BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2014 8:58 am  #34281

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Yes, and without the armour we can see his nice black costume. 

As for Tom Hiddleston as Henry - very attractive, too much so if you look at the contemporary portraits. But then Henry is a hero, a leader of men, "this star of England", whereas Richard has been demonised and painted even blacker than he probably was (Olivier looked positively grotesque). I am sure Benedict will find the right mixture of attractiveness and repulsiveness that makes the character so fascinating. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2014 9:06 am  #34282

Have you seen "The Tudors" with Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII...? Same thing, he looked like a rock star, especially in the first two seasons. I can't say that I'm having a huge problem with this though. I guess it helps make the audience believe why so many women fell for him - apart from the fact that he was The King, of course. Because just like Richard III he had sides to his character that weren't attractive at all.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 25, 2014 9:19 am  #34283

No, I only know pictures. It seems legitimate because in his youth Henry VIII was quite a ladies man, the perfect Renaissance prince - good looking, well educated, a Humanist, a musician. 
Poor Richard though never stood a chance. I read that even his contemporaries were convinced that he was responsible for the death of his nephews, an unforgivable crime even in these rougher times. This plus the bad Tudor propaganda and you get a monster, a 15th century Quasimodo. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2014 12:48 pm  #34284

He IS a grown man, however I find it disappointing that someone who was gifted with the most beautiful voice I have ever heard is wasting it by smoking and ruining both this health and his future.  Makes me sad, sorry, that's my opinion.

besleybean wrote:

I'll put him across my knee and smack his backside...silly boy.

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

September 25, 2014 1:05 pm  #34285

Tom *is* film star pretty, damn those cheekbones, hard to make him look ugly, I think the they said in some of the DVD extras for that episode that they deiliberately made Tom sexy, they wanted people to get interested and watch.  Dressing everyone in leather was practical as they could just wipe it clean when it got dirty.  Oh yeah, and it's hot.  ;)

Richard III dies in a very brutal way, according to the autopsy report, how they handle that will be interesting..

Tinks wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

I hate to say it, but Tom's appearance in the last series nearly made me faint, this Richard, with that kind of ratty hair, not so much. I will reserve judgment till I see a full view of the tight leather pants tho. ;)

That's interesting, because my one niggle with The Hollow Crown was that they made Tom H look too "film star pretty" for the part.
I'm glad that it seems they haven't done this with Benedict - or maybe he didn't want them to.

September 25, 2014 1:15 pm  #34286

Heidzer wrote:

Blog pictures - delightful dork....
http://benedictdaily.tumblr.com/

I really like the photographs and BC looks good. I can't wait to watch this. Shame we all have to wait until 2016 to do so.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 25, 2014 4:24 pm  #34287

Though waiting is what we are good at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2014 5:21 pm  #34288

I don't like that he smokes either, but none of us is perfect.  I've never smoked but I know from watching friends and family how hard it can be to quit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 25, 2014 5:23 pm  #34289

besleybean wrote:

Though waiting is what we are good at.

Yes. Never seen BC with that hair before even though its a wig. I think it suits him.

September 25, 2014 5:41 pm  #34290

Yes and yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 26, 2014 11:06 am  #34291

SolarSystem wrote:

Okay, here we go...

I honestly don't think Ben looks very good here. Don't care for the hair myself.  But then again I don't think he's suppose to.  Richard III has never been shown as a particularly good looking man.  

That said however, I would like to start a petition to get Sherlock on a horse at some point in S4.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 26, 2014 12:05 pm  #34292

...and his Sherlock curls would be blowing in the wind...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 26, 2014 12:25 pm  #34293

Where do I sign that petition??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 26, 2014 4:57 pm  #34294

Mmm….  yes, curls blowing in the wind… you can imagine the wind in this pic…. right?   
First post here in ages, cause I'm so behind all the pages you guys have racked up!  But couldn't help myself when saw the different/really neat Richard pics start to surface…
This is going to be so neat, seeing him getting back into Shakespeare again!

(found on pinterest with the caption 'oh lord, why am I so fabulous?')     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 26, 2014 5:38 pm  #34295

*wipes lips and walks away with a blush*

Oh my god. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 26, 2014 6:30 pm  #34296

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Okay, here we go...

I honestly don't think Ben looks very good here. Don't care for the hair myself.  But then again I don't think he's suppose to.  Richard III has never been shown as a particularly good looking man.  

That said however, I would like to start a petition to get Sherlock on a horse at some point in S4.  

That's a pretty nasty wig but I'm still reserving judgment till I get a full length view of the leather pants (or trousers, I guess because leather pants might be really uncomfortable).

Can't picture Sherlock being able to cope with a horse AT ALL.  He'd be insulted that someone else in the room had an an independent brain and didn't give a care what he thought.  If he's unrelatable to people, he would never be able to cope with a horse!

In another role, however, period costume, something let's say, Jane Austen-y, oh yeah.......

September 26, 2014 6:32 pm  #34297

I'd even settle for this......

September 26, 2014 6:50 pm  #34298

Heidzer wrote:

Very nice!  Is this a new photo?

September 26, 2014 9:18 pm  #34299

And how is my nickname Kitten and not Horse?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 26, 2014 11:18 pm  #34300

Bronte89 wrote:

Heidzer wrote:

Very nice! Is this a new photo?

I don't think it is, I found it somewhere online and added it to my screensaver collection. I love my screensave. I pray that no one else ever sees it, LOL.

Board footera