody loves Sherlock.

Which is why I love it, it's not really a fight...it's more like two best-friends rough-housing , and of course they do indeed love each other , even Irene notices that.

Right, it isn't really a fight. But at the same time John says things which he actually really means to a certain extent ("I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking...") but then again... his love for Sherlock overcomes these things. Otherwise he probably would have punched Sherlock several times already (and meant it!) - or he wouldn't even live in the same flat with him anymore.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 11, 2013 1:50 pm  #11922

It's not only John ("I always hear 'punch me in the face'...") but also Lestrade: "I always feel like screaming when you walk into a room. In fact, so do most people." And though, he does put up with Sherlock. There has to be something about him that makes John and Lestrade stay with him...
Apart from being useful to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 11, 2013 1:54 pm  #11923

He's adorable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2013 2:02 pm  #11924

Just like old times...

August 11, 2013 2:24 pm  #11925

*THUD*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 11, 2013 2:29 pm  #11926

Wow, that's an insanely creepy picture.  He's like a wax floating head XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 11, 2013 3:16 pm  #11927

tobeornot221b wrote:

It's not only John ("I always hear 'punch me in the face'...") but also Lestrade: "I always feel like screaming when you walk into a room. In fact, so do most people." And though, he does put up with Sherlock. There has to be something about him that makes John and Lestrade stay with him...
Apart from being useful to them.

I suppose he is a very fascinating person to be around. To see how his mind works must be really fantastic. At the same time he seems to be willing, at least occasionally, to question and second-guess his own behaviour. That can already be seen in ASiP with his "Not good?" and John's "Bit not good" when it comes to Rachel. I guess if he didn't give John the chance to be his moral compass, then Sherlock might eventually be intolerable for John. And for Lestrade as well, I guess.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 11, 2013 4:24 pm  #11928

Punch me in the face wrote:

It's like he's been caught doing something he shouldn't by John...

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 11, 2013 4:27 pm  #11929

Gorgeous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2013 6:03 pm  #11930

DitzyDamnDaffy wrote:

Punch me in the face wrote:

It's like he's been caught doing something he shouldn't by John...

Mmmmmm *swooon - THUD* 

And here's Sherlock intensely concentrating....

The eyes...they kill me *dies* 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 11, 2013 6:10 pm  #11931

Nose crinkle!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 11, 2013 6:20 pm  #11932

kittykat wrote:

Nose crinkle!

I want so badly to smooch it! 

August 11, 2013 6:23 pm  #11933

I wish that my eyes looked so beautiful. Mine are a boring dark brown colour.

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 11, 2013 6:28 pm  #11934

That video was so adorable! I giggled the whole time 

August 11, 2013 6:38 pm  #11935

August 11, 2013 7:55 pm  #11936

kittykat wrote:

He really should be ashamed of himself... smiling like that at John, at their first official dat.. uhm, meeting. Poor John never stood a chance, right?

August 11, 2013 7:59 pm  #11937

Thud. That's all I have to say. Who would not move in with him after that smile? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2013 8:09 pm  #11938

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Puuuuuuuuuuuuurple! *swoon - THUD* 

Love the errant curl, mid-forehead. I could certainly do without the rats on his tie, though. *shiver*

August 11, 2013 8:11 pm  #11939

besleybean wrote:

Doin't like seeing our boys fighting. 

Fake fight, played for humor. And because Sherlock is a crazy lunatic, John knows it, and by god, if S was going to bash him in the face, he could give back exactly what he'd been given. Which Sherlock knew he would.... the crazy lunatic.

August 11, 2013 8:14 pm  #11940

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Which is why I love it, it's not really a fight...it's more like two best-friends rough-housing , and of course they do indeed love each other , even Irene notices that.

I agree, it wasn't a fight per se. But I disagree that it was simple friends rough-housing. First of all, they're a little long in the tooth to be conducting a schoolyard barney [love that Brit expression] in the street. Sherlock picked that fake fight, only because he couldn't punch himself in the face and make it look real. And then John spared his pretty teeth, as Irene observed, so it still didn't look real, after all that..... she'd seen enough bruised faces, maybe even doled out more than a few herself, so she knew very well what she was seeing.

Board footera