BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2013 4:14 pm  #5341

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Beautiful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2013 8:01 pm  #5342

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I think I've heard that those are not Ben's hands. Some hand model, I guess. They don't look like his hands. And how weird is that, that I think I know what his hands look like?

February 6, 2013 8:04 pm  #5343

Harriet wrote:

ah, no - too much stuff on his beautiful face

Anytime the hair and eye colors are right, I'm a happy camper.
Funny how they wax or pluck his uni-brow but don't do anything about the bush on the outer edges of his eyebrows. Good lord.

February 6, 2013 8:04 pm  #5344

ancientsgate wrote:

I think I've heard that those are not Ben's hands. Some hand model, I guess. They don't look like his hands. And how weird is that, that I think I know what his hands look like?

Why wouldn't they take Ben's hands? Aren't they pretty enough? Hard to imagine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 6, 2013 8:09 pm  #5345

Mary Me wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

I think I've heard that those are not Ben's hands. Some hand model, I guess. 

Why wouldn't they take Ben's hands? Aren't they pretty enough? Hard to imagine. 

Prolly a matter of scheduling. Valulable/expensive Ben would be better used doing what only he can do with his face, body and voice, and Joe Schmo hand model can take care of the endless close-ups with the tea cups-- I'll bet it took them half a day to get that scene in the can, with the putting on the kettle to boil and arranging the cups and teapot, etc. That would be a waste of valuable/expensive Ben time.

Last edited by ancientsgate (February 6, 2013 8:10 pm)

February 6, 2013 8:21 pm  #5346

I can't tell from this photo, but I'll pay attention next time I watch this episode. If it's not his hands, what a waste...

February 6, 2013 8:30 pm  #5347

Be still my beating heart, they didn't have to play with his eyes though. They are gorgeous they way they are :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

February 6, 2013 8:40 pm  #5348

biscuitbear wrote:

I can't tell from this photo, but I'll pay attention next time I watch this episode. If it's not his hands, what a waste...

Nah. After all, it's not a waste when they use a stunt double, right? They're just telling a story, and when I'm watching, well, it's all Sherlock, even though intellectually I know it can't always be.

February 6, 2013 8:41 pm  #5349

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Be still my beating heart, they didn't have to play with his eyes though. They are gorgeous they way they are :D

Manippers are always and 4-ever playing with his eyes. Drives me crazy.

February 6, 2013 8:51 pm  #5350

ancientsgate wrote:

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

oh no!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 6, 2013 8:57 pm  #5351

That happened before, and it's already dark outside... Do you have insurance for consequences of thudding? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2013 9:00 pm  #5352

I think I´ve just started the bath-collection:

(src:http://men-in-baths.tumblr.com/post/19708268643/benedict-cumberbatch-of-sherlock-atonement-war)

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (February 6, 2013 9:01 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 6, 2013 9:03 pm  #5353

what happened to your former posting? fallen into the tub?

Last edited by Harriet (February 6, 2013 9:04 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2013 9:06 pm  #5354

don´t know. something got wrong here. have a bad connection - and it´s getting slower when I´m searching for pics :-)

February 6, 2013 9:08 pm  #5355

I know this kind of problem - sometimes it's just tedious 

NOT WRONG is your bath tub pic, though 

February 6, 2013 9:10 pm  #5356

February 6, 2013 9:13 pm  #5357

this one I find somewhat eerie 

February 6, 2013 9:15 pm  #5358

that should be a gif? what´s on here? a conspiracy?
trying again: 

February 6, 2013 9:16 pm  #5359

it works as a gif here 

February 6, 2013 9:17 pm  #5360

it didn´t on my screen.seems to be right, now. I´d like a rain-shower, too 

Board footera