BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2012 11:41 pm  #281

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

hepzibah wrote:

...Is there any other actor we can name who makes so many changes to his hair colour and style? To me, it shows a lack of vanity and ego that he is willing to do whatever the script needs.

I can't stand the red/blond hair, but that beautiful face is always just below it, whatever color his hair is, so I can just....shift my gaze to the south a bit, and I'm in my happy place. *g* 

One thing I like about Ben is that he's almost always clean-shaven. He doesn't walk around all scruffy and unkempt as so many American actors do. He doesn't appear in public in a tee shirt and hoodie with baggy jeans with holes in them, looking as though he just came off the beach or from a  fishing trip. When he's out and about, he looks goooooood.

August 15, 2012 12:07 am  #282

AG, you need to take a look at this site. Apart from being hysterically funny, it does sometimes post older pics of my (er, I mean, our) boy with facial hair, hoodies, scruffy t-shirts and baggy jeans! Sorry to burst your bubble, but the comment on there are soooo funny, I'm sure you will recover 
Apparently, Benny is actually aware of that site and the moderator is convinced he is one of the people who posts comments. Any time that I don't spend on this site or on AO3, i spend there (I need a life, no I don't, I'm quite happy here, thank you)
http://whatareyouwearingbenedict.tumblr.com/

Last edited by hepzibah (August 15, 2012 12:08 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 15, 2012 12:20 am  #283

veecee wrote:

Oh, TTT, I had to admit a while back that I thought he looked hot in this pic. Then I worried about what that said about me. Do I have company?

First of all i really like this actor but i'm not crazy about him lol and hot is not the word i could say for the pics i propose. In fact i choose them because for how to say i like the "graphic" of these pictures. I don't know if i'm explain well.

Last edited by TicTacToe (August 15, 2012 12:23 am)

August 15, 2012 12:52 am  #284

I wanted to post these a while ago but wasn't sure that you would remember The Spice Girls, especially our younger members, but after the Olympics closing ceremony, I can't resist. Have to admit to a soft spot for SportyBatch   

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 2:43 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 15, 2012 1:34 am  #285

hepzibah wrote:

AG, you need to take a look at this site. Apart from being hysterically funny, it does sometimes post older pics of my (er, I mean, our) boy with facial hair, hoodies, scruffy t-shirts and baggy jeans! Sorry to burst your bubble, but the comment on there are soooo funny, I'm sure you will recover 
Apparently, Benny is actually aware of that site and the moderator is convinced he is one of the people who posts comments. Any time that I don't spend on this site or on AO3, i spend there (I need a life, no I don't, I'm quite happy here, thank you)  http://whatareyouwearingbenedict.tumblr.com/

I follow one Canadian actor who's about Ben's age, who *still* makes official, paid appearances at fan conventions all over the world, dressed and looking like he just rolled out of bed. You know how a guy looks who's had the flu for 3 days and then just managed to get out of bed, pee, maybe brush his teeth, and put his shoes on and then show up? Like that. I am not amused. (and no, AFAIK, he's not a druggie or anything...just uber-casual, I guess)  It's nice to see that BC is more evolved than that, at least in the last few years.

Do you know about this Tumblr acct?
http://fuckyeahcumberbatch.tumblr.com/
I spent more than an hour last night getting through to the last page of Ben images--- there are 98 pages in all! I snagged about 15 things to keep-- a lot of it I'd seen, but there were several things I hadn't seen in there. Some lovely Sherlock gif's, some nice Sherlock and John stuff, and several of Ben and Martin, both dressed up and more casual. Some Sherlock publicity stills I'd never seen, including one of the Homes brothers.

Hey, we all HAVE a life.... it's just an unconventional one, right? Right.

August 15, 2012 1:53 am  #286

Whatever excuse you need to post the pictures again is OK with me.

Maybe we should vote on our favorite. I'm having a hard time: B&W, Little Prince, or young professor?

August 15, 2012 6:21 am  #287

Ah, purposes of science, of course *LOL* If science is always like that I guess I've studied the wrong subject.  Seriously, I love these pictures and you may post them as often as you wish.
And you're right, he's extremely versatile and willing to change his looks for a part. I'm sure he'd even go as far as Robert Downey Jr. who once played a man suffering from hypertrichosis covered from head to foot in long hair (in a wonderfully eccentric movie called "Fur"). Not that I'd wish Benedict to do just that … 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 15, 2012 6:26 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2012 9:04 am  #288

veecee wrote:

Whatever excuse you need to post the pictures again is OK with me.

Maybe i misunderstood the topic here i thaught it was about the character not the actor lol

August 15, 2012 6:53 pm  #289

Sorry. I don't think I made it clear which batch (pun intended) of pictures I was referring to, but it doesn't matter. Although I am very partial to Sherlock, I'm happy to look at any of them.

August 15, 2012 8:16 pm  #290

Oh, I love these spicy Batches  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2012 10:02 pm  #291

Following ancientsgate's link I found a pic from Third Star and wanted to enlarge it.
Then found this very nice blog "mug7" about the filming. Check this one, it's so nice:
http://mug7.com/2012/04/24/thursday-october-15th-2009/
If you click on "home" there will be even more. Seems to be worth reading, will do when I'm out of bed tomorrow. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 15, 2012 10:18 pm  #292

TicTacToe wrote:

Maybe i misunderstood the topic here i thaught it was about the character not the actor lol

Mmmm, I love to blur the lines on occasion. Can't have one without the other, after all. Truly drool-worthy, both of them. Each of them. ???  Them. They. Whatever. *drools*

August 15, 2012 10:20 pm  #293

hepzibah wrote:

I wanted to post these a while ago but wasn't sure that you would remember The Spice Girls, especially our younger members, but after the Olympics closing ceremony, I can't resist. Have to admit to a soft spot for SportyBatch 

Mmm. Mix me up a batch, will ya?  *sorry, couldn't resist*

I wish I knew how to post pics here. I have a good Sherlock one for Dangerous!Batch.  Good lord... hotness. Coldness. Both.

August 15, 2012 11:53 pm  #294

veecee wrote:

Oh, TTT, I had to admit a while back that I thought he looked hot in this pic. Then I worried about what that said about me. Do I have company?

You do have a company! This pic is really hot.
His posture is great, trousers and shirt fit his body perfectly. It doesn't really matter that he's all over covered with blood, does it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 16, 2012 12:05 am  #295

ancientsgate, you may use http://imageshack.us for downloading pics  .

ancientsgate wrote:

Sounds like a cocktail name . I think one should create a cocktail called 'batch'. While drinking it tastes quite mild and soft, but then you feel warmth inside and the next moment you're hot .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 16, 2012 3:20 am  #296

221B Baker Street wrote:

ancientsgate, you may use http://imageshack.us for downloading pics  .

ancientsgate wrote:

Sounds like a cocktail name . I think one should create a cocktail called 'batch'. While drinking it tastes quite mild and soft, but then you feel warmth inside and the next moment you're hot .

I like the way your think. Is it possible to get cucumber into a drink? Run it through a juicer or something, maybe along with some honeydew melon, pour in some 7-Up and the booze of your choice-- white wine, tequila, gin, vodka? It could rightly be called a 'Cumber Batch then, couldn't it? *is seriously delusional, but... what fun, lol*

August 16, 2012 4:30 am  #297

I do love this picture of Sherlock:

Of course that's with Burke as Watson rather than Hardwicke

But he really does show the Holmes profile as depicted in the canon.
And what a dashing hero he was in this bar fight in The Solitary Cyclist.

*swoon* what a hero.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 16, 2012 6:30 am  #298

Mattlocked wrote:

Following ancientsgate's link I found a pic from Third Star and wanted to enlarge it.
Then found this very nice blog "mug7" about the filming. Check this one, it's so nice:
http://mug7.com/2012/04/24/thursday-october-15th-2009/
If you click on "home" there will be even more. Seems to be worth reading, will do when I'm out of bed tomorrow. 

Thank you so much for the link, it's wonderful read. I shall come back to it to read more. And watch the film again.

August 16, 2012 8:33 am  #299

Ladies, hang on to your ovaries

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 2:21 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 8:40 am  #300

221Bs cocktail could be named The Menopause! Lol

No FT. No comment. Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera