BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2012 9:18 pm  #1061

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Naughty girl again? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2012 9:24 pm  #1062

SusiGo wrote:

Naughty girl again? 

Yep. And unrepentant about it, generally speaking. In this case, specifically speaking.
heh

So tell me, is this the best thread on this forum or what. Seriously. Thanks to everyone who finds these photos and posts them. I would do it, but I don't know how.

Would anyone mind if we started to post nice Benedict/Sherlock art work?  There are so many, many talented artists and manippers out there who post their stuff all over the place. I don't know about you all, but I could appreciate a nice piece of artwork as much as a photo. So just an idea.

September 29, 2012 9:29 pm  #1063

Of course, any thread of this, er, quality is welcome. When I find some, I'm going to post them. But I'd like to concentrate on the photos because I know where to find them (which is not so difficult BTW). Want to see some more? 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 29, 2012 9:32 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2012 9:58 pm  #1064

SusiGo wrote:

Of course, any thread of this, er, quality is welcome. When I find some, I'm going to post them. But I'd like to concentrate on the photos because I know where to find them (which is not so difficult BTW). Want to see some more? 

*channeling John*   God, yes.

September 29, 2012 10:07 pm  #1065

There you are. 

September 29, 2012 10:15 pm  #1066

SusiGo wrote:

There you are. 

Mmmmm *channeling John again* Oh, God, yes.  *runs away laughing*

September 29, 2012 11:03 pm  #1067

SusiGo wrote:

Ha, ha. And he uses the breaks to have a smoke as you can see from more than one pic. Not very PC today, but I don't mind at all. 

Ja. I noticed, too. Probably especially because hubby stopped smoking "just like that" two weeks ago. I've been trying to convince him to stop since years - and now I don't manage to follow his example!!   
But I won't stop working on it!!

Back to essentials:

special for AG

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 29, 2012 11:38 pm  #1068

Mattlocked wrote:

Back to essentials:
special for AG

Aw, pretty. Copied directly from that photo we saw the other day. Nice!

September 29, 2012 11:40 pm  #1069

Mattlocked wrote:

THIS one I found a while ago and have it as wallpaper on my desktop at home - simply LOVE it....

Awww. Even their cups look cute together.

September 29, 2012 11:41 pm  #1070

SusiGo wrote:

I didn't know that drinking tea could be so … hot.

Truly, madly, deeply thud-worthy.

September 29, 2012 11:43 pm  #1071

Mattlocked wrote:

Whoa. This reminds me of an old line from the Hulk (incredible Hulk) TV show from a million years ago, "Don't make me angry. You won't LIKE me when I'm angry."  Whoa.

September 29, 2012 11:48 pm  #1072

SusiGo wrote:

And look at his face  :

I presume this is Benedict the actor, not him as his character, Sherlock. He just looks tired to me, poor babe.

But the coat! Look!  He's got the original fur collar on it! Where in heck did this photo come from? I've never seen (or noticed) him with the fur collar on the coats he wears on the show. I knew the coat was originally sold with a fur collar, but I thought they'd never used it. Huh.  It makes the coat look much dressier, which might be why they stopped using it.

September 30, 2012 7:14 am  #1073

So when I finally went to bed, you got very active. Great way to start the morning. I'm still in love with the tea-drinking lips. Just gorgeous. As for the fur collar: Maybe they thought it was too feminine? Benedict said that the curls make him look like a woman (with which we of course disagree). But it could a way to make the coat more puristic and masculine. Honestly, I prefer it without the fur. 

September 30, 2012 7:42 am  #1074

SusiGo wrote:

So when I finally went to bed, you got very active. Great way to start the morning. I'm still in love with the tea-drinking lips. Just gorgeous. As for the fur collar: Maybe they thought it was too feminine? Benedict said that the curls make him look like a woman (with which we of course disagree). But it could a way to make the coat more puristic and masculine. Honestly, I prefer it without the fur. 

Oh, for cryin' out loud--  men and their stupid ideas. Feminine? Please. *fans self* What do men know?

I imagine the fur collar was just plain too much for Sherlock the street-runner. Not the stuff of sleuthing and cheekbones and turning up collars to look all cool, lol. Too dressy for his lifestyle. I found it fascinating to actually see a photo of one with the collar though-- I had read that the original coat had a fur collar, just had never seen it before.

I wonder how many actual coats the wardrobe people actually have in their Sherlock closet(s).

September 30, 2012 7:46 am  #1075

Sherlockology says they bought three identical coats for the series. And I agree with you, it simply wouldn't fit the Sherlock style. As for the curls - men sometimes have no idea what women want, do they? 

September 30, 2012 7:57 am  #1076

SusiGo wrote:

Sherlockology says they bought three identical coats for the series. And I agree with you, it simply wouldn't fit the Sherlock style. As for the curls - men sometimes have no idea what women want, do they? 

Only three? Those must be three very busy coats, travelling back and forth between Cardiff and London as they do. They also must be pretty tough-- he stands out in the rain in them a lot, drags them along the floor as he bends down, and he must sweat in them something awful at times. Expensive coat, though-- the old adage you get what you pay for comes to mind.

Men not know what women want? Often they [men] don't even know what THEY want!

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 30, 2012 8:14 am)

September 30, 2012 7:59 am  #1077

The coat cost £ 1,350.00, so I suppose they could afford only three. 
As for women: At least some of them want CURLS! 

September 30, 2012 10:05 am  #1078

Something to relax

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 30, 2012 10:20 am  #1079

*irony on* How very relaxing! *irony off* 

September 30, 2012 12:54 pm  #1080

This thread has grown a page a day while I've been away. (25 posts per page.) That is both amazing and somewhat disturbing. I'm not sure how much time I just spent catching up, but it was probably more than I should have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

Board footera