BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2014 12:12 pm  #32221

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I can't get over "Föhnwelle". LOL
Also not in b/w ...

And in this pic he really isn't Benedict  anymore ...

Last edited by gently69 (June 24, 2014 12:14 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 12:15 pm  #32222

We should put that on a t-shirt... "Fans of Benedict Föhnwelle Cumberbatch".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 24, 2014 12:18 pm  #32223

...and just look, someone is working on his "Föhnwelle" right there!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 24, 2014 12:23 pm  #32224

SolarSystem wrote:

We should put that on a t-shirt... "Fans of Benedict Föhnwelle Cumberbatch".

LOL

...and just look, someone is working on his "Föhnwelle" right there!

With these "Hamsterbacken" (is there a translation in English) ... no, he definitely doesn't look always the same!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't understand how anybody can claim this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 12:41 pm  #32225

A lovely pic just put on twitter....

I'm clueing for looks

June 24, 2014 12:50 pm  #32226

That's nice. And I mean it seriously.

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 12:51 pm  #32227

I feel a lot better now being sent home early from work!

I love our HamsterBatch! I just want to pinch his cheeks! Awh I'm so excited seeing these pictures and gifs from the set!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 24, 2014 12:59 pm  #32228

Sorry to double post... but is it only my pc that can't play the videos right on We Are Colony? I especially can't play the 'The Presents' clip... it's running way too slow...

I'm a bit miffed, not only because I paid to see all the locked content too, but also because... you know... BEN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 24, 2014 1:24 pm  #32229

June 24, 2014 1:28 pm  #32230

Yay! The second picture looks like he's about to take a swirl like Sherlock in TSo3! 

Hmm... that's just annoying! I was able to see the first two clips fine... oh well... just my luck! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 24, 2014 2:17 pm  #32231

MartaSt wrote:

When I'm looking at Bulger's pictures and Alan's pictures, I'm recalling our talk  from few days ago when some of you have written that some people think that Benedict in every role looks always the same. And I really want to meet this people, show them this photos and say "Yes. Definitely the same. Like two drops of water." <sarcasm mode off>

Anyone who claims BC looks the same in every role has obviously not actually watched many of his performances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 24, 2014 2:20 pm  #32232

tonnaree wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

When I'm looking at Bulger's pictures and Alan's pictures, I'm recalling our talk  from few days ago when some of you have written that some people think that Benedict in every role looks always the same. And I really want to meet this people, show them this photos and say "Yes. Definitely the same. Like two drops of water." <sarcasm mode off>

Anyone who claims BC looks the same in every role has obviously not actually watched many of his performances.

I know which people claim this. People who watched Sherlock S1-3.

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 2:47 pm  #32233

gently69 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

Yeah, "experts"... 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 24, 2014 3:04 pm  #32234

Hard to believe people are saying this... seriously I don't know many other actors who are more versatile and change their looks as much as Benedict does. It took me a while to realise that it is the same guy who played Julian Assange and Sherlock... oh well!

I agree with Mattlocked about the latest pictures, there is a srong resemblance with the young Roger Moore and that's not a bad thing. I always had a soft spot for Sir Roger.

Last edited by diva (June 24, 2014 4:54 pm)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 24, 2014 3:37 pm  #32235

gently69 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

MartaSt wrote:

Hm. Actually I have a problem to see Ben in Sherlock. I even started to cover the dark curls on pictures sometimes.    But still...... So I agree: It's not just the hair or the clothes. It's the facial expression, how he moves, talks and and and....
He is the person he's playing and that's what we see and feel.
Oh, what an actor!! *swoon* 

Last edited by Mattlocked (June 24, 2014 3:38 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 24, 2014 4:19 pm  #32236

To me Sherlock is actually the role that is the least Benedict. Might be the curls, might be the fact that Sherlock often feels so alien to me, even still in S3... In comparison even Assange feels a bit more familiar (if that is even possible when you're talking about an actor you don't really know). 
But be that as it may, people who have a problem with Benedict will never see how versatile he really is, just because they don't want to see.  

June 24, 2014 4:22 pm  #32237

It took me a long time to 'like' Benedict while I absolutely loved Sherlock... I was actually talking to my friend how crazy I felt not being able to see the same person in him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 24, 2014 5:00 pm  #32238

Exactly. After I've watched Sherlock (and before I started to be interested in Ben)  I've seen few films with Benedict and didn't realise at all that he was the same actor who played Sherlock. To be honest, I still have this problem - when I'm watching Sherlock I can't see Benedict, to me they are completely visually different. And in my opinion that shows how wonderful and talented actor Ben is - because when I'm watching film with him I see a character and not the actor.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 24, 2014 5:42 pm  #32239

Oh, that's very interesting.
I'm happy that I am not allone.
I for myself don't love Benedict but Sherlock. These are two completely different persons for me.

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

June 24, 2014 6:38 pm  #32240

Bored-to-be-alive wrote:

Oh, that's very interesting.
I'm happy that I am not allone.
I for myself don't love Benedict but Sherlock. These are two completely different persons for me.

I find it funny how ridiculously attracted I am to Benedict while Sherlock doesn't do much for me. Meanwhile, I'm always pausing the show to drool over John while Martin doesn't do much for me. Just goes to show how the actors are not their characters.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

Board footera