BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 8:24 pm  #8801

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

SusiGo wrote:

Oh. God. Yes. 

OK. And as for me, I'll just stay down here on my mattress, chomp on my snacks and pat my cat. It's safer down here, and I was afraid I'd damage the house's subfloor, if I kept hitting the deck so hard all the time. It's a cool, humid, drizzly, lazy Saturday here, and I'm comfy. So, shall we begin?

May 11, 2013 8:28 pm  #8802

Good. So I can post another one for you. Not exactly new but … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2013 8:30 pm  #8803

I'm getting that in 3D next week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2013 8:33 pm  #8804

I already had it twice. It's amazing. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2013 8:33 pm  #8805

I assume you mean the film! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2013 8:35 pm  #8806

Well, the film is also quite good. 

May 11, 2013 8:37 pm  #8807

May 11, 2013 8:42 pm  #8808

SusiGo wrote:

This might be one of my all-time fave BC screen caps. This image has it all, everything but the Sherlock hair, and that's okay, because the rest of him.... well, the rest of him..... I likey.

May 11, 2013 8:44 pm  #8809

Yes, we get an awful lot of him, in this particular one!

May 11, 2013 8:46 pm  #8810

SusiGo wrote:

I already had it twice. It's amazing. 

Did it beg for mercy?

May 11, 2013 8:49 pm  #8811

Tee Hee.  I've had to promise my pal I won't scream like a fan girl!

May 11, 2013 9:07 pm  #8812

besleybean wrote:

Tee Hee.  I've had to promise my pal I won't scream like a fan girl!

Bring a sock that you can stuff in your mouth when you need to. I've found that it helps.

May 11, 2013 9:10 pm  #8813

Sock. Or a big bucket of popcorn. There's one scene where I just stared and stopped listening to what he said. So I had to watch it again to understand the plot. 

May 11, 2013 9:12 pm  #8814

Can't wait!

May 11, 2013 9:15 pm  #8815

SusiGo wrote:

Sock. Or a big bucket of popcorn. There's one scene where I just stared and stopped listening to what he said. So I had to watch it again to understand the plot. 

Would it help to go see it with German dubbing or German subtitles? Native speakers talk so very fast, sometimes it's hard to get every word, especially when there's mumbling or talking over each other going on. I always watch DVDs with the English subtitles on here at home-- sometimes they're needed, sometimes not, but they sure help me get all the nuances, the first time through.

Anyway, a 3rd viewing couldn't hurt anything, lol, right?

May 11, 2013 9:27 pm  #8816

The first time I watched it in English. I could understand most of the actors except Chris Pine. I understand British English better than American English. The problem with Benedict was pure distraction.  The next time I watched it in German and could understand the jokes I hadn't gotten before. And, yes, a third visit to the cinema is not impossible. 

May 11, 2013 9:44 pm  #8817

SusiGo wrote:

Oh! Ben and Star Trek costumes. What a combination.

May 11, 2013 9:51 pm  #8818

SusiGo wrote:

The first time I watched it in English. I could understand most of the actors except Chris Pine. I understand British English better than American English. The problem with Benedict was pure distraction.  The next time I watched it in German and could understand the jokes I hadn't gotten before. And, yes, a third visit to the cinema is not impossible. 

Quinto's an American, too. Did you have a problem understanding Mr. Spock? *grin*

I have a hellish time with British English sometimes. Sherlock in particular, for some reason-- maybe it's the distraction thing, as you say, or maybe because it's a BBC production really made solely for a Brit audience and no punches pulled vocally for the rest of us, lol. I don't know, but boy, they talk fast, use a lot of Britishisms, and mumble over each other. Once I got the DVDs, I finally understood virtually everything that was being said. But on first view, I got like 80% of the dialogue.

May 11, 2013 9:54 pm  #8819

Veecee said: Oh! Ben and Star Trek costumes. What a combination.

A spray-painted-on costume. Yes.

May 11, 2013 9:54 pm  #8820

I could understand Quinto quite well but not as good as Benedict. As I said, Chris Pine war hardest. But this is just because I've been to Britain quite often and watch British films and read English literature quite a lot so I understand many Britishisms. But I had to watch Sherlock more than once (and with English subtitles) to get all the subtleties.

Board footera