BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2013 10:07 pm  #8061

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Harriet wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

That's nice. Who are Wilberforce and Pitt? I wouldn't read it anyway. I can't even get the S/J fic I want to read done.

Amazing Grace for Beginners, then . The story of how slavery got abolished in the British Empire.
William Wilberforce, 18th century british politician and abolitionist,
William Pitt the Younger, british politician, BF of WW, played by Benedict 

Ah. I don't know my British history, except for where it intersects with ours, pretty much. 

I also don't even know if I've heard of Amazing Grace-- I thought I'd seen all of Ben's movies. Is it the story of Wilberforce/Pitt?  As for the fan fic about them, everyone knows that NO ONE was gay back in those days, anyway. *smirk*

I just came back to add, I went to Netflix and added Amazing Grace (AG!) to my queue, so I'll see it soon.

Last edited by ancientsgate (April 19, 2013 10:12 pm)

April 19, 2013 10:13 pm  #8062

In this case, history intersects with yours a lot. Neutral ships. American and French flags. Revolution in the colonies...
Another good reason to watch this very fine movie, then.

Some people discuss Pitt t.Y. being either gay or asexual. (What does this remind us of?  )
Wilberforce was single for long, and then married, happily.

If you need more reasons:
You can see Benedict fooling around barefoot in the grass, in while shirt 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 19, 2013 10:18 pm  #8063

Harriet wrote:

In this case, history intersects with yours a lot. Neutral ships. American and French flags. Revolution in the colonies...
Another good reason to watch this very fine movie, then.

Some people discuss Pitt t.Y. being either gay or asexual. (What does this remind us of? )
Wilberforce was single for long, and then married, happily.

If you need more reasons:
You can see Benedict fooling around barefoot in the grass, in while shirt

Can't wait to see. I generally hate all his movies, but I watch for the eye candy, lol.

If this was in the 1800s, it wasn't what we call our Revolution, which was the war to gain our freedom from the British King in the 1770s. But revolution, small R, yes, it was probably about the time of our Civil War (War Between the States), and our President Lincoln's determination to preserve the US as one nation and to finally abolish slavery. Lots of world-wide social and cultural changes during those decades, much like what I've lived through in my lifetime, starting with the 1960s. Interesting how humankind continues to evolve, isn't it.

April 19, 2013 10:25 pm  #8064

18th century is 1700ies. The story goes 1797 - 1782 - 1807 (rough outline). Enjoy! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 20, 2013 5:03 pm  #8065

Lips.

eyes.......
ears......
chin.......
cheekbones.........
throat.........

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (April 20, 2013 5:03 pm)

April 20, 2013 5:38 pm  #8066

Ah. Can't....breathe. Ah.
THUD.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 20, 2013 8:06 pm  #8067

Beautiful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 21, 2013 12:35 am  #8068

Admittedly, it's a little too late for a goodnight pic - but here you are. Nice dreams for the rest of the night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 21, 2013 2:43 am  #8069

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Ah. Can't....breathe. Ah.
THUD.

This one did it for - I just came to long enough to post.....

"Shall we begin?"

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (April 21, 2013 2:44 am)

April 21, 2013 3:53 pm  #8070

Always good to see the Pilot.

And here's one from me after having been so lazy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2013 3:56 pm  #8071

Slowly adjusting to activity, with dressing gown? 

April 21, 2013 3:57 pm  #8072

Exactly. I was inspired by Tobe's harmless, calming pics. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2013 4:01 pm  #8073

Safer after such intense weekend 

April 21, 2013 4:02 pm  #8074

Yes. We watched SiP, ASiB and TRF and finished this noon with the first episode of PE. A demanding agenda. 

April 21, 2013 4:07 pm  #8075

Classics weekend then, plus some new input. Scientific choice 

April 21, 2013 4:09 pm  #8076

Yes, it was very scientific as always. With Tobe pointing out some of the finer details I had somehow missed the last ten times. Must have been distracted by … whatever. 

I think I just died. 

http://haru-barton.tumblr.com/post/48440522480/last-pic-no-taking-out

Last edited by SusiGo (April 21, 2013 5:40 pm)

April 21, 2013 6:02 pm  #8077

Now back to reality:"Tatort". 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 21, 2013 6:03 pm  #8078

Oh. God. No. Which one today?

April 21, 2013 6:05 pm  #8079

Cologne. Could be worse.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 21, 2013 6:06 pm  #8080

Okay. Laterz. 

Board footera