BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2016 8:29 pm  #39461

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

besleybean wrote:

I know...should we be worried about an addict(Sorry Sherlock, "user")being presented so glamorously?

Nah. It's pretend. You're the one who hated him smoking so much in earlier seasons, right BB?

January 4, 2016 8:31 pm  #39462

Correct me. THUD

January 4, 2016 8:41 pm  #39463

I love that he's so proud of John over the misdiagnosis!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2016 8:46 pm  #39464

besleybean wrote:

I love that he's so proud of John over the misdiagnosis!

I know. He grumbles and mumbles about John and what John gets up to or doesn't get up to, but you can see the admiration and caring right there under his rumbles of discontent.

January 4, 2016 8:47 pm  #39465

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I could have the same concerns. He should not look that pretty considering what state he got himself in. I know this one is in the mind palace and how he sees himself... but yeah. 

I´m sure people in RL can take drugs while being dressed up glamorously and remain that way even during "high".
Shortly after Victorian Era, the cocaine was abused mostly among high class society and yes, people were usually nicely dressed up while using.
It´s a cliche that an addict must always wallow in some dark alley and puke just because he had taken something. It´s not a glorification of drug-abuse if you avoid that cliche (and show the awful nightmares pursuing the user in the process).
Also, 7% solution is too weak to do some substantial damage to its user - I´ve read that most cocainists used 40% to 70% solution.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 4, 2016 8:52 pm  #39466

So possibly Sherlock is vindicated.
He is a user, not an addict!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2016 8:57 pm  #39467

I didn't mean the clothes though... I meant his face. His eyes could have been red, his hair more damp an messy... a lot less dignified... but that's just me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 4, 2016 9:00 pm  #39468

I did think he looked high in the eyes.

January 4, 2016 9:02 pm  #39469

I didn't mean the clothes though... I meant his face. His eyes could have been red, his hair more damp an messy... a lot less dignified... but that's just me...

We don't use the word in American English, but he looks knackered. Rode hard and put up wet, as the saying goes.

January 5, 2016 11:46 am  #39470

nakahara wrote:

After an acid trip:
Stoned but beautiful nevertheless.

not a good ad against drugs, isn't it. ;)

Ben in car looking sexy

There's a video, too.

http://cumberbuddy.tumblr.com/post/136671577629/benedict-cumberbatch-personifies-the-uks

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 5, 2016 11:53 am  #39471

Has he switched allegiances?
Thought he was a jaguar guy!

January 5, 2016 12:30 pm  #39472

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz? My friends all drive Porsches; I must make amends.

January 5, 2016 12:31 pm  #39473

besleybean wrote:

Has he switched allegiances? Thought he was a jaguar guy!

He owes his allegiance to whomever is paying him for it at the moment. I did have the same thought, however. Whatever kind of expensive car his fine self is sitting in, it's all good, though.

January 5, 2016 12:34 pm  #39474

ancientsgate wrote:

That's so damn hot!!!
He knows exactly how to look...

Last edited by gently69 (January 5, 2016 12:37 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 5, 2016 1:12 pm  #39475

Well, it's not a car ad, they wanted a "Ben looking hot in a car" photoshoot and they probably have a deal with Mercedes. And it's the GQ so cars make sense?! I'd would have prefered a "Ben looking hot in a jacuzzi" photoshoot anyway. But no one from British GQ asked me and half naked men in water is probably not their division.

----------

January 5, 2016 1:17 pm  #39476

And now I have a sudden strange feeling I want to be a car in my next life... that car in particular. Rawr! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 5, 2016 1:31 pm  #39477

And now I have a sudden strange feeling I want to be a car in my next life... that car in particular. Rawr! 

Just the car seat. Or perhaps the steering wheel, which would probably have the best view.

January 5, 2016 1:34 pm  #39478

Ivy wrote:

Well, it's not a car ad, they wanted a "Ben looking hot in a car" photoshoot and they probably have a deal with Mercedes. And it's the GQ so cars make sense?! I'd would have preferred a "Ben looking hot in a jacuzzi" photoshoot anyway. But no one from British GQ asked me and half naked men in water is probably not their division.

I presume that's American GQ, since the steering wheel is on the left, but of course not necessarily. Could be Germany?  Does anyone know? Hotness, that I DO know.

January 5, 2016 2:09 pm  #39479

ancientsgate wrote:

Just the car seat. Or perhaps the steering wheel, which would probably have the best view.

And will be touched by him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 5, 2016 2:18 pm  #39480

ancientsgate wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Well, it's not a car ad, they wanted a "Ben looking hot in a car" photoshoot and they probably have a deal with Mercedes. And it's the GQ so cars make sense?! I'd would have preferred a "Ben looking hot in a jacuzzi" photoshoot anyway. But no one from British GQ asked me and half naked men in water is probably not their division.

I presume that's American GQ, since the steering wheel is on the left, but of course not necessarily. Could be Germany?  Does anyone know? Hotness, that I DO know.

It says British GQ in the link I posted. The video was posted on instagram by British GQ as well. I don't think the side of the steering wheel mattered for the shooting anyway it's about the person sitting in the car looks pretty good.

Last edited by Ivy (January 5, 2016 2:22 pm)

----------

Board footera