BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2012 9:59 pm  #321

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Back to the essential:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2012 10:03 pm  #322

Mattlocked wrote:

Back to the essential:

Mmmm, that DOES make me think..... and speaking of burning me, that image does.  In fact, my retinas are on fire as we speak. Good god... help me now.

August 16, 2012 10:05 pm  #323

I fear you are beyond hope, ancientsgate  . There ain't no cure for love (was that Leonard Cohen?)

Last edited by SusiGo (August 16, 2012 10:06 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2012 10:10 pm  #324

Oh... I'm so awfully sorry!! This should be nothing else but a nice, calming good-night piccie (british -ie for picture? does it exist? hm... I like it anyway!  )

August 17, 2012 12:34 am  #325

I like this one. I love his hair style and colour. Eyes. Lips (oh, those lips ). Neck. PERFECT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 17, 2012 1:58 am  #326

221B Baker Street wrote:

I like this one. I love his hair style and colour. Eyes. Lips (oh, those lips ). Neck. PERFECT.

On one of the DVD commentaries, Ben mentions keeping his Sherlock coat collar up to cover up "that neck" or "my neck", I forget how he said it. As though it's too long and needs covering? WTF? Someone needs to get that boy by that collar and talk some sense into him!  Mmmm, like the neck. Do.

August 17, 2012 1:59 am  #327

SusiGo wrote:

I fear you are beyond hope, ancientsgate  . There ain't no cure for love (was that Leonard Cohen?)

Mmm. I believe this is lust, pure and simple. *g* And yes, there is no hope for me. I am totally incorrigible.

August 17, 2012 2:19 am  #328

Wow, it seemed like I was only away for a minute, and you all went to town. Exploding ovaries and burning retinas. It sounds painful -- and dangerous.

I went to Tinker, Tailor just to humor (humour) my husband, who had read all of those books. (I'm not a big spy/thriller fan), but I ended up enjoying it.  So some of you might like it who didn't expect to.

Anyway, back to Ben's look: It was appropriate to the movie, where he played a younger, mod sort compared to the establishment in the institution. Not sure why he had to be blond, though.

As for the neck picture, he's doing that thing where he slightly opens his mouth like he's about to say something, and maybe he is. I can't stand actors, especially women, who "act" by hanging their mouths open. I want to slap their chins up. But for some reason when Ben has this look, it's very atrractive. Anyone else have that feeling (in whatever body part you choose)?

August 17, 2012 3:01 am  #329

ancientsgate wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

On one of the DVD commentaries, Ben mentions keeping his Sherlock coat collar up to cover up "that neck" or "my neck", I forget how he said it. As though it's too long and needs covering? WTF? Someone needs to get that boy by that collar and talk some sense into him!  Mmmm, like the neck. Do.

Agree. It's weird but he seems to dislike exactly those parts of his body that make us (women) mad about him.
And I don't like him saying 'I'm not Hugh Grant' as if Hugh is a 'beauty'. Ben, you are million times better than Hugh and not only in appearance .

August 17, 2012 3:10 am  #330

veecee wrote:

As for the neck picture, he's doing that thing where he slightly opens his mouth like he's about to say something, and maybe he is. I can't stand actors, especially women, who "act" by hanging their mouths open. I want to slap their chins up. But for some reason when Ben has this look, it's very atrractive. Anyone else have that feeling (in whatever body part you choose)?

May be it's not irritating because he does this unintentionally?

As for me I never liked nerd-looking men before. But after having watched some of Ben's films, such as "Hawking", I started to observe some attractiveness in them . Now I see and observe  .

Last edited by 221B Baker Street (August 17, 2012 3:20 am)

August 17, 2012 3:14 am  #331

veecee wrote:

Wow, it seemed like I was only away for a minute, and you all went to town. Exploding ovaries and burning retinas. It sounds painful -- and dangerous.

Fun. It's fun.  heh  It hurts so gooooood.

As for the neck picture, he's doing that thing where he slightly opens his mouth like he's about to say something, and maybe he is. I can't stand actors, especially women, who "act" by hanging their mouths open. I want to slap their chins up. But for some reason when Ben has this look, it's very attractive.....

The most glaring example of that was in TRF, when the judge was haranguing him about "Mr. Holmes! Can you not show off for just one minute?" (I'm paraphrasing)  Ben opened his mouth, not saying anything yet, and then he was being herded into that cell for contempt.  lololol  Great writing and great, subtle acting there. But since I first noticed that, I've noticed that he does it quite often-- opens his mouth, takes a breath, and then begins to speak. Anyone know if he does that as himself also, or is that just a Sherlock thing??

August 17, 2012 3:21 am  #332

tobeornot221b wrote:

Well, ladies – and guys – isn't it time to list pictures of all our favourite Sherlock/Benedict moments?
(I mean those with a built-in squeak mode… )
There are moments where Sherlock looks rather strange – even unattractive – but there are loads of absolutely gorgeous images of his face, eyes, appearance, attitude…oh, you know what I mean, don't you?
*looks desperately for an example*
Erm … here's one of mine:

Such a pretty boy. *happy sigh* mmmm

August 17, 2012 3:59 am  #333

Mattlocked wrote:

Back to the essential:

Lips - yes
Hands - yes
Neck - yes
I fall of my chair - yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 17, 2012 4:23 am  #334

hepzibah wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Back to the essential:

Lips - yes
Hands - yes
Neck - yes
I fall of my chair - yes

I join hepzibah on the floor-- yes.

August 17, 2012 5:13 am  #335

Moftiss have said straight up that they regard everything that had previously been done about Sherlock Holmes was canonical: not just the stories but the Rathbone version & the Jeremy Brett version. So I wonder if they will be moving Sherlock's hair towards the same kind of style?

Looks rather like how Ben has been wearing his lately. Could very well be the hint of the 'maturing' of Sherlock for series 3. It certainly does suit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 17, 2012 6:27 am  #336

221B Baker Street wrote:

What a way to be greeted in the morning! Such a beautiful (man) picture, wow

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 17, 2012 7:04 am  #337

The idea of a complete change of hairstyling, at least at the start of the next series is an intriguing one. I enjoyed TTSS and his hair was that colour because that is how his character in the book is described.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 17, 2012 7:08 am  #338

Then I'd prefer the TTSS style to the slicked-back Rathbone option  .

August 17, 2012 9:23 am  #339

ancientsgate wrote:

............The most glaring example of that was in TRF, when the judge was haranguing him about "Mr. Holmes! Can you not show off for just one minute?" (I'm paraphrasing)  Ben opened his mouth, not saying anything yet, and then he was being herded into that cell for contempt.  lololol

Yesss, this definitely belongs to the favourite moments thread..... 

August 17, 2012 11:07 am  #340

SusiGo wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

What a way to be greeted in the morning! Such a beautiful (man) picture, wow

Yes this photo is absolutely perfect in all ways.

I don't think there is any need for Moftiss to deliberately change or age Sherlock's hairstyle for Season 3 especially if they have visions of this being a Dr. Who like vehicle going on for years and years. Time and age will take care of that naturally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera