BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2012 8:43 am  #301

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Yummy!

I wonder why "The Time Traveler's Wife" (a book I just finished) comes to my mind .... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2012 8:57 am  #302

There's only too much newspaper in the picture. Okay, I'll shut up and bury my head in shame.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2012 9:00 am  #303

"Honey, please could you hand me the newspaper? Nooo, not only the sports section!!" 

August 16, 2012 9:19 am  #304

Hello you lot. I'm going to put this photo into a new game in the Games section in a mo'. it will be a weekly caption competition so have a go. I see some of you have come up with some ideas already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 16, 2012 9:21 am  #305

Hah, I see it is the usual suspects responding to the above picture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 9:31 am  #306

It won't let me post the picture so I am going to ask the lovely Hepzibah to do it for me. PMd you m'dear.

Last edited by Davina (August 16, 2012 9:31 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 16, 2012 9:33 am  #307

hepzibah wrote:

Hah, I see it is the usual suspects responding to the above picture!

August 16, 2012 9:50 am  #308

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2012 10:06 am  #309

To be honest: I was wondering for a short moment about Davina's post regarding the "Game section", because at first I read "German section" 

August 16, 2012 10:08 am  #310

Ah, a German section with Benedict photo games just for the few of us. That's very generous, Davina 

August 16, 2012 11:06 am  #311

hepzibah wrote:

Ladies, hang on to your ovaries

If I had ovaries I would lose them over that photo

Disguise is always a self portrait

August 16, 2012 11:15 am  #312

Ha, Janine, I'm in the same boat as you, but for a different reason!
How about, hang on to your hormones? We all have those, even if they are different ones 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 4:42 pm  #313

hepzibah wrote:

How about, hang on to your hormones? We all have those, even if they are different ones 

hepzibah, fortunately I have the same hormones as you even if mine come from a pharmacy

Disguise is always a self portrait

August 16, 2012 5:02 pm  #314

hepzibah wrote:

Mmmm! Man!Lust!  I love it. I don't have ovaries any more or anything else, but I ain't blind.... IMO, all one needs is eyes in one's head. Just sayin'.

August 16, 2012 5:04 pm  #315

Ovaries schmovaries, I say.

Last edited by hepzibah (August 16, 2012 5:05 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 5:33 pm  #316

Honestly, I don't think, feel or consciously do anything else with my ovaries. And you definitely don't need them to appreciate Benedict Cumberbatch  .

August 16, 2012 6:22 pm  #317

Snicker, it's just a bit of a running joke all over Tumblr (I told you before, don't judge me, I go there for the science) about exploding ovaries whenever a cute pic of Benny appears.

So, what do we think of this look? Ignoring the ciggie, of course.

I didn't like the look before watching Tinker Tailor, but now I find it strangely compelling.

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 3:15 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 6:29 pm  #318

I know, I occasionally have a look at Tumblr as well for the same reasons. Nothing but research. And many commentaries are really funny. I think I must have a closer look at Tinker, Tailer before judging his looks. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 16, 2012 6:29 pm)

August 16, 2012 9:31 pm  #319

SusiGo wrote:

I know, I occasionally have a look at Tumblr as well for the same reasons. Nothing but research. And many commentaries are really funny. I think I must have a closer look at Tinker, Tailor before judging his looks. 

I cannot figure out how to join Tumblr. When I try, it asks for some kind of password-- how do I get a password if I don't even have an acct? I don't get it. But then, I'm so old, I don't get Facebook either. Oh, well. *channeling Moriarty*  booooring ancientsgate....

There is one Tumblr acct I go to daily, however-- the fan fic author madlori's. She puts up lots of nice Ben/Sher/Martin/John pics, she's an avid Sherlock/John slasher, and so I find a nice nest to root around in there.

August 16, 2012 9:36 pm  #320

hepzibah wrote:

Snicker, it's just a bit of a running joke all over Tumblr (I told you before, don't judge me, I go there for the science) about exploding ovaries whenever a cute pic of Benny appears.

So, what do we think of this look? Ignoring the ciggie, of course.

I didn't like the look before watching Tinker Tailor, but now I find it strangely compelling.

I haven't seen that movie yet. I find his non-Sherlock roles kinda boring, but then I'm not a huge movie fan anyway. Didn't like Atonement, or War Horse. I did like Hawking, however, probably because he was a dead ringer for my old boyfriend back in HS, lololololol.

I liked this larger image, but not the smaller one.  I call this his prep school look-- he's too old here to be a student, of course, but maybe a young teacher, come back to Harrow to tutor the kids in Latin and Greek. Carrying his big stick, of course, to beat away all his admirers. *g*  Yes, I do have a vivid imagination that leans hard to the homoerotic.... *channeling Moriarty again*  Are you just getting that now?

Last edited by ancientsgate (August 16, 2012 9:43 pm)

Board footera