BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2012 1:48 pm  #261

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

http://imgur.com/a/N90WV#0

Last edited by Ivy (August 14, 2012 1:49 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 14, 2012 1:57 pm  #262

Eyes … mouth … hair going back to ginger … falling off chair (that is me)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 14, 2012 2:47 pm  #263

SusiGo wrote:

Eyes … mouth … hair going back to ginger … falling off chair (that is me)

I know *sigh*

He has five month to enjoy his ginger hair, then it's Sherlock time again.

----------

August 14, 2012 6:44 pm  #264

I love this picture of a carefully listening Benedict in Sherlock's costume at the 221B location.
(From "The Making of" part of the series 1 DVDs.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 14, 2012 6:57 pm  #265

I may be in the minority, but I really like the dark, touseled hair. I kind of liked his hair in the pilot. There's not much about the pilot I liked better than abut Pink, but the hair wasn't bad., Not that I don't appreciate the pictures of him with reddish hair. (We don't really use the term "ginger" in the US. I don't know if I know what it means from British books, movies, and TV, or if Americans in general know the term.)

August 14, 2012 7:00 pm  #266

Veece, IF it's minority, we are two already. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 14, 2012 7:20 pm  #267

Thanks. I feel less alone now.

August 14, 2012 7:27 pm  #268

Joining you, guys...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 14, 2012 7:57 pm  #269

veecee wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I really like the dark, tousled hair. I kind of liked his hair in the pilot. There's not much about the pilot I liked better than abut Pink, but the hair wasn't bad., Not that I don't appreciate the pictures of him with reddish hair. (We don't really use the term "ginger" in the US. I don't know if I know what it means from British books, movies, and TV, or if Americans in general know the term.)

Me too. I hate the light hair. His hair does the same thing mine did when I tried to be blond all those years-- he turns all brassy (yeah, we don't say ginger here in the US, especially about a man). I think it's awful. Don't hurt me! (I sound like Moriarty), but.... I love the long dark curls. But my favorite coloring for men is dark hair and light eyes anyway, so.... he rings my chimes, hard, as Sherlock.

August 14, 2012 8:09 pm  #270

But he is naturally ginger, red-headed, auburn.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 8:19 pm  #271

He is. And I don't say I *hate* it. Somehow I had to get used to it because I got to know Ben as Sherlock. Meanwhile I like it, too, but prefer the Sherlock look.

August 14, 2012 8:21 pm  #272

Davina wrote:

But he is naturally ginger, red-headed, auburn.

That's his natural color? Are you sure?  The only pics I've ever found of him with that color was during a certain time a couple of years ago when I thought he had that color for some role he was doing (my mind is blank at the moment-- can't think what it was). His pics from his Baby!Batch roles were all dark-haired. I think I saw one pic of him from Harrow in which he had dark hair as well.

It looks genuinely fake. If he's a natural redhead, that color he was sporting there for a while sure looked as though it'd been enhanced by L'Oreal.  I would recognize that brassy fake out-of-a-bottle color anywhere-- I know, 'cause I had it myself for quite a while! *g*

August 14, 2012 8:35 pm  #273

August 14, 2012 8:41 pm  #274

Interesting. Auburn is a dark brown with reddish overtones, which is probably why his young pics make him look as though he's got brown hair. Auburn needs a certain light, sunlight or spotlights of some kind, to make the red highlights really shine through.

The brassy thing I remember must be from his War Horse and Frankenstein days. Especially War Horse-- awful. The only thing I liked about that role was that he was sitting on top of a horse for a lot of it, lol.

Sometimes they make his Sherlock hair a bit too dark for my taste, almost black. Whoever does his hair seems to be experimenting somewhat over time.

August 14, 2012 8:47 pm  #275

Well, good that you asked, because just then I went: Hm, okay, what IS his natural colour then? Never really thought of it or doubted that it was a nice, bright red. 
But when you google for pics you really get almost everything!
Anyhow, as long as he doesn't always wear the "Bond"-look but let the curls curl free, it's fine for me.

August 14, 2012 9:07 pm  #276

He did an interview with Esauire Magazine way back in July 2010 when he stated, 'I'm auburn'. Plus the following article in The Radio Times:

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-17/red-hot-the-fiery-haired-brits-taking-over-the-world

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 9:31 pm  #277

veecee wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I really like the dark, touseled hair. I kind of liked his hair in the pilot. There's not much about the pilot I liked better than abut Pink, but the hair wasn't bad., Not that I don't appreciate the pictures of him with reddish hair. (We don't really use the term "ginger" in the US. I don't know if I know what it means from British books, movies, and TV, or if Americans in general know the term.)

I totally love his hair in the pilot, it looks much better.

----------

August 14, 2012 9:51 pm  #278

Favourite pictures of Sherlock hmm well... i like this one :

and this one too :

Last edited by TicTacToe (August 14, 2012 10:32 pm)

August 14, 2012 11:17 pm  #279

Oh, TTT, I had to admit a while back that I thought he looked hot in this pic. Then I worried about what that said about me. Do I have company?

August 14, 2012 11:28 pm  #280

I've posted this before but I think it is worth a second look, for purposes of science, you understand. Just to give a comparison of the different coloured hair.
Is there any other actor we can name who makes so many changes to his hair colour and style? To me, it shows a lack of vanity and ego that he is willing to do whatever the script needs.

And for whoever said they didn't like the Bond look, I guess this is what you mean, and are you sure? 

Last edited by hepzibah (October 28, 2012 2:27 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera