BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2014 3:45 pm  #23081

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Mattlocked wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Just found these two gifs and isn't it amazing how his faced has changed...?

This is interesting. A bit older, but also I think it's because his head is a bit lower than in the first pic.

Yes, that's possible. To me he looks more... mature in the second one, it's a bit as if his face has more stories to tell. His skin doesn't look all that smooth and somehow that makes him even more attractive (to me).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 7, 2014 3:46 pm  #23082

clareiow wrote:

I adore these photos I really do. I know what you mean about contouring and airbrushing but he looks so ethereal with it.

I don't really like the report though, doesn't paint his relationship with the press and his fans very well. I always thought he had a better relationship with his fans than how they're portraying it....

I don't think it's that bad to be honest - he's asked how he avoids being mobbed and you'd have to expect that at some times he needs to get from A to B fairly quickly, or might just need some private time alone - I've seen reports on various forums from people who've met him and they've all said how lovely he is and how much time he gives so I don't think he'd have meant to appear disrepectful to his fans at all

Last edited by Tinks (March 7, 2014 3:47 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 7, 2014 3:47 pm  #23083

SolarSystem wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Just found these two gifs and isn't it amazing how his faced has changed...?

This is interesting. A bit older, but also I think it's because his head is a bit lower than in the first pic.

Yes, that's possible. To me he looks more... mature in the second one, it's a bit as if his face has more stories to tell. His skin doesn't look all that smooth and somehow that makes him even more attractive (to me).

^This^

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2014 3:48 pm  #23084

Tinks wrote:

clareiow wrote:

I adore these photos I really do. I know what you mean about contouring and airbrushing but he looks so ethereal with it.

I don't really like the report though, doesn't paint his relationship with the press and his fans very well. I always thought he had a better relationship with his fans than how they're portraying it....

I don't think it's that bad to be honest - he's asked how he avoids being mobbed and you'd have to expect that at some times he needs to get from A to B fairly quickly, or might just need some private time alone - I've seen reports on various forums from people who've met him and they've all said how lovely he is and how much time he gives so I don't think he'd have meant to appear disrepectful to his fans at all

Report? Which report? *can'tseeanytextaaaaaahhhh....* 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2014 3:49 pm  #23085

clareiow wrote:

To me, it sounded like they portrayed it like it is. The being-recognized-in-the-street is probably a constant thing now. I read somewhere else recently that he said his friends are coming to realize that if they really want to talk to him without being interrupted, they need to get him either in their or his kitchen. Although I'm quite sure the vast majority of fans mean well and are very polite and understanding, I can see how it might affect your ability to move freely when you're in public, which I can only imagine gets a tad grating after a while.

As for the press thing... well, I believe the "Egypt" sign was probably portrayed in the media without the full context, making it look like he was being a, well... provocative, condescending jerk (which he wasn't if you knew the whole story). I can also see how that might have raised a few red flags to people who didn't know the background story.

To me, the article didn't come across as if he had a problem with the press, or a negative attitude towards them. He's probably just learned to be more wary and careful.

March 7, 2014 3:53 pm  #23086

Oh I don't think it's making him look bad, it's the way the reporter depicts the fans.

". There are people out there these days who so love to hear Cumberbatch talk — who so love to watch Cumberbatch exist — that they do not care what he does, as long as they get to observe him doing it. "

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive....

Last edited by clareiow (March 7, 2014 3:54 pm)

I'm clueing for looks

March 7, 2014 3:55 pm  #23087

It was more like an article about Ben rather than an interview. And the timing of events stated there sounds like it was done quite some time ago. (plus no questions about how was it working with Meryl) Tbh I don't think the write up implies anything bad about his relationship with fans or the public; he has every right to have his alone time and it's definitely going to be difficult with a famous face like that. 

Last edited by Le Bear Polar (March 7, 2014 4:00 pm)

March 7, 2014 3:58 pm  #23088

I should add that I think the sign thing was brilliant.

I don't care much for how the media portray that - he's entitled to express himself however he likes.

I'm clueing for looks

March 7, 2014 4:00 pm  #23089

I agree Teejay - I think he appreciates the support he gets from fans, I really do.
With the Press, his relationship has been a bit wobbly and I think he's become a lot more guarded in what he says to them after they completely twisted his words on one ocassion and he got a lot of flak for it.
The story about why he held up those signs has a completely different context to it when you read his explanation for it.
I've just seen something elsewhere which has annoyed me, where a paper is saying he's a hypocrite for that photobomb because it contradicts him holding up those signs - they don't seem to realize there's a world of difference between obliging the photographers at a promo event like the Oscars, but wanting your privacy when you're working or going about your business - they're just jerks.
Benedict reminds me of George Clooney in some ways though; he also had problems handling the press and the paps when he started out, but he's a master at it now!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 7, 2014 4:03 pm  #23090

clareiow wrote:

Oh I don't think it's making him look bad, it's the way the reporter depicts the fans.

". There are people out there these days who so love to hear Cumberbatch talk — who so love to watch Cumberbatch exist — that they do not care what he does, as long as they get to observe him doing it. "

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive....

Yeah, the "interviewer" was one of those who comes across as a giggly fan themselves while being snooty about anyone else who adores him!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 7, 2014 4:03 pm  #23091

I agree with you Tinks. He definitely had a bit of an experience with the press, he learned from it, and he seems to handle them better now. He seems to choose his words more carefully now, too (a shame, I think).

March 7, 2014 4:07 pm  #23092

Yeah that photobomb story really riled me.

But the pictures......

I'm clueing for looks

March 7, 2014 4:09 pm  #23093

And in color! 

March 7, 2014 4:11 pm  #23094

Mmmmmmmm

I'm clueing for looks

March 7, 2014 4:13 pm  #23095

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 7, 2014 4:17 pm  #23096

Argggghhhhhhh Ben with Fassbender!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 7, 2014 4:21 pm  #23097

adsfgfhkh, I can never get enough of those two!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 7, 2014 4:21 pm  #23098

clareiow wrote:

Argggghhhhhhh Ben with Fassbender!!

March 7, 2014 4:26 pm  #23099

How about Little Favour Benedict?

March 7, 2014 4:27 pm  #23100

Ooh Rebecca!!

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera