BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2014 8:27 am  #30141

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Well, a girl can dream

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 9, 2014 8:29 am  #30142

mrshouse wrote:

Tstst, I seem to be all alone with my opinion about hats...
*ducks away and hides*

No need to. If you don't like it. We all have different tastes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 8:30 am  #30143

Tinks wrote:

Well, a girl can dream

I join you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 8:50 am  #30144

mrshouse wrote:

*ducks away and hides*

But I'll leave this here for another day of arm adoration...
]

Hey, don't hide!
As gently says; we all have different tastes and that's fine - he can't be 100% perfect at all times to all of us - 99% perfect - maybe 
(Me, I seem to be the only one not keen on the pointing in pictures, but I get why he does..)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 9, 2014 9:13 am  #30145

mrshouse wrote:

*ducks away and hides*

You're not alone mrshouse, I'm not a big fan of them either. I think he hides to much of his beautiful face, hair and head!

Last edited by batchlock (May 9, 2014 9:15 am)

May 9, 2014 9:21 am  #30146

Oh God Yes!!!

(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 9:32 am  #30147

Funbhgfzhwseortujussnlsafe...!!!???!!!!&&&&%%%!!!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 9, 2014 9:33 am  #30148

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 9, 2014 9:37 am  #30149

The second one ... when he is smiling ...

Last edited by gently69 (May 9, 2014 9:39 am)

(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 9:45 am  #30150

Ah, but the last three - he looks really fed up

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 9, 2014 9:52 am  #30151

After a long flight? And no break from being in public? Cameras everywhere? It's hard to be famous sometimes. Serious not ironic ...

(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 9:55 am  #30152

Yeah I know
Hopefully he'll have a chance to relax and some private time to chill out with Adam - I hate seeing him look miserable 

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 9, 2014 10:16 am  #30153

I've already seen the video the gifs are from and I'm annoyed. Benedict had a wonderful trip along the Vistula but I don't like it's all been filmed. He looks tired and all the cameras didn't help him enjoy the trip. It's the festival's press so they probably have a right to do it (and it's in the agreement) but still... I hope he gets some privacy today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 9, 2014 10:29 am  #30154

Marta wrote:

I've already seen the video the gifs are from and I'm annoyed. Benedict had a wonderful trip along the Vistula but I don't like it's all been filmed. He looks tired and all the cameras didn't help him enjoy the trip. It's the festival's press so they probably have a right to do it (and it's in the agreement) but still... I hope he gets some privacy today.

But if I'm not very much mistaken that's just how these things work - and Benedict certainly knows it. You'll see this in Venice or Cannes or any other film festival, it's part of the deal. After all, the actors and directors are there to get publicity for their films, and in order to get publicity you need to go public.

May 9, 2014 10:34 am  #30155

Yes ... this. He isn't there for fun. It is part of his job. The pap photos in New York were worse, because that wasn't an official occasion.

(Tony Hadley)

May 9, 2014 11:11 am  #30156

Part of the job or not, but he is only a human, not a machine, and should have a bit of respite from the people with cameras ;] Show-business stars deserve it as well.

another picture of Ben after arriving 

The Road goes ever on and on...

May 9, 2014 11:15 am  #30157

Probably it's my poor judgement  But since the festival made a two minute video from the material with the sound cut off and put it on the website, does it really increase Benedict's popularity? I'm not sure it's worth it. It would be different if the material was on TV where anyone could see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 9, 2014 11:16 am  #30158

Yes, but what do we do here...? We post pics that were taken while he was there, doing his job. What about his privacy and a bit of respite then and there?
Of course he's only human and I'm sure he'll get a bit of respite and peace and quite when this job is done. But again: this is part of the job. Maybe not the most wonderful part of the job, but still.

May 9, 2014 11:25 am  #30159

I think the lovely thing about this thread is that, while we drool over "official" photos, we are all in agreement that he's not our property and off duty "stolen" shots are off-limits.
I dont think being photographed is something he seems to enjoy but he's intelligent enough to know and accept that at official events it's part of his job, and is usually very gracious about it.
It just seemed to me, looking at those gifs, that to begin with he looks quite happy and pleased to see Adam, and then he suddenly looks quite grumpy; maybe the tiredness just suddenly hit him, though.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 9, 2014 11:30 am  #30160

Oh come on, I surely love him as much as you do, but I'm a bit fed up (again) with statements like "poor guy, needs a rest" and stuff. He is a celebrity and a grown up.
And what I saw so far wasn't that bad that anyone needs to worry. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera