BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2014 7:49 pm  #34521

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

ancientsgate wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

You're not taken till you're dead!!  Rumor has it since he has been spotted twice or a few times with Sophie Hunter that they are a serious item but since he's not talking (nor should he) then his private life remains his private life.  Whoever lands him will be the luckiest woman in the world because I just don't think you can find a nicer, more genuine man on the planet.  The Perfect Man. Period.  So delightful in every way, I feel like he's really coming into his own now, this film will elevate him beyond his wildest dreams, I think. No one deserves it more.

Don't idolize him too much; he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else, I'm sure. Whiskers in the sink, the toilet lid left up, socks thrown into the corner of the bedroom, you name it, he's a guy, I'm sure he does it. But yes, he seems a really well put-together human being. For a guy.  *laugh*

Honestly, he would scare me if he didn´t do those things you describe. 
Too much perfection is a curse. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 9, 2014 7:54 pm  #34522

SolarSystem wrote:

Thanks, dear!

And now... the smile, the hands... this just had to be put into b/w.

Heavens, Solar, you know what you're doing? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 9, 2014 8:27 pm  #34523

ancientsgate wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

You're not taken till you're dead!!  Rumor has it since he has been spotted twice or a few times with Sophie Hunter that they are a serious item but since he's not talking (nor should he) then his private life remains his private life.  Whoever lands him will be the luckiest woman in the world because I just don't think you can find a nicer, more genuine man on the planet.  The Perfect Man. Period.  So delightful in every way, I feel like he's really coming into his own now, this film will elevate him beyond his wildest dreams, I think. No one deserves it more.

Don't idolize him too much; he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else, I'm sure. Whiskers in the sink, the toilet lid left up, socks thrown into the corner of the bedroom, you name it, he's a guy, I'm sure he does it. But yes, he seems a really well put-together human being. For a guy.  *laugh*

Certainly, he is not perfect at all.
But he looks perfectly.
He moves perfectly.
He plays act perfectly.
Mmmmmmmmmh........

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

October 9, 2014 9:02 pm  #34524

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 9, 2014 9:31 pm  #34525

ancientsgate wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

Would just like to state for the record that Ben is more than welcome to throw his lovely socks all over my bedroom anytime he wishes.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 9, 2014 10:01 pm  #34526

ancientsgate wrote:

“There are people more perfect than your Beloved,” they told a Lover. 

“But I do not love my Beloved for his form,” a Lover replied. 

“My Beloved is like a cup in my hand.
I drink wine from that cup. I am in love with that wine.
You only have eyes for the goblet and do not know the wine.
A golden goblet studded with precious stones, but containing only vinegar, what use is that to me? An old broken gourd with wine is better in my eyes than a hundred goblets of gold.”

A person must be moved with passion and yearning for them to tell the wine from the cup. This is the same as comparing someone who is hungry and someone who has eaten five times a day.
Both see a loaf of bread. The full one sees only more food, but the hungry person sees life, itself.
To the hungry, this bread is a goblet, and the life it brings is wine. Such wine cannot be known except through hunger and yearning.
Acquire this appetite so you will not only see the appearances of form, but will find the Beloved everywhere.

October 10, 2014 3:41 am  #34527

SolarSystem wrote:

Thanks, dear!

And now... the smile, the hands... this just had to be put into b/w.

That's a great photo, hadn't seen that yet.

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

October 10, 2014 3:46 am  #34528

ancientsgate wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

I wouldn't say I idolize him, but I certainly do admire the holy hell out of him. Compared to the emotionally repressed, beer-swilling ignoramii around these parts, he's a breath of fresh air.  Smart, funny, not afraid to show emotions, a gentleman and about the kindest human I've ever seen.  I think I'm prolly more messy than he is though, LOL, he'd have trouble topping that.......

October 10, 2014 10:58 am  #34529

those hands! I´m dying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 10, 2014 12:40 pm  #34530

nakahara wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

“There are people more perfect than your Beloved,” they told a Lover. 

“But I do not love my Beloved for his form,” a Lover replied. 

“My Beloved is like a cup in my hand.
I drink wine from that cup. I am in love with that wine.
You only have eyes for the goblet and do not know the wine.
A golden goblet studded with precious stones, but containing only vinegar, what use is that to me? An old broken gourd with wine is better in my eyes than a hundred goblets of gold.”

A person must be moved with passion and yearning for them to tell the wine from the cup. This is the same as comparing someone who is hungry and someone who has eaten five times a day.
Both see a loaf of bread. The full one sees only more food, but the hungry person sees life, itself.
To the hungry, this bread is a goblet, and the life it brings is wine. Such wine cannot be known except through hunger and yearning.
Acquire this appetite so you will not only see the appearances of form, but will find the Beloved everywhere.

*STANDING OVATION*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2014 1:23 pm  #34531

Thank you.

I misused some Persian poetry for this, but I find those words very fitting where Ben is involved.

October 10, 2014 3:13 pm  #34532

nakahara wrote:

Thank you.

I misused some Persian poetry for this, but I find those words very fitting where Ben is involved.

I don't think that was misused at all.

Idolize Benedict?  Why I worship the clouds his sparkily shoes walk upon. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2014 5:49 pm  #34533

Ben looking fit and smart. Lovely! 

October 10, 2014 6:05 pm  #34534

And Benedict in the thinker´s pose - equally lovely:

October 10, 2014 6:49 pm  #34535

lovely shirt <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 10, 2014 7:12 pm  #34536

nakahara wrote:

Thank you.

*goes to get a glass of wine*....

October 10, 2014 9:29 pm  #34537

Heidzer wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Thank you.

*goes to get a glass of wine*....

Enjoy the precious drink within. 

October 11, 2014 6:36 am  #34538

Holy… heck…. you guys, what with those 'Flaunt' pics, then beautiful comments about 'idolizing' or not and the poetry.  I'm deaded.    Stopped in here because I saw one small Flaunt pic elsewhere and wondered if there were more, and knew I could count on.    Then came across a link with all of them more hi-res, plus an extra one!  Same table/chairs, but interesting choice for a set-up and apparently a sign in the window for a… *tries to read* some company's meat room? 

http://cumberbum.tumblr.com/post/99526105161/benedict-cumberbatch-for-flaunt-magazine-open-in

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 11, 2014 6:56 am  #34539

love the last two...classy! hm....

October 11, 2014 7:01 am  #34540

These pics are all enchanting.
My love grows.....

THANK   YOU   ALL   FOR  MAKING   ME   HAPPY!

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

Board footera