BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2013 10:14 pm  #6461

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Yesterday hubby watched a historical documentary and "John Watson" gave an interview. 
Today he watched something about Hildegard von Bingen - and within 5 minutes the name Benedict was pronounced about 10 times.
HOW shall I concentrate on my fanfic?
We have to suffer..................

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 3, 2013 10:14 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 3, 2013 10:16 pm  #6462

SusiGo wrote:

That's the right spirit. I watched Guenter Jauch tonight
There goes my sanity. 

How very true 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 3, 2013 10:18 pm  #6463

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 3, 2013 10:20 pm  #6464

Yesterday in a café I was served by a woman with short grey hair wearing - a purple shirt. You can guess what my thoughts were. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 3, 2013 10:29 pm  #6465

Let me guess - you checked if any of the buttons were missing 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 3, 2013 10:43 pm  #6466

Er, yes. But she wasn't a button-strainer, to be honest. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 4, 2013 1:25 pm  #6467

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 4, 2013 8:23 pm  #6468

My mother called Benedict weird looking. I started to cry. I screamed "No he's fking beautiful! He is the most beautiful human being on earth!" Then I showed her the thread and she remained silent. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 4, 2013 8:37 pm  #6469

I have a best friend who thinks he's ugly. I still need to work on her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 4, 2013 8:37 pm  #6470

Well done, Mary. Sorry you had to cry but sometimes mothers have to be convinced by hard evidence. 

March 4, 2013 8:50 pm  #6471

Ok - another piece of evidence:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 4, 2013 8:59 pm  #6472

Urgh sometimes she's so unsensible. But now, two minutes after, she calls him sweet. So, I've worked on her well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 4, 2013 9:19 pm  #6473

OMG, did you notice his fingernails? I'm finally losing it. 

Mary, you did a good job. It's just the way mothers and daughters sometimes are. The men my daugher finds attractive are totally different from my taste. Not only regarding age. She loves Casper, for example. Not my cup of tea although he isn't that much younger than Sherlock.  

March 4, 2013 9:36 pm  #6474

Mary, did your mother already listen to his original voice? This could make a huge difference...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 4, 2013 9:39 pm  #6475

Show her the Jaguar ads. Or him reading a poem. Or just a scene from Sherlock. Or … 

March 4, 2013 9:48 pm  #6476

Mary, I feel sorry for you!  At least you were able to convince your mother!

I have my family well trained. My mum recently told me about a dream she'd had in which she and Benedict had had an affair. And my sister said that this 'Benjamin Cambridge' was kind of cute. 

Last edited by Lily (March 4, 2013 10:16 pm)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 4, 2013 10:12 pm  #6477

So, here's someone hopefully willing to play you a lullaby (that is: if you're willing to go to sleep now).
As for me, I'm going to read some boring scientific lecture on my Kindle. Good night!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 4, 2013 10:15 pm  #6478

Good night, Tobe! Thanks for this lovely picture and your heroic scientific efforts on behalf of all of us 

March 4, 2013 10:16 pm  #6479

And so I'll spend the rest of my birthday on the thudding mattress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 4, 2013 10:18 pm  #6480

Harriet wrote:

Good night, Tobe! Thanks for this lovely picture and your heroic scientific efforts on behalf of all of us

Where would we be if Tobe didn't keep up the scientific work in this forum and read obscure stories like the rest of us?  

Board footera