BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2014 8:47 pm  #32201

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Yup, time to go to bed to dream about HamsterBatch.. or something

It must be so uncomfortable having your cheeks stuffed like that and having to act though... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2014 8:55 pm  #32202

When I'm looking at Bulger's pictures and Alan's pictures, I'm recalling our talk  from few days ago when some of you have written that some people think that Benedict in every role looks always the same. And I really want to meet this people, show them this photos and say "Yes. Definitely the same. Like two drops of water." <sarcasm mode off>

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 23, 2014 9:02 pm  #32203

True. And it is not just the make-up. Just look how at the different ways he is holding himself, he acts with the whole doby. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2014 9:09 pm  #32204

Oh yes, he always looks the same. That's the reason why I DIDN'T realise that the actor of Sherlock. Khan and Assange was the same person.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 23, 2014 9:15 pm  #32205

And his eyesight! When he is Turing he has so sad, calm and a little bit timid sight. You can see only by that that this person is shy, not very confident.  And then you are looking into Benedict - Bulgar eyes and you can see energy, confidence, enthusiasm. All played only by eyes. Magnificent.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 24, 2014 4:23 am  #32206

Cheekbones (kind of)! PointyBatch! Everything's alright!

https://twitter.com/sonnysaggese/status/481227440186859521/photo/1

And may I just say that I think that wedding ring looks kind of... sexy?

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 24, 2014 5:20 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 24, 2014 6:33 am  #32207

SolarSystem wrote:

Cheekbones (kind of)! PointyBatch! Everything's alright!

Relief ...

Well I first supposed he is wearing a wig, first pictures which were darker...,  but now in the shiny daylight ... only the sideburns seem to be false.

Last edited by gently69 (June 24, 2014 7:13 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 6:51 am  #32208

I'm sure it's his hair (apart from the sideburns). Ooohhh, somebody must have had so much fun with primping it... it's what I would call a "Föhnwelle" in German.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 24, 2014 6:53 am  #32209

LOL, "Föhnwelle"! And he does not only have a wedding ring but also nine children. Well, not him, but you know … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 24, 2014 6:56 am  #32210

Nine children...! Brave! And still the Föhnwelle looks perfect!

June 24, 2014 7:15 am  #32211

Looked Föhnwelle up ... blow-dry ... ha ha sounds funny.
Btw ... I have no idea ... is Benedict's character a good or a bad guy?

Last edited by gently69 (June 24, 2014 7:16 am)

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 7:42 am  #32212

Föhnwelle? What does it mean?

"

June 24, 2014 7:51 am  #32213

Marta, "Föhn" means "blow-dryer", "Welle" means "wave"... so it means his hair looks sort of billowy because it was blow-dried thoroughly. In Germany you tend to use this word in a bit of a snidely way, very often for singers of uninspired german folk music... "Schlagersänger".
But don't get me wrong, I used the word in an absolutely affectionate way.

June 24, 2014 7:54 am  #32214

And it's a fact, he has a Föhnwelle in this role.

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 8:01 am  #32215

Thank you, I'm getting this now

SolarSystem wrote:

But don't get me wrong, I used the word in an absolutely affectionate way.

Never doubt of it

"

June 24, 2014 8:58 am  #32216

June 24, 2014 9:16 am  #32217

Solar, the first one ...

The second ...

Last edited by gently69 (June 24, 2014 9:16 am)

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 9:27 am  #32218

It's amazing (and also a bit embarrassing, I guess) but he really puts a huge smile on my face with this look. 

June 24, 2014 11:21 am  #32219

SolarSystem wrote:

It's amazing (and also a bit embarrassing, I guess) but he really puts a huge smile on my face with this look. 

With his a-little-bit-like-hamster-looking? Definitely paramount smile 

"

June 24, 2014 12:10 pm  #32220

Board footera