BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2012 6:47 pm  #221

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Feet like fish's fin... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 6, 2012 7:13 pm  #222

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 6, 2012 8:14 pm  #223

Anyone of you wondering about that "lipliner" of his that seems to be something he was born with?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 6, 2012 8:17 pm  #224

Read somewhere it has been some kind of sun-burn (?) accident and he said he was afraid that people may think he'd put on make up every day.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 6, 2012 8:24 pm  #225

Oh, interesting, Mattlocked. But I didn't think for one ssssecond that it was some kind of (permanent) make-up. I was just wondering...
Here's my good-night picture for today:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 6, 2012 8:50 pm  #226

Oh, thank you for the sweet dreams I will have now.....

But of course at first I HAD TO find out where the hell I read this sunburn thing - and here it is:

Look closer and its outline seems to have been tattooed, making his cupid’s bow visible from halfway back in the stalls. The marking first appeared when he was working in South Africa, skin damage, he was told by a dermatologist, and an indication of high oestrogen levels normally seen in men with cancer. He was tested and cleared. He laughs: “Then I was just worried that people would think I wore make-up every day.�� 

I think this link has been posted here not too long ago - and we were told that it probably doesn't contain any news for us... but, well.... 
http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/benedict-cumberbatch-the-fa.html

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 6, 2012 8:51 pm)

August 6, 2012 8:56 pm  #227

Now I'm relieved - no cancer and no permanent make-up  . And thank you very much for the goodnight picture.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2012 10:30 pm  #228

If I only knew where all these originally come from....:

http://cumberbulge.tumblr.com/post/26511808701

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 6, 2012 10:31 pm)

August 7, 2012 12:53 am  #229

High oestrogen levels? Is that the same as estrogen, as in the female hormone? Odd.

Anyway, lovely photos, although it's not bedtime here yet.

August 7, 2012 2:51 am  #230

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, those signs of panic in Sherlock's eyes as he fears to lose John...

Thanks for this picture tobe.  Even though Sherlock told Irene he's never begged in his life, I like to think he came as close as he ever will in this scene as John kept walking away from him no matter what he said to him.  Yeah, I know it wasn't really begging - just his way of an apology - but it's my own cozy little secret interpretation - and I offer no apologies for it! 

But once again, we do know that Sherlock is a master manipulator and maybe that's all he was really doing to John - just like he can do to Molly. (He needed John to stick around so he could 'experiment' on him).  But, like his apology to Molly in the Christmas scene, I believe his apology to John was as genuine as it could be for him at this stage of the game. And even though there are other people in his life who obviously like him and care for him - Mrs. Hudson, Lestrade, Molly - he really does see John as his one true friend.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 7, 2012 8:32 am  #231

Mattlocked wrote:

Awww the second one  Isn't that from the bonus stuff on the Sherlock DVDs!?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 7, 2012 9:36 am  #232

Could be, I'm not sure. But they can't keep away from his curls, can they? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2012 1:17 pm  #233

Shame on me! I watched the Bonus stuff only once, so that's why I probably don't remember 

August 7, 2012 4:18 pm  #234

Most of the photos fro Parade's End are not terribly flattering but i like this one

Edited to include a link to the site

http://www.radiotimes.com/photos/2012-08-07/benedict-cumberbatch-and-rebecca-hall-in-parades-end---new-pictures

Last edited by hepzibah (August 7, 2012 4:47 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 7, 2012 4:22 pm  #235

You're right, they need getting used to. He doesn't look like himself. But I'm sure he's done a wonderful job with the character and I'm really looking forward to seeing the film.

August 7, 2012 4:34 pm  #236

what a nice way to wake up in the morning!!   And those braces are what we in USA call suspenders.  I  love those.  Pink lips are a bit much on Ben, though,  I've always thought so.  But I love all these pics and it's so hard to choose just one....so  I'll swipe them all,  thank you very much.   Tea, anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 5:32 pm  #237

Any time, Skitty. Just had a mug of green tea. And the suspenders/braces just drive me crazy but I suppose you all know that by now 

August 7, 2012 6:17 pm  #238

Ivy wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Awww the second one  Isn't that from the bonus stuff on the Sherlock DVDs!?

It´s from a you tube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEdWwb6lhQo&feature=relmfu

time 1.03

Last edited by BigFan (August 7, 2012 6:19 pm)

August 7, 2012 7:12 pm  #239

Here's pilot Sherlock at Angelo's. He looks so adorable and young!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 7, 2012 7:15 pm  #240

Oh, is that an early goodnight picture, Tobe?  Quite a treat after watching the Parade's End cheeks 

Board footera