BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 9:57 pm  #8821

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

SusiGo wrote:

I could understand Quinto quite well but not as good as Benedict. As I said, Chris Pine war hardest. But this is just because I've been to Britain quite often and watch British films and read English literature quite a lot so I understand many Britishisms. But I had to watch Sherlock more than once (and with English subtitles) to get all the subtleties.

I get Britishisms, too, when I read them. But fast-talking mumbling, I often don't catch just exactly what epithet they just threw at each other, lol.

Does Pine mumble? He might. He does nothing for me, so I ignore him. Which is hard to do, when he's the great Captain James T. Kirk, I suppose.

May 11, 2013 9:59 pm  #8822

I don't know if mumbling's the right word. To me he sounds as if he was speaking with his mouth full. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2013 10:23 pm  #8823

SusiGo wrote:

I don't know if mumbling's the right word. To me he sounds as if he was speaking with his mouth full. 

I just went to you tube and tried to listen to his natural speaking voice, but he drives me crazy, so I didn't listen long. The impression I got was that he's very nasal and talks as though he's got cotton stuffed in his sinuses. He also has lower teeth that stick out a bit farther than his upper teeth, so that might give him a strange speaking voice right there. And probably most important, he's very sure of himself and thinks he's cool anyway, so while filming the movie, he might have been trying too hard to take on the Capt. JTK swagger, doing the Capt. Cool thing so much, he's not understandable.

May 12, 2013 3:40 am  #8824

besleybean wrote:

Tee Hee.  I've had to promise my pal I won't scream like a fan girl!

I told my husband I would be wearing my I AM SHERLOCKED t-shirt, and there might be some squeeing. (Did I spell that right?) He asked what that was, and I said fangirling, which he got. He seemed OK with it all. Not that he has a choice.

May 12, 2013 3:43 am  #8825

ancientsgate wrote:

Veecee said: Oh! Ben and Star Trek costumes. What a combination.

A spray-painted-on costume. Yes.

Whatever do you mean?

I have to stop looking at this picture. I thought was only smitten with the Sherlock look, but this one is hard to look away from.

May 12, 2013 6:14 am  #8826

I still wonder how many staff it took to get him in those trousers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2013 1:08 pm  #8827

ancientsgate wrote:

Veecee said: Oh! Ben and Star Trek costumes. What a combination.

A spray-painted-on costume. Yes.

Hmmm....thank you all for putting this pic back in its rightful place.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

May 12, 2013 2:19 pm  #8828

Still my favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 12, 2013 5:23 pm  #8829

Oh, this time with hand! Have to change my wallpaper immediately.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 12, 2013 5:55 pm  #8830

my admiration goes to the ST costume maker tonight 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 12, 2013 5:56 pm  #8831

Mary Me wrote:

Still my favorite.

Dear Gene Rodenberry, thank you so much for your wonderful imagination so that in 2013 we would have this:
Powerful. Intense. Magnificent. Hot. If there's a secret recipe to this, I really don't want to know it!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

May 12, 2013 7:01 pm  #8832

Mary Me wrote:

Still my favorite.

Please stop. You are killing me!

May 12, 2013 8:16 pm  #8833

No pics for over an hour? Looks like everybody is still on the floor.
Don't bother getting up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 12, 2013 8:21 pm  #8834

Lovely one, QE. And a real shirt, for a change 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 12, 2013 8:22 pm  #8835

This is just beautiful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2013 8:23 pm  #8836

And now - for recovery - someone without hands, tight trousers and evil eye (more precisely: hardly any eye!).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2013 8:25 pm  #8837

But look at the  neck and chest!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2013 8:26 pm  #8838

Really makes one want to find out what's behind this cleavage   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 12, 2013 8:27 pm  #8839

No hands, but enough neck for the rest of the day. Chest even.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 12, 2013 8:29 pm  #8840

besleybean wrote:

But look at the  neck and chest!

Here's the special edition for you, besley. Safe enough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera